I plan on becoming a steward. Mark my words. (PT/Package Handler ATM)

W

WestCoastBrown

I have been here for about a month and work any and every chance I can get. I thought I wanted to be a driver but after seeing so many new faces come and go, and even just talking with fellow co-workers, am saddened to see a lack of understanding the contract. I really don't mean this in a callous way. I read the contract via the PDF pretty religiously due to family of mine being union members. I want to be the voice for those that feel like they have none. I don't want to be some push-over scab and plan on paying my dues immediately. I understand what it means to be impartial, but I refuse to be a push-over. I also lurked quite a bit here before posting, so I look forward to you all getting to know me, as I plan to look out for my Brothers and Sisters in the hub. (Yes I capitalized them by importance.)

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I have been here for about a month and work any and every chance I can get. I thought I wanted to be a driver but after seeing so many new faces come and go, and even just talking with fellow co-workers, am saddened to see a lack of understanding the contract. I really don't mean this in a callous way. I read the contract via the PDF pretty religiously due to family of mine being union members. I want to be the voice for those that feel like they have none. I don't want to be some push-over scab and plan on paying my dues immediately. I understand what it means to be impartial, but I refuse to be a push-over. I also lurked quite a bit here before posting, so I look forward to you all getting to know me, as I plan to look out for my Brothers and Sisters in the hub. (Yes I capitalized them by importance.)
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. But go for it, can’t be worse than some of them.

over9five

Staff member
I like your plan. Is there currently a steward?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You’re seasonal 🧔✊

W

WestCoastBrown

You’re seasonal 🧔✊
It does not state that on my account status as an on-hire. I have done seasonal before, but for driver helper.

Let us know when you’re in the Union.
I will as soon as possible my guy. In fact, I will be willing to have this quoted again in November when my 'probation' period is over. I WOULD join sooner, but the right to work states are not as strong as the East.

W

WestCoastBrown

Look, I get a lot of you have had more time under your belt to see and hear it all, but I really am keeping my word here. Without getting too specific, it isn't my first time with UPS, but it is with being IN the hub. I have done seasonal work a handful of times and decided to join the hub finally. I know a lot of you are old school so I'll leave you with the "A man is only as good as his word." I intend to keep mine.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Look, I get a lot of you have had more time under your belt to see and hear it all, but I really am keeping my word here. Without getting too specific, it isn't my first time with UPS, but it is with being IN the hub. I have done seasonal work a handful of times and decided to join the hub finally. I know a lot of you are old school so I'll leave you with the "A man is only as good as his word." I intend to keep mine.
I like this guy- he thinks like me.

W

WestCoastBrown

All I will say is this: Sarcasm and discouragement is exactly why I see a lot of new-hires quit. That and a lack of empathy from fellow Brothers. You guys have to understand and adapt to how the new generation thinks and handles things. Consider the following: Imagine growing up in a Right to Work state your whole life and getting a union job for the first time and your exposure to it is literally no one helping you out, no old heads approach you to show the ropes, and they only have their scab sups and managers to go to because prior to a union job, they never had Brother solidarity. I understand new people and PT people don't stay long, but if the union is to stay strong, we have to speak to others through a mirror, so to speak. My parents raised me on the principles on busting ass and making a name for yourself. Keeping your mouth shut and dealing with it. I also grew up amongst the new generation, being in my late 20s almost 30. Most people can't read above a 4th grade level. Imagine giving a 200 page packet to someone who for their whole life, only read when necessary in class.