I Refuse to believe that not one has a positive thought about FedEx.

hypo hanna

I let management know frequently about policies I find to be complete BS. I Don't feel the least bit restrained about it either.

I dont think the relationship FedEx has with its contractors is anything like what it has with the hourly employees. Apples to oranges. The OP is implying that because he hears no complaints at his Ground terminal that the Express employees here are just a bunch of whiners.

Fedexoffice_driver

Maybe it's just me but FedEx has always treated me fairly. Sure it sucks at times and my climb up parts of the ladder have been tough, but come on.... this either is a unfair sample or all people on forums do nothing but complain about work. I'm not saying some complaints aren't valid but... Every single post?! I've got maybe 5% of drivers at my station that have a complaint. I'm ground, but I'm high enough up to know a bit about express.
Our uniforms do look better than UPS or DHL that's a positive thing

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our uniforms do look better than UPS or DHL that's a positive thing

First, nothing could ever look worse than the DHL "Ketchup and Mustard" costume. Siegfried and Roy couldn't have created anything more ridiculous. DHL should issue bags for drivers to wear over their heads. Our "clown suit" isn't much better, with the large purple side that really looks both stupid and dated. The UPS uniform looks sharp to me. Most of the UPS people I see wear it professionally, with official UPS logo socks when they wear shorts, and most of them fit properly as well. UPS pays to professionally clean the uniforms, by the way. Our threadbare, cheap "StanHermanWare" doesn't really match-up very well. I can easily read the newspaper through my polo shirt...the true mark of quality apparel.

bbsam

Staff member
I dont think the relationship FedEx has with its contractors is anything like what it has with the hourly employees. Apples to oranges. The OP is implying that because he hears no complaints at his Ground terminal that the Express employees here are just a bunch of whiners.
He doesn't hear them because it isn't his job. The complaining goes to the contractor. I have heard some but for the most part it is muted. My routes aren't 12 hours of sprinting and man-handling 90 pound boxes all day.

sjh

A traveler came upon an old farmer hoeing in his field beside the road. Eager to rest his feet, the wanderer hailed the countryman, who seemed happy enough to straighten his back and talk for a moment.
"What sort of people live in the next town?" asked the stranger.

"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer, answering the question with another question.
"They were a bad lot. Troublemakers all, and lazy too. The most selfish people in the world, and not a one of them to be trusted. I'm happy to be leaving the scoundrels."
"Is that so?" replied the old farmer. "Well, I'm afraid that you'll find the same sort in the next town.
Disappointed, the traveler trudged on his way, and the farmer returned to his work.
Some time later another stranger, coming from the same direction, hailed the farmer, and they stopped to talk. "What sort of people live in the next town?" he asked.
"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer once again.
"They were the best people in the world. Hard working, honest, and friendly. I'm sorry to be leaving them."
"Fear not," said the farmer. "You'll find the same sort in the next town."

sjh

I'm not saying FedEx is a fantastic company full of "hard working, honest and friendly" people, but trust me...no matter where you go, no matter the good or the bad, there will always be complainers. As awful as FedEx has been to us in the past five years, it doesn't negate the good that's happened as well.

STFXG

That's exactly how it is over here. I find myself agreeing with the contractors on many complaints.

The problem is that I get people agreeing with me all the time but it doesn't change the :censored2: stupid policies!

Haha a bunch of head nodders with no power to do anything. It's just as fun when contractor relations agrees with you and then tells you, "that's just the way it is."

bbsam

Staff member
Haha a bunch of head nodders with no power to do anything. It's just as fun when contractor relations agrees with you and then tells you, "that's just the way it is."
Right. And then the same nobodies have people thinking they can terminate a contract on a whim. Ridiculous.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A traveler came upon an old farmer hoeing in his field beside the road. Eager to rest his feet, the wanderer hailed the countryman, who seemed happy enough to straighten his back and talk for a moment.
"What sort of people live in the next town?" asked the stranger.

"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer, answering the question with another question.
"They were a bad lot. Troublemakers all, and lazy too. The most selfish people in the world, and not a one of them to be trusted. I'm happy to be leaving the scoundrels."
"Is that so?" replied the old farmer. "Well, I'm afraid that you'll find the same sort in the next town.
Disappointed, the traveler trudged on his way, and the farmer returned to his work.
Some time later another stranger, coming from the same direction, hailed the farmer, and they stopped to talk. "What sort of people live in the next town?" he asked.
"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer once again.
"They were the best people in the world. Hard working, honest, and friendly. I'm sorry to be leaving them."
"Fear not," said the farmer. "You'll find the same sort in the next town."

True, but in the case of FedEx, the farmer would be telling the truth in both cases if he simply said "FedEx Sucks".

hypo hanna

I'm not saying FedEx is a fantastic company full of "hard working, honest and friendly" people, but trust me...no matter where you go, no matter the good or the bad, there will always be complainers. As awful as FedEx has been to us in the past five years, it doesn't negate the good that's happened as well.
So you are saying because FedEx was a good company in the 80's and into the 90's, I should let them screw me over for the next couple of decades?

I have done permanent damage to my body delivering that golden package and that purple promise. i have used up the best years of my life helping to make this company a success one package at a time and now FedEx wants to throw me overboard.
I'm not asking for any more then was promised when I started here. When FedEx can restore that pay and benefits, then I can find something nice to say.