I Need Another Job...

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by SubPop79, Sep 11, 2014.

1. SubPop79

SubPop79 Member

I need another job. Right now, I think it would be best to try to find something on the weekends of before I go to work at UPS at around 5 p.m.

If bad goes to worse, I'd be willing to find a night job, or a totally new, full-time job. Might even be willing to move. Lord knows I can't afford to live here.

Do any of you suggestions?

I have 4 years college experience. Visual Journalism major. Did not graduate, and can no longer afford to go back.

2. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Try FedEx Ground on noonday. Don't tell them you work at UPS though.

Sent using BrownCafe App

3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Landscaping is a very popular second job here.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. WESLA

WESLA It is what it is

Interesting

5. browntroll

browntroll Active Member

do this but make sure its not an airport hub, friend of mine told me they ask for 5 years of paystubs and all sorts of
    other background stuff. he tried applying while still working for UPS but they wouldn't hire him they told him to quit UPS.

6. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Don't get another job where you load trailers. I use to do UPS then go into Averitt, and that was awful. The one job I always liked that went with UPS was a security position. No stress, easy on your body etc. I'd try looking for that.

7. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

I always landed jobs in shipping and receiving with my awesome ups experience :D

8. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Tend bar.

9. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Go and see if you can work preload aka the early shift, that way you can work a job at night or later in the sfternoon and maybe get some shuteye before you go to the later job. I always tell people if you work preload go wait tables, easyazz and quick money, like taking candy from a baby lol. Wait tables work less hours and make more money hourly with tips.

10. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Exactly do the math, bar tend and wait tables work less hours and make more money hourly. Kinda a no brainer really. Objective when working 2 or 3 jobs, work the least amount you can and try n make the most you can.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Stupid question-----have you thought about trying to find work in your career field?

12. They are probably going to have a bid sheet up soon. You will be full before you know it.

13. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

sign the feeder list. insta-fulltime

14. We also have a big shortage,of feeder drivers.

15. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

But not a shortage of big feeder drivers. :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Got that right!...lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

as well as painting/carpentry/construction

18. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I worked at both UPS and FedEx Ground and rarely set a foot inside a trailer at either of them. It was like I had and easy/easy 22.3 except that one shift was at FedEx and the other at UPS.

19. ChrisTheBrown

ChrisTheBrown Active Member

That's what I'm doing right now, security on weekends at an insurance company. I occasionally pick up extra shifts during the week, which easily works around my preload schedule. Easy stuff, all I gotta do is show up. Looks like this is probably what I'm gonna do, until my driving with UPS becomes much more consistent.

Sent using BrownCafe App

20. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Visual Journalism?