If You Can Make it There....

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Almost Mexico
IMG_4589.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
OK, my income will be $24k when I turn 67. A lot of people will have less than that. Please tell me where I can pay rent, pay utilities, go out to eat, buy clothes as needed, keep a car, keep a dog, travel once in awhile, buy Christmas gifts? And still put $800 or more a month into savings?
Not to be a dick but sounds like poor planning. Why do you all of a sudden want to start saving $800 a month if you’d have done that from the beginning you’d be set

vantexan

Not to be a dick but sounds like poor planning. Why do you all of a sudden want to start saving $800 a month if you’d have done that from the beginning you’d be set
I quit FedEx at 11 years with $13.50 hr topped out income. It was $13.11 but got 39¢ raise several months before quitting 4 years and 4 months after previous raise. They came up with some good adjustments after I quit. Came back 17 months later at $10.85hr starting pay with assurances I'd top out in 7-8 years. Quit again just shy of 15 more years making $18.17hr. Top out was over $24hr at that point. I hung in there for the pension. But got married and quit at 51. Came back less than a year later and worked until I was 55. Of course you'll say I never should've quit but I was frustrated with the lies. They terminated the traditional pension about 5 years before I quit the second time. I get $1840 a month because I took an "accelerated" pension in order to quit at 55. At 67 it drops to $117 a month. It's ok but I'd be doing better if I hadn't quit and hadn't got married. Live and learn.

vantexan

I think that is directed at us losers that actually saw the future coming and prepared with education, hard work, risk-taking, sacrificing, etc...
Maybe it's a function of bad home schooling or something...
Why would I consider you a loser? Your own remarks define you, not me.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I think that is directed at us losers that actually saw the future coming and prepared with education, hard work, risk-taking, sacrificing, etc...
Maybe it's a function of bad home schooling or something...
I worked like a rented mule to provide for myself and my family. I have the toys and a nice retirement income too. My Son seems to think he did everything on his own…I guess I didn’t beat him enough.

Thebrownblob

I quit FedEx at 11 years with $13.50 hr topped out income. It was $13.11 but got 39¢ raise several months before quitting 4 years and 4 months after previous raise. They came up with some good adjustments after I quit. Came back 17 months later at $10.85hr starting pay with assurances I'd top out in 7-8 years. Quit again just shy of 15 more years making $18.17hr. Top out was over $24hr at that point. I hung in there for the pension. But got married and quit at 51. Came back less than a year later and worked until I was 55. Of course you'll say I never should've quit but I was frustrated with the lies. They terminated the traditional pension about 5 years before I quit the second time. I get $1840 a month because I took an "accelerated" pension in order to quit at 55. At 67 it drops to $117 a month. It's ok but I'd be doing better if I hadn't quit and hadn't got married. Live and learn.

My God, they totally ripped you guys off