Hypnosis and mind control in our workplace?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The CS Pension had great investment returns in 2013 as did most plans (around 20%). Bought them a few more years. But they will struggle unless rules are relaxed or the market takes off.
This answer doesn't directly answer the original question.
Why don't you tell us how the fund presently has 63,000 active participants and 210,000 retirees.
What happens when we string a of couple bad years investment wise?
How much longer will UPS continue to guarantee our pension if the Central States Pension Fund collapses?
In my opinion this is a hollow guarantee anyway, as it only extends one collective bargaining agreement at a time, and to date, hasn't cost UPS a dime.
When that dark cloud appears on the horizon, do we really think UPS will agree to shoulder the load for their "elite" workforce?

Last edited:

Irishman Collins

The IBT didn't respond. I did. Apparently you can't handle the truth...
No brother, I believe the I.B.T. did respond because I think I know your identity but I will not disclose it, out of respect to this group and it's rules. How in the world can you make a statement whereas the health plan was solvent without U.P.S. This is where you lose credibility. Even the layman Teamster can understand that when the plan is not adding contributors and Freight people and other miscellaneous contract employees are retiring while there are no new contracts with Central States benefits being negotiated, coupled with the continuing decline of Union Freight companies, simple math and logic tells anyone with a mind that the math just doesn't add up!

Irishman Collins

No brother, I believe the I.B.T. did respond. I think I know your identity but I will not disclose it, out of respect to this group and it's rules. How in the world can you make a statement whereas the health plan was solvent without U.P.S? This is where you lose credibility. Even the layman Teamster can understand that when the plan is not adding contributors and Freight people and other miscellaneous contract employees are retiring while there are no new contracts with Central States benefits being negotiated, coupled with the continuing decline of Union Freight companies, simple math and logic tells anyone with a mind that the math just doesn't add up!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What many people are overlooking is the costs in a couple of years and into the next contract. They started off with a lower teaser rate but later on they can raise rates and members will be stuck with what they get. Teamcare isn't that bad for now - better for some but worse for others, but looking down the road it looks like a train wreck approaching.
There's a reason why they "rebranded" the plan(s).
Isn't that what companies do to try and escape previously earned reputations and perceptions?
Nobody wanted to hear the nomenclature "C6", as it causes angst and anxiety.
Instead, we are a "Team" now.
So let all join hands and sing...kumbaya

This answer doesn't directly answer the original question.
Why don't you tell us how the fund presently has 63,000 active participants and 210,000 retirees.
What happens when we string a of couple bad years investment wise?
How much longer will UPS continue to guarantee our pension if the Central States Pension Fund collapses?
In my opinion this is a hollow guarantee anyway, as it only extends one collective bargaining agreement at a time, and to date, hasn't cost UPS a dime.
When that dark cloud appears on the horizon, do we really think UPS will agree to shoulder the load for their "elite" workforce?
I think as the more highering that goes on the pension will be fine. Soon we will have a large majority of the full time work force that won't have hardly any to nothing invested in central states pension fund. Eventually the might not guarantee people's CSP anymore but that's at least two contracts away.

The sky will always be falling in your eyes. It's who you are. You can take it as disrespect if you want but that's not how I meant it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think, in his anger, BUG may have answered the question? He must be a freight guy?

Umm, no.

If I was.... I would proudly state it.

Bubble, that wasn't a shot at you.

More like at all UPS people, with that sense of entitlement.

If you ever get a chance, go walk a freight dock.

When they find out you are a UPS'er.... they will have no problem informing you

of their disdain for the ungrateful UPS "Teamsters".

The Teamster "princesses".... as they call them.

-Bug-

Inthegame

Umm, no.

-Bug-
Unfortunately too many UPSers believe the pay and bennys happen because of their hard work, not because of the efforts of the IBT.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Unfortunately too many UPSers believe the pay and bennys happen because of their hard work, not because of the efforts of the IBT.

Amen.

I always "prod and poke" trying to get more UPS members involved.

It's sad and embarrassing, the lack of involvement with their Local and the IBT.

-Bug-

*You have infinitely more patience (than me), to take the time and explain things.* :biggrin:

Amen.

I always "prod and poke" trying to get more UPS members involved.

It's sad and embarrassing, the lack of involvement with their Local and the IBT.

-Bug-

*You have infinitely more patience (than me), to take the time and explain things.* :biggrin:
I find that the reason more aren't involved is that they are compensated so highly that they are above what have actually got them there. The typical ups member makes to much money to be bothered with involvement.

Umm, no.

-Bug-
Great post. Some only see ups but there is a whole lot more out there than us. Our own members entitlement gives them this tunnel vision.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I find that the reason more aren't involved is that they are compensated so highly that they are above what have actually got them there. The typical ups member makes to much money to be bothered with involvement.

It's almost like they have a "white collar" attitude.

Some only see ups but there is a whole lot more out there than us. Our own members entitlement gives them this tunnel vision.

And, (most) are oblivious.... to other members of their Local.

-Bug-

Inthegame

No brother, I believe the I.B.T. did respond because I think I know your identity but I will not disclose it, out of respect to this group and it's rules. How in the world can you make a statement whereas the health plan was solvent without U.P.S. This is where you lose credibility. Even the layman Teamster can understand that when the plan is not adding contributors and Freight people and other miscellaneous contract employees are retiring while there are no new contracts with Central States benefits being negotiated, coupled with the continuing decline of Union Freight companies, simple math and logic tells anyone with a mind that the math just doesn't add up!
Las Vegas is waiting for your stand up act. As in too many of your posts, you have gone "round the bend". Not only do you have zero chance of knowing my identity, you've completely missed on how H&W plans work. I'm not going to repeat myself, but to say Taft Hartley, NON PROFIT, H&W Plans are pay as you go with the leftover building reserves. Negotiated contributions come in, claim payments go out. As long as contributions are sufficient, the plan survives indefinitely. TeamCare was growing reserve WITHOUT the infusion of new UPS members. Even if your assumption is accurate that participation is lessening, that simply means claims are also lessening. Again Brother Collins, H&W's don't have continuing obligations like pensions do.
Let me know when you open in Vegas, you'll be a hit...

Inthegame

There's a reason why they "rebranded" the plan(s).
Isn't that what companies do to try and escape previously earned reputations and perceptions?
Nobody wanted to hear the nomenclature "C6", as it causes angst and anxiety.
Instead, we are a "Team" now.
So let all join hands and sing...kumbaya
Maybe you can open for Brother Collins comedy night, but if you're singing I'll be wearing the buds.
I've been on the "Team" a long time my friend, not sure why you question that.
The CS H&W plan was "rebranded" TeamCare in 2011, so that conspiracy is blown apart. Indeed the inappropriate connection to CS Pension was considered. The C-6 plan is the best offering in the multiple coverage levels available. Anyone under C-6 knew they had a quality plan. Most are very appreciative of the coverage.

Inthegame

Oh, you must have forgotten the vast thousands that voted NO to the C6 plan.
You're grasping at straws now.
And you know those vast thousands voted no only because of the C-6 plan? That's a stretch by any measure. A minority of members voted "no" to the offered contract for a variety of reasons. You must have missed the FACT that more thousands voted "yes". How are those straws tasting?
Credibility is sliding. Downhill.
Oh dear, how will I survive with the omniscient hardball88 chastising me. Oh the shame...
Thanks for your concern over my credibility, it's right where its always been.