If you are thinking about voting NO…

Non liberal

Under the IBT/UPS Pension Plan any part time service is not included with that 5300 a month over age 55 service benefit.

I am guessing that over 80 percent of those full timers who can qualify have close to 10 years vested as a part timer under the UPS Pension Plan. Those years are subject to a 6 percent penalty for every year prior to age 65 when they left that plan, so if they leave at age 55 as a full timer whatever little amount they have vested as a part timer will be cut by 60 percent. That pension benefit is separate from their full time benefits, totally different plan.

Those members that would qualify for all those IBT/UPS service levels will be retiring much older than the other plans like the Western. We had senior part timers with 15 to 20 years service who jumped on those 22.3’s early on only to find out they would be retiring with less once they hit age 55 by going full time. Those full time years under the IBT/UPS Pension Plan are also subject to a 6 percent penalty if you do not hit those service requirements listed.

It would have been great if they could have negotiated all hours worked like it is done in the West (part time and full time) for those members in the Central and Southern. Didn’t happen…

Those full timers under the IBT/UPS Pension formulas actually deserves more pension equality and improvements than those (enhanced) benefits listed with this TA. The main reason for that is most of us will be close to 65 and will have over 45 years service before we get anything close to what the other plans pay out now.
Wow that’s confusing. I have 5 years part time. How is that going to screw me in retirement?

Under the IBT/UPS Pension Plan any part time service is not included with that 5300 a month over age 55 service benefit.

I am guessing that over 80 percent of those full timers who can qualify have close to 10 years vested as a part timer under the UPS Pension Plan. Those years are subject to a 6 percent penalty for every year prior to age 65 when they left that plan, so if they leave at age 55 as a full timer whatever little amount they have vested as a part timer will be cut by 60 percent. That pension benefit is separate from their full time benefits, totally different plan.

Those members that would qualify for all those IBT/UPS service levels will be retiring much older than the other plans like the Western. We had senior part timers with 15 to 20 years service who jumped on those 22.3’s early on only to find out they would be retiring with less once they hit age 55 by going full time. Those full time years under the IBT/UPS Pension Plan are also subject to a 6 percent penalty if you do not hit those service requirements listed.

It would have been great if they could have negotiated all hours worked like it is done in the West (part time and full time) for those members in the Central and Southern. Didn’t happen…

Those full timers under the IBT/UPS Pension formulas actually deserves more pension equality and improvements than those (enhanced) benefits listed with this TA. The main reason for that is most of us will be close to 65 and will have over 45 years service before we get anything close to what the other plans pay out now.
Bingo

GOODWIN

To everyone voting no. I encourage you to visit or call you union representatives. The fact that we still don’t have to pay a penny on our healthcare for the next 5 years is an inflation buster even if we didn’t get a 2.75 raise. As far as the pension goes I feel we got a big bump. Most employers now just offer a 401K. We have both. I’ve seen contracts where the pension went down 500. UPS is not going to offer anything else. And voting no could backfire on the members. Get the sold facts from a union representative not brown cafe Reddit etc. We voted our representatives in let’s give them the respect they have earned.

reginald95

I was a yes vote initially but the more I think about it, the more I’m leaning towards no.

Just doesn’t sit right with me the pension situation with the West giving up increases over the life of this contract, to prop up other pensions. All pensions should get the same amount allocated since we’re all performing the same work.

I was a yes vote initially but the more I think about it, the more I’m leaning towards no.

Just doesn’t sit right with me the pension situation with the West giving up increases over the life of this contract, to prop up other pensions. All pensions should get the same amount allocated since we’re all performing the same work.
Not just the west, it's everywhere my man.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
The other mom and pop pension funds have ALWAYS PAID SIGNIFICANTLY MORE THAN CS. Stick around 5 yrs to get that 600.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I’ve read everything on TDU,UPSRising,Browncafe and every word in the Master and my region and honestly I like it

1. Retirement after 30 is great.
2. My health insurance is still payed for by UPS.
3. At least the 22.4 drivers are full time. I got screwed in the 90’s workin 50+ hours a week part time . They can only hire 1 22.4 for every 4 drivers hired. .
4. Over 40 dollars an hour at the end of this contract plus all my benefits paid. Where else can you make that much money hustling packages.
I know I’ll have to leave browncafe after posting this but please everyone read all the propaganda on BOTH sides then vote.

To everyone voting no. I encourage you to visit or call you union representatives. The fact that we still don’t have to pay a penny on our healthcare for the next 5 years is an inflation buster even if we didn’t get a 2.75 raise. As far as the pension goes I feel we got a big bump. Most employers now just offer a 401K. We have both. I’ve seen contracts where the pension went down 500. UPS is not going to offer anything else. And voting no could backfire on the members. Get the sold facts from a union representative not brown cafe Reddit etc. We voted our representatives in let’s give them the respect they have earned.

Didn't you learn anything (5) years ago..C'mon Man...

A lot of these Brown Cafe members have been around for decades, they seen this dog and pony show before from both sides.

"Get the (sold) facts from a union representative not brown cage Reddit etc."

I believe you meant (solid)...I think...

Non liberal

Dental sucks. And frankly a lot of the reasoning, in my building to vote no is operations processes.

Dental sucks. And frankly a lot of the reasoning, in my building to vote no is operations processes.
I'm really happy for the UPS-IBT pension guys, it's deserved and long overdue. But...

The language "wins" are truly minimal and a shade of what was described, and the progression is dog:censored2:. MRAs are on the company's honor, presuming they have any, and I didn't like PVDs at all.

I don't like it for that alone, but add this pension mess? Rough waters here man.

GOODWIN

Karma...

sob and staff worked hard and do a great job representing you folks.....to vote no will be a gigantic insult and slap in the head to sob.....vote yes and move on ...

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
How many times are you going to repost this?

Non liberal

I'm really happy for the UPS-IBT pension guys, it's deserved and long overdue. But...

The language "wins" are truly minimal and a shade of what was described, and the progression is dog:censored2:. MRAs are on the company's honor, presuming they have any, and I didn't like PVDs at all.

I don't like it for that alone, but add this pension mess? Rough waters here man.
I don’t understand it, but apparently the IBT guys aren’t the benefactors of the pension increase either.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have another concern about those service pension levels listed with this TA.

Are those (age enhancements…over age 55) included with our previous part time service. Or are they only applied to our full time service under the IBT/UPS..?
Just them in the Central. Full time.

Those service enhancements are actually a good idea. Those five years make a difference in the bottom line.