Hypnosis and mind control in our workplace?

I'm sorry about your friend, Bo.
I'm three sheets to the wind tonight. I poured out some sips for Steve. I haven't been this way in a while. I'm betting I'm not here again till I bury my father. The beer has lost its luster for me but my brother liked to knock them down and send me pics of them. Till another day.

Inthegame

The facts are Mr. Hoffa's words. Don't you remember the word "unsustainable" in Hoffa's letter to the Democrats explaining how our plan would be affected by Obamacare without subsidies? I know, how quickly you would like us all to forget that letter. Any word on those subsidies our Health care so desperately needs?
Apparently that worrisome mind control is working on you as it has affected your reading/comprehension skills. No where in the now infamous "Hoffa letter" is our plan (TeamCare) mentioned. While the letter does refer to Taft Hartley plans, it also specifically mentions three items need to occur for the predicted "unsustainable" outcome.
1)The first item listed is cutting hours. That is not possible under the IBT/UPS CBA which guarantees hours and benefit payments for FT and PT. Additionally, UPS has increased permanent hiring across the country, thereby increasing benefit obligations going forward.
2) While the ACA doesn't allow Taft Hartleys to enjoy subsidies, (a blunder IMO) other govt. rebate avenues exist such as the RDS program that benefit plans with superior coverage (drugs) found in most Taft Hartley H&W plans.
3) Taxes on plans are manageable and will sunset in three years, actually costing less than rebates already received by participating plans under the RDS and EERP programs.

Hoffa's point was broad and not specific to the UPS CBA. The point being made is some Taft Hartleys will struggle, no doubt. But TeamCare isn't in that picture as the enhanced plan negotiated for UPS'ers is miles ahead of lesser plans.
The real irony is how you (and others) hang on this letter as absolute fact when everything else Hoffa says is met with unequivocal skepticism.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Apparently that worrisome mind control is working on you as it has affected your reading/comprehension skills. No where in the now infamous "Hoffa letter" is our plan (TeamCare) mentioned. While the letter does refer to Taft Hartley plans, it also specifically mentions three items need to occur for the predicted "unsustainable" outcome.
1)The first item listed is cutting hours. That is not possible under the IBT/UPS CBA which guarantees hours and benefit payments for FT and PT. Additionally, UPS has increased permanent hiring across the country, thereby increasing benefit obligations going forward.
2) While the ACA doesn't allow Taft Hartleys to enjoy subsidies, (a blunder IMO) other govt. rebate avenues exist such as the RDS program that benefit plans with superior coverage (drugs) found in most Taft Hartley H&W plans.
3) Taxes on plans are manageable and will sunset in three years, actually costing less than rebates already received by participating plans under the RDS and EERP programs.

Hoffa's point was broad and not specific to the UPS CBA. The point being made is some Taft Hartleys will struggle, no doubt. But TeamCare isn't in that picture as the enhanced plan negotiated for UPS'ers is miles ahead of lesser plans.
The real irony is how you (and others) hang on this letter as absolute fact when everything else Hoffa says is met with unequivocal skepticism.

Another well written essay.

In my never ending search for the TRUTH, would any of your above claims, 1-3) be possible if all UPSer's weren't infused into the plan?
Are UPSer's being utilized to prop up the rest of the Union?

Inthegame

Another well written essay.

In my never ending search for the TRUTH, would any of your above claims, 1-3) be possible if all UPSer's weren't infused into the plan?
Are UPSer's being utilized to prop up the rest of the Union?
SuperBubble, have you already found JUSTICE and the AMERICAN WAY?
TeamCare, formally CS H&W has numerous plans with different levels of coverage. Depending on the negotiated contribution, those levels either increase or decrease. The corresponding obligations of the Fund then increase or decrease. The total plan has been building reserves steadily over the last several years, notably without the "infusion". Most actuarys are predicting lower HC costs increases (to be fair, higher RX costs) in the future so my answer is no.
I believe the Hoffa letter was a plea to get Taft Hartleys included in the subsidy program thereby additional funding, which should have happened as Taft Hartleys are great HC plans. Some less funded TH's will suffer. Not TeamCare as it has superior negotiated contributions across the board.
The real key all need to understand is H&W's differ from Pensions as money goes in and out with little future obligation. Pay off a claim and the obligation is over. Pension obligations last for generations. H&W a few months...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I think, in his anger, BUG may have answered the question?
And the elitist UPS attitude is revealed.... once again.

