If you could do it again and choose between UPS or Express, which would you choose?

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
I don't know much about express but I have to call bs on that. $560 a week after 11 years?? I have guys that have been with me for a year and a half that bring home way over that in a week. And that is from the "scab" ground model, and yes I did say bring home not gross

Ouch. Ground/HD I take home $850-$900. But if a Ground driver breaks their leg, Theyre paying out of pocket for the doctors visit.

dezguy

Ouch. Ground/HD I take home $850-$900. But if a Ground driver breaks their leg, Theyre paying out of pocket for the doctors visit.
Interesting. In your first post on this site, you boasted you took home $1100-$1200/week by running from stop to stop. So, which is it?

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
Interesting. In your first post on this site, you boasted you took home $1100-$1200/week by running from stop to stop. So, which is it?

Gross = Pre-taxes
Take home/Net= After taxes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 208

theslinger

Not to get too specific but what general part of the West Coast do you deliver ?
Ground guys around my area get paid about $100 pe r day (assuming net) and this is in Southern Cali. I would assume the HD get paid less than the Ground drivers because the HDs truck doesn't have as many stops/packages as the Ground truck.

FedGT

$100 a day for Southern California?? Does that even pay for their box in the ally and snoop album off iTunes?
Our cost of living is half what that part of the country is and we have to pay more than that for a decent driver to stick around.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
Southern also. The math is simple. Typical week stop wise is usually around 175 per day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. $1.40/stop x 175 average = $1220/week gross. Tax rate fluctuates weekly for some reason, usually lose 25-28% and NET about $900