I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

if wages continue to slide down because of capitalism / globalism, in the future people wont be afford to travel, and it will just be through VR machines.

rickyb

i think star wars and the matrix both reference cooperatives and getting rid of capitalism.

vader overthrows his boss, and the machines work with neo.

dudebro

They can also choose to end their employment wiener they want. Workers essentially vote with their feet. if an employers terms are that unfair, no one will work there, and the employer will have to change the terms.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They can also choose to end their employment wiener they want. Workers essentially vote with their feet. if an employers terms are that unfair, no one will work there, and the employer will have to change the terms.

We have several local employers who have a hard time keeping their employees.

There is a reason for that. It sucks to work there.

rickyb

employer terms are BS all over and workers stay and complain. its a choice between a rock and a hard place nowadays

rickyb

Yeah? So?
im saying that choice should not stop as soon as you start working for an employer.

the internal structure of capitalism is the problem, which is working on command / taking orders.

if u disagree, cool. keep making someone rich at your expense. you have no idea what you could be paid, but the employer certainly knows the max it will pay per hour for its employees. you have no idea how much vacation the capitalist your working for takes per year.
you dont know, not because its complex. its because if you found out, you would put 2 and 2 together real quick.

rickyb

I am well known for my tact.
this is my favorite quote ive seen recently:

"I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves." tubman

it got me thinking, if they were slaves but didn't think they were, i wonder what they called themselves? ive never heard the answer to that before, and Ive listen to a lot of anti capitalists / pro cooperative intellectuals.

i also wonder if some slaves foolishly didnt think they were, what portion of the slaves thought like this?

its like me calling a worker a wage slave, but a worker calling themselves free. i might be right...

dudebro

Objectively, you couldn't be more wrong. The two don't even compare. Slaves were not paid, they were owned. If they left their employer they could be hunted down and brought back by force or killed. Any of us can simply tell our employer "I'm not coming back", and that's that..