Screw every other Teamster.

-Bug-
He must be a freight guy?

TeamCare, formally CS H&W has numerous plans with different levels of coverage. Depending on the negotiated contribution, those levels either increase or decrease. The corresponding obligations of the Fund then increase or decrease. The total plan has been building reserves steadily over the last several years, notably without the "infusion". Most actuarys are predicting lower HC costs increases (to be fair, higher RX costs) in the future so my answer is no.
I believe the Hoffa letter was a plea to get Taft Hartleys included in the subsidy program thereby additional funding, which should have happened as Taft Hartleys are great HC plans. Some less funded TH's will suffer. Not TeamCare as it has superior negotiated contributions across the board.
The real key all need to understand is H&W's differ from Pensions as money goes in and out with little future obligation. Pay off a claim and the obligation is over. Pension obligations last for generations. H&W a few months...

Very well and again, would any of this be possible without all UPSer's contributing?

The truth, please.

P.S. Since you brought it up, how is the Central States Pension Fund doing?

Inthegame

Very well and again, would any of this be possible without all UPSer's contributing?

The truth, please.

As long as contracts continue to get adequate negotiated contributions to provide funding for HC obligations, Taft Hartleys will continue and be sustainable with or without UPSers. With UPSers TeamCare gets more funding but has greater outlays because of the superior coverage. Without UPS the expenses go down along with the income.
The CS Pension had great investment returns in 2013 as did most plans (around 20%). Bought them a few more years. But they will struggle unless rules are relaxed or the market takes off.

Irishman Collins

All I can say is it's unbelievable, how many spins the I.B.T. has tried in reference to this letter. Will someone in the I.B.T.'s camp just speak the truth!!

Thank the good lord Jesus I have guys like you to fall back onto when need be. Someone somewhere down the road is proud of the legacy you are leaving. This I know in my heart. Thank you for keeping my hope alive brother.

You are killing them tonight.

I think, in his anger, BUG may have answered the question?

He must be a freight guy?

The truth, please.

With all do respect there is a such thing as being to smart for ones own good. Think about this statement. It's been the downfall of many great men. Many want to be a leader but lack the resources. They might have the resolve but there place will not let them make a difference. Real leaders work around this and make a difference with what they have. I think you need to think about my words. He balls si in your court. Or bless you my brother.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
With all do respect there is a such thing as being to smart for ones own good. Think about this statement. It's been the downfall of many great men. Many want to be a leader but lack the resources. They might have the resolve but there place will not let them make a difference. Real leaders work around this and make a difference with what they have. I think you need to think about my words. He balls si in your court. Or bless you my brother.
It might appear that way if the quote you picked stands alone, out of context.
My quoted words were in response to the assertion that UPSer's were self proclaimed elitists.

The intangibles you refer to come in many forms, but blind faith isn't one of them.
The ball is in my court and by volleying it back, I learn and hopefully, at least gain the respect of the people I engage.
Please don't mistake my conviction as disrespect.

In hindsight I'm not always right, but my errors are not fueled by an indignant thought process, rather a passion for truth and sincerity.
In this discussion I truly hope I am wrong.

I don't believe I can ever be the "yes man" some people want me to be and perhaps that will prohibit me from ever being a "leader" in the union arena.
If that is the case, I will just have to live with it.

hardball88

get'r done

Was TeamCare specifically excluded?

The C6 plan is superior?
To what plan?
Not the one many had before the political force feed.
I'm not saying it's unsustainable and we are thankful for an "enhanced" plan, for now, but after comparing our pensions to that of UPS mechanics we have little reason to by in to the hoopla since past behavior proves trust isn't earned. Seperate the issues of TeamCare and pensions but those of us that want contract negotiations different than this last farce have a hard time believing that this leadership has "our" best interest in mind.

oldngray

nowhere special
What many people are overlooking is the costs in a couple of years and into the next contract. They started off with a lower teaser rate but later on they can raise rates and members will be stuck with what they get. Teamcare isn't that bad for now - better for some but worse for others, but looking down the road it looks like a train wreck approaching.