If you are thinking about voting NO…

I've worked for UPS for 15 years, and I've never voted YES on a contract. Every contract is a sellout, and my salary proves it. I've been treading water for 15 years . . .

Why did you decide to stay part-time, instead of going full-time?
I'm not sure if I could get a full-time position. Aren't they being phased out? I actually prefer the flexibility of a part-time position, and the peak season double-shifting helps. Like I said, though, I think the compensation should be better.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm not sure if I could get a full-time position. Aren't they being phased out? I actually prefer the flexibility of a part-time position, and the peak season double-shifting helps. Like I said, though, I think the compensation should be better.
In 15 years, you aren't sure?....okay

I think you tread water by choice.

In 15 years, you aren't sure?....okay

I think you tread water by choice.
I haven't seriously pursued a full-time position because I prefer the flexibility of working part-time. I'm also a writer, so I like the extra time.

However, I don't think it's far that part-timers always get the short end of the stick. No, I don't tread water by choice. Full-time and part-time both have their pros and cons. It isn't my choice that we don't have a real union. And I know plenty of part-timers who have worked for UPS longer than me.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I haven't seriously pursued a full-time position because I prefer the flexibility of working part-time. I'm also a writer, so I like the extra time.

However, I don't think it's far that part-timers always get the short end of the stick. No, I don't tread water by choice. Full-time and part-time both have their pros and cons. It isn't my choice that we don't have a real union. And I know plenty of part-timers who have worked for UPS longer than me.
So you (and plenty of others) "prefer" to stay part-time and realize full benefits and a pension, but didn't choose.

....and somehow don't have a "real union" and are getting the "short end of the stick".

Do you even hear yourself?

So you (and plenty of others) "prefer" to stay part-time and realize full benefits and a pension, but didn't choose.

....and somehow don't have a "real union" and are getting the "short end of the stick".

Do you even hear yourself?
Nice propaganda. You're just dodging the issue. Are you suggesting that all part-timers should just go full-time? LOL!

Yes, there are people who prefer to work part-time and others who have no choice - some parents, for example. Does that mean it's OK for part-timers to get screwed? Do you even hear yourself?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Nice propaganda. You're just dodging the issue. Are you suggesting that all part-timers should just go full-time? LOL!

Yes, there are people who prefer to work part-time and others who have no choice - some parents, for example. Does that mean it's OK for part-timers to get screwed? Do you even hear yourself?
No, I'm suggesting that you not expect the same commitment from the Company or the Union as a part-timer that someone who goes "all in" gets as a full-timer.

You get from it what you put into it....and it looks like you are getting more than the half that you deserve.

So you're welcome whether you appreciate what the Union has done for you or not.

Pfft

No, I'm suggesting that you not expect the same commitment from the Company or the Union as a part-timer that someone who goes "all in" gets as a full-timer.

You get from it what you put into it....and it looks like you are getting more than the half that you deserve.

So you're welcome whether you appreciate what the Union has done for you or not.

Pfft
No one goes "all in" for the company. And your suggestion that people who work less hours don't deserve respect or support is disgusting. I'm getting MORE than the half I deserve?

The union has done virtually nothing for me or the other part-times. In the meantime, I have a pretty good clue who you're working for . . .

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No one goes "all in" for the company. And your suggestion that people who work less hours don't deserve respect or support is disgusting. I'm getting MORE than the half I deserve?

The union has done virtually nothing for me or the other part-times. In the meantime, I have a pretty good clue who you're working for . . .
The Jews?

GOODWIN

To everyone voting no. I encourage you to visit or call you union representatives. The fact that we still don’t have to pay a penny on our healthcare for the next 5 years is an inflation buster even if we didn’t get a 2.75 raise. As far as the pension goes I feel we got a big bump. Most employers now just offer a 401K. We have both. I’ve seen contracts where the pension went down 500. UPS is not going to offer anything else. And voting no could backfire on the members. Get the solid facts from a union representative not brown cafe Reddit etc. We voted our representatives in let’s give them the respect they have earned.

GOODWIN

To everyone voting no. I encourage you to visit or call you union representatives. The fact that we still don’t have to pay a penny on our healthcare for the next 5 years is an inflation buster even if we didn’t get a 2.75 raise. As far as the pension goes I feel we got a big bump. Most employers now just offer a 401K. We have both. I’ve seen contracts where the pension went down 500. UPS is not going to offer anything else. And voting no could backfire on the members. Get the solid facts from a union representative not brown cafe Reddit etc. We voted our representatives in let’s give them the respect they have earned.