I love the idea of crossing the picket line

TheDudeAbides92

Nobody is beyond firing if someone looks hard enough but go ahead and cross. Work will dry up quickly and you’ll become a pariah. Just don’t expect anything ever again from the union or your fellow employees.
Work will dry up quickly if there’s really a strike there’s gonna be backup for years

Its_a_me

So let’s say there’s a strike which there’s not gonna be but for the sake of argument…

All the useless slugs who don’t do anything sit outside which I wish they were doing anyway on a usual day and the people who actually wanna work go in and get paid? That honestly sounds wonderful to me. Talk about don’t threaten me with a good time. What am I missing here ?
72edb623-a6f9-4ae2-af40-9c7ff3db29a5_screenshot.jpg

Rocco & Rocco making a special home pick up. Don't worry they'll find a good place for that large item they are bringing out to their car--right next to Jimmy Hoffa.

Shorts365

dude the union doesn’t do anything that we couldn’t negotiate for ourselves or at least you could if you’re actually good at your job. Yeah if you’re not and you’re a lazy sack of dog turd you need the union. That’s why I have no use for it
Are you Ayn Rand's ghost? Do you actually believe that? You realize pro athletes, the creme de la creme, not only have agents but are also unionized? I mean I'm sure your dong is unbelievably massive and you could easily sweep Jeopardy tournament of champions, but come on get a grip dawg.

TheDudeAbides92

I’ve said that I dislike the union and ups equally but the reality is the union has no leverage whatsoever against a company as big as ups. They could just say okay goodbye and start hiring new people tomorrow if they wanted. People would be back in a week and they know that

I’ve said that I dislike the union and ups equally but the reality is the union has no leverage whatsoever against a company as big as ups. They could just say okay goodbye and start hiring new people tomorrow if they wanted. People would be back in a week and they know that
Oh, and let's add labor law to your list of specialties. Tool.

TheDudeAbides92

Are you Ayn Rand's ghost? Do you actually believe that? You realize pro athletes, the creme de la creme, not only have agents but are also unionized? I mean I'm sure your dong is unbelievably massive and you could easily sweep Jeopardy tournament of champions, but come on get a grip dawg.
It’s stupid to strike when you have close to zero leverage

Its_a_me

...and then they can get all new pilots.
...and all new grounds crews
...and all new semi truck drivers
...and all new loaders/unloaders
...and all new route drivers

In the Chicago area, UPS relies on BNSF Railway Co., CN, CSX Transportation, Norfolk Southern Railway and Union Pacific Railroad to accommodate its transportation needs, while some long-distance traffic is assisted in other areas by connecting carriers Kansas City Southern and Florida East Coast Railway. Typically, UPS uses rail if a shipment is traveling 400 or more miles.
...and all new rail transports (as those unionized company's won't take that volume for the labor disputes they will cause).

...and and and

all in an economy with still the tightest labor market in generations.

Guess they will lure those Boomers back....but then there goes their insurance premiums for workers comp claims.

Shorts365

Schrodinger's Scab: the hardest-working and most-deserving employee; also replaceable by next Tuesday.

It’s common sense of which most people have zero. Not to mention they have no idea how many people are out of work completely and how bad the country is. I can’t believe people don’t consider themselves fortunate to have job
There have been much harder times for American workers, if it's so easy, why are UPS and so many other companies still working with unions? Why are unions still a thing? It's "common sense" you can just say "goodbye" and hire replacements.

TheDudeAbides92

There have been much harder times for American workers, if it's so easy, why are UPS and so many other companies still working with unions? Why are unions still a thing? It's "common sense" you can just say "goodbye" and hire replacements.
It’s corporate greed all around. Greed from ups greed from the union…and it’s us getting screwed. Black Rock vs Black Rock fighting each other

cynz

The dude abide, YOU are a hypocrite, if you hate the union so much why do you have a union job. Because you're a hypocrite you like what the teamsters have gotten us over the years. If you didn't you would be working at FedEx which is the same job as us without the backing of the teamsters and without the benefits.
So cross be a scab, like other posts you won't last long when we return to work, I can count on one hand how many scabs kept their jobs. Some scabs thought they were so smart meeting management on route as not to be seen at the building, hiding in backs seats of a car.
First thing Union does asks management for list of ALL scabs. Management treated the scabs like crap when we all got back because they knew the union wouldn't back them. But the scabs cried hey I crossed for you I'm the best ever employee, nope you are a sucker,
The sad thing is if we strike or don't strike the bottom line is you are in a Union job which you don't deserve.

moldsporh

dude the union doesn’t do anything that we couldn’t negotiate for ourselves or at least you could if you’re actually good at your job. Yeah if you’re not and you’re a lazy sack of dog turd you need the union. That’s why I have no use for it

You seem completely clueless on what the union helps provide.

Wow.