I don't know what to say...

UPSmeoff

A year ago somebody decided to do away with packages loaded on floor 3 and 4.......now at our PCM this morning they tell us that.....

wait for it..............

............they are doing away with floor 1 and 2, but if you want they will reassign it to floor 3 and 4.

L to the O and back on around to the L

UpsYours

we were told that and for us its been no floor 1 or 2.makes no sense at all .and oh no rdc.1st stop of day bulk stop with air but no rdc anymore

BrownArmy

If there is any possible way the desk-jokeys at UPS can eff things up in the name of efficiency, they will.

Luckily the preloaders/preload-sups/center manager in my center ignore these idiot directives.

Loads still suck though.

stink219

They did that with us. But this is our change. Instead of specific stops assigned to the floor, the system assigns bulk stops to those sections day by day. So on Monday I might have 100 Brown St with 2 pieces on the shelf. On Tuesday I might have 100 Brown St with 15 pieces assigned to FL3. It works pretty good.

DS

Fenderbender
Whatever.Put it wherever you want.
I deliver it no matter where it is.
Just curious,is this to elicit production?

cino321

RDC: 5 or 6 small boxes or envelopes.

4866: 20 boxes of paper. :angry:

Almost always. I've had 70+ drop stops assigned to my 1000 section. Of course they end up on the entire shelf stacked, and some on the floor, which roll around until I get to the stop. Can't open the back door because the car is loaded with other drop stops. Always a blast picking up 70+ pieces in a 1300 and carrying them to the end of the truck in a effort to deliver them. Forget about finding any NDA that may or may not be under the drop stop.

oldngray

nowhere special
Putting NDA in loads was a really bright idea. If you have at least a dozen NDA stops every day they think you van deliver everything in 1000, 2000, and sometimes even get to 3000 before 10:30. Not even counting the airs buried in big mess on the floor. Who cares about service failures anyway?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
They did that with us. But this is our change. Instead of specific stops assigned to the floor, the system assigns bulk stops to those sections day by day. So on Monday I might have 100 Brown St with 2 pieces on the shelf. On Tuesday I might have 100 Brown St with 15 pieces assigned to FL3. It works pretty good.

In theory, that sounds pretty good.

The problem lies when you have a bricked out truck and they load my morning drop stops where i cant reach
This would be pretty much everyday in peak !

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
PCM at 8 until 8:30. Leave building at 8:45. Make it to route at 9:30. Have 12 committed NDA's throughout your load as if they expect you to get to them as you go through your first 40 stops....in less than an hour...before 10:30.

Yes, there are issues with this. Evidently, Orion will be fixing some of this. Any of you guys have that started up yet?