"In God We Trust" on the nation's coins is civil authority over the duty we owe to ou

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Re: "In God We Trust" on the nation's coins is civil authority over the duty we owe t

Did you know that President Lincoln was destroyed by the hand of God just days after he signed the evil law that put "In God We Trust" on the two cent piece in 1864? What is ironic about that tragedy, is that the advocates of the motto claimed it would bring the nation under the protection of God. Instead, God lifted his protection and destroyed the nation's leader.
I've never heard it put quite like that, that's actually kind of funny :happy-very:. It reminds of when Pat Robertson said that god had struck down Ariel Sharon to prevent him from making a peace deal with the Palestinians. He's apparently a pretty vengeful fellow, at least according to you and Pat.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: "In God We Trust" on the nation's coins is civil authority over the duty we owe t

Did you know that President Lincoln was destroyed by the hand of God just days after he signed the evil law that put "In God We Trust" on the two cent piece in 1864? What is ironic about that tragedy, is that the advocates of the motto claimed it would bring the nation under the protection of God. Instead, God lifted his protection and destroyed the nation's leader.

I also found this to be an interesting twist on the Lincoln assasination.

If you take off the motto you have to give something back like on the early standing liberty quarter. Besides wasn't there an outcry in 1908 to bring the motto back?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We could always put "Not Worth The Paper That It Is Written On" instead.

spuman

It seems to me if God would have taken care of business days before that "evil law " was signed ,it wouldn't be on our money.One thing
I think we can both agree on is your God and my God are not the
same.This is my last post on this thread.

wkmac

Based on Jagger's conclusions, can we assume God was a good ole' southern boy cause Eisenhower in effect did the same thing in 56' and not a hair on his head was ever harmed!

:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

tieguy

Banned

I associate any sort of human authority over religion, the duty we owe to our Creator, with Satan. Our duty to trust in God is owed to God and him alone and should be rendered to God according to his wishes and not those of the civil magistrate.

It's not much of a stretch to say that by putting "In God We Trust" on the nation's coins, the U. S. Government is recommending that we should trust in God.

Very few hold my view. Most Americans are quite comfortable with the government assuming a bit of advisory authority over their religion. Most people who claim to be Christians, actually worship Satan, as did many Americans, especially the Congregationalist and Presbyterians, at the time our grand and glorious republic was established. Fortunately, there were a few more American who were true Christians who respected the Savior's admonition to separate the things of God from those of the earthly princes, and wanted a Constitution for the United States that totally excluded religion from the jurisdiction of the Federal Government.

Nope. I'm just serious about no human authority over religion.

I've never thought it an advisory position. Too passive a phrase. There is no "uncle sam says vote for god" conotation there. I think the phrase does support our right to believe in a higher power. Advisory would be a stretch.

I also think the term god is generic enough to allow the inclusion of many more religious beliefs then just the christian faith. The jews and the muslims certainly believe in a single god.

ol'browneye

Good thing we have this website for people like jagger and the other side to spout their agendas, opinions and beliefs as gospel truth and come up with bs to back their skewed view on the world! I'm sure their co-workers and maybe even their family and friends (if they have any left) make themselves scarce or too busy to talk at the lunch and dinner table because they are tired of opinions like these being thrown at them.

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS! Ignore them and they will go away! If their fire has nothing to feed on it will eventually burn out!

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Nope. I'm just serious about no human authority over religion.

Question ? Who decides what is a religion ? Answer........humans.

Therefore, humans do have authority over religions.

Jagger

The reporter lied when she said that, the plaintiffs demand that the words "so help me God" not be added to the end of the president's oath of office.

Here's what the Plaintiff's demanded with respect to "so help me God":

....declare that unauthorized addition of “so help me God” to the constitutionally prescribed presidential oath of office by the individual administering that oath to the President violates the Establishment and Free Exercise Clauses of the First Amendment, as well as 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000bb et seq. (Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA)... enjoin Defendant Roberts, in his official capacity and in his individual capacity, from altering the constitutionally-prescribed text of the presidential oath of office while administering that oath to the President-elect at the January 20, 2009 inauguration, as well as at any future presidential inauguration​

Justice Roberts should not suggest, recommend or imply that the President Elect has a duty to ask God to help him faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. The Constitution total excludes religion - the duty we owe to our Creator and the methods of discharging it - from civil authority.

That's how I see it.

Jagger

Based on Jagger's conclusions, can we assume God was a good ole' southern boy cause Eisenhower in effect did the same thing in 56' and not a hair on his head was ever harmed!

:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:
Good point, my friend.

Jagger

I've never thought it an advisory position. Too passive a phrase.
I agree. Its actually an assumption of civil authority over the methods of discharging our duty to trust the Creator.