Income Inequality

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
image.jpg
competition is not always a good thing, if u use your imagination you can think of situations where u would not want to compete. competition can be a bad thing, or it can be a good thing.

do you think americans want to lower their wages to $0.25 /hr or the comparable low wages in the 3rd world just so they can stay "competitive"? thats whats happening in the US labor market anyways because of a loss of jobs is pushing down wages of workers.

i dont think an american worker who charges $10/hr is 40x better than a 3rd world worker who charges $0.25/hr, and I think the corporations agree because otherwise they wouldnt be there in the first place.

companies have been leaving america for cheap 3rd world labor for many decades now...i suppose they consider it the best at many things, otherwise they would not still be there. europeans have the best working conditions in the world, but that doesnt mean their product is that much better than americans. i dont necessarily think theres a correlation between quality of labor and cost of labor, but there obviously can be.

but i think students who are $30,000 in debt working for free at internships is a sign of economic mediocrity; and that i dont like.
huuuuh??????

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

but i think students who are $30,000 in debt working for free at internships is a sign of economic mediocrity; and that i dont like.

Which part of "invaluable training and experience" are you not understanding?

Most internships are during the summer while the student is still in school. They gain "real life" experience which helps them apply what they have learned in the classroom.

Should the internships be paid? Of course but employers know that there is an ample supply of qualified applicants willing to do the work for free so why pay for it.

Go to upsjobs.com. You will see all sorts of internships offered at both Worldport and Corporate.

rickyb

Which part of "invaluable training and experience" are you not understanding?

Most internships are during the summer while the student is still in school. They gain "real life" experience which helps them apply what they have learned in the classroom.

Should the internships be paid? Of course but employers know that there is an ample supply of qualified applicants willing to do the work for free so why pay for it.

Go to upsjobs.com. You will see all sorts of internships offered at both Worldport and Corporate.

i dont think its necessarily "invaluable". in the case of your son it sounds worthwhile.

if i were u i would ask why were interships rare before, and why are they exploding in growth now. people used to get paid for getting experience, now they dont get paid. the growth of unpaid internships is a problem.

rickyb

the top 10% of the population controls 90% of the wealth.

the bottom 90% of the population has 10% of the wealth.

how much worse can it get? not much worse.

rickyb

the top 10% of the population controls 90% of the wealth.

the bottom 90% of the population has 10% of the wealth.

how much worse can it get? not much worse.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
yes lets get rid of social security and make old people work until they bend over and die. DUHHHHH!
Or let's let people keep that money that the government TAKES from them for SS and let them spend/save/invest it as they see fit.

The money the government takes from businesses for YOUR SS can go into a 401k plan for you.

But this clearly demonstrates that Rickyb has no concept of what it's like to live in a free society.

Last edited:

rickyb

Or let's let people keep that money that the government TAKES from them for SS and let them spend/save/invest it as they see fit.

The money the government takes from businesses for YOUR SS can go into a 401k plan for you.

But this clearly demonstrates that Rickyb has no concept of what it's like to live in a free society.

yes im sure wall street would love to get their hands on all that SS money....