"incorrect address"

Date Time Location Event Details November 25, 2009 06:51:00 PM Indianapolis IN US Incorrect address
November 25, 2009 05:23:00 PM Indianapolis IN US Incorrect address
November 24, 2009 11:15:00 PM Indianapolis IN US Arrival Scan
November 24, 2009 10:13:00 PM Indianapolis IN US Departure Scan
November 24, 2009 02:56:00 PM Indianapolis IN US Arrival Scan
November 24, 2009 02:19:00 AM Kansas City KS US Departure Scan
November 24, 2009 12:10:00 AM Kansas City KS US Arrival Scan
November 23, 2009 11:39:00 PM Lenexa KS US Departure Scan
November 23, 2009 06:46:00 PM Lenexa KS US Shipment received by carrier
November 23, 2009 04:44:28 PM US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

what does this mean? it sucks cuz it seems like since they messed up now i wont get it until MONDAY cuz of the holidays

i dont understand why it says incorrect address, it is the right address i ordered it from my amazon account which has always had my right address

i just tracked it on the ups website

INDIANAPOLIS, IN, US 11/25/2009 6:51 P.M. THE APARTMENT NUMBER IS MISSING OR IS INCORRECT. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION. / A POSTCARD HAS BEEN SENT TO THE RECIPIENT REQUESTING THAT THEY CONTACT UPS.
11/25/2009 5:23 P.M. THE APARTMENT NUMBER IS MISSING OR IS INCORRECT. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION.

thats *************************************
like i said before ive always had my right address defaulted INCLUDING APARTMENT NUMBER

it says there gonna send me a postcard telling me to contact UPS

HOW THE HELL DO U SEND ME A POSTCARD IF YOU CLAIM YOU DONT HAVE MY ADDRESS???????????????????????????

i probably wont get this ******* package for weeks even though i payed for 1-3 day shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
whatever idiot made the shipping label must of "forgot" to put the apartment number on it

its not like thats important or anything, who needs apartment numbers

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

City, the clerks will first check the computer to see if you are in the system and, if so, will do an ADC (address correction) and put the pkg OFD the next day. Unfortunately, the next day will be Monday as Friday we offer limited delivery and pickup service (next day and second day only). If they are unable to do an ADC based upon the computer or phone book, they will send a postcard to the address on the package. Your mailman will know which apt you live in and will put the postcard in your mailbox. You should call the phone number on the card to give them your apt number and you will have the option of having it delivered to your apt, redirected to your freight address or picking it up. You can also call the toll free, give them the tracking number and your apt number and they will send a message to the center to have your pkg address corrected.

I think you have mentioned in previous posts that there is an apt manager on site where you live. If this is true then I am surprised that the driver did not try to leave the pkg there or at least get your apt number.

Big Babooba

City, the clerks will first check the computer to see if you are in the system and, if so, will do an ADC (address correction) and put the pkg OFD the next day. Unfortunately, the next day will be Monday as Friday we offer limited delivery and pickup service (next day and second day only). If they are unable to do an ADC based upon the computer or phone book, they will send a postcard to the address on the package. Your mailman will know which apt you live in and will put the postcard in your mailbox. You should call the phone number on the card to give them your apt number and you will have the option of having it delivered to your apt, redirected to your freight address or picking it up. You can also call the toll free, give them the tracking number and your apt number and they will send a message to the center to have your pkg address corrected.

I think you have mentioned in previous posts that there is an apt manager on site where you live. If this is true then I am surprised that the driver did not try to leave the pkg there or at least get your apt number.
I have 4 apartment complexes clustered together in my area. There are almost 2000 units between them! I rarely get them but when I do, they are PALed to my last section. When I get there, the offices are closed. No apt # = no delivery.

im confused, why are they going to research to find my address, and then send me a postcard telling me to call them????? why cant they just send me my package when they figure out my address?

and yes there is a office here but it closes at 5 so it was probably closed already

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

im confused, why are they going to research to find my address, and then send me a postcard telling me to call them????? why cant they just send me my package when they figure out my address?

and yes there is a office here but it closes at 5 so it was probably closed already

The clerks will do all that they can to correct your address before sending a post card. They will see if you are in the computer. They will look in the phone book. After they exhaust al ofl these options they will then send a postcard. Keep in mind that sending the postcard will add at least 1-2 days to the process as it has to be mailed, processed and then delivered, you have to receive it and then act upon it.

The best option for you is to call the toll free, give them the tracking number and apt number, and tell them what you want UPS to do--deliver it to your apt, to freight or you can pick it up.

The clerks will do all that they can to correct your address before sending a post card. They will see if you are in the computer. They will look in the phone book. After they exhaust al ofl these options they will then send a postcard. Keep in mind that sending the postcard will add at least 1-2 days to the process as it has to be mailed, processed and then delivered, you have to receive it and then act upon it.

The best option for you is to call the toll free, give them the tracking number and apt number, and tell them what you want UPS to do--deliver it to your apt, to freight or you can pick it up.

if i call the 1800 number will i have to speak to a automated operator who cant understand me for 3 hours before i can get a hold of harvey in india who i cant understand?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

if i call the 1800 number will i have to speak to a automated operator who cant understand me for 3 hours before i can get a hold of harvey in india who i cant understand?

When you call the toll free press 0 as soon as you hear the automated voice. Press it several times until you reach a live person. Describe the situation, give them the tracking number, and tell them what you want done with the pkg.

You will have no problem understanding the person on the other end and it should take no longer than 5 minutes.

P

pickup

i just tracked it on the ups website

INDIANAPOLIS, IN, US 11/25/2009 6:51 P.M. THE APARTMENT NUMBER IS MISSING OR IS INCORRECT. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION. / A POSTCARD HAS BEEN SENT TO THE RECIPIENT REQUESTING THAT THEY CONTACT UPS.
11/25/2009 5:23 P.M. THE APARTMENT NUMBER IS MISSING OR IS INCORRECT. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION.

thats buuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllsheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt

like i said before ive always had my right address defaulted INCLUDING APARTMENT NUMBER

it says there gonna send me a postcard telling me to contact UPS

HOW THE HELL DO U SEND ME A POSTCARD IF YOU CLAIM YOU DONT HAVE MY ADDRESS???????????????????????????

i probably wont get this fu***** package for weeks even though i payed for 1-3 day shipping

I'm sorry that your weekend is ruined and that you won't be able to read your own copy of "mein kampf" for the weekend. Might I suggest going online and reading the public domain versions that are surely floating around there?

rod

Retired 22 years

yes---- Thats what Brown can do for you (now)---- sorry:sad-little:

Postcards are sent to the exact address that is on the package and then UPS holds your package (no wise ***** comments please) for 5 days. IF the postman knows what apartment you are in you will get the postcard. At this time call the number listed on the postcard. IF he don't have a clue which apartment you are in (like UPS) the postcard will be returned to UPS as undeliverable and you can kiss your package good -bye as it will be returned to sender after the 5 day waiting period. Good luck.

The above is what UPS used to do back in the "good old days". Lord knows what the process is now.:sad-little:

P.S. call the 800 number

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Rod, there have been some changes since you left. NI3 prepaid pkgs are RTS--we no longer hold those for 7 calendar days. We do still hold postcards for 7 calendar days.

UPSGUY72

Don't tell us how amazon.com has all the info including your apartment number because if they did you have your package.

I see packages all the time with bad address number, no apt number, etc. What is amazing it usually the same address over and over meaning that the person who has the account with the shipper didn't input the correct info when they set there account up.

It might say they sending out a post card because UPS can't find your APT# or phone number to get the APT #.

I'd go back and fix your account information on amazon.com so this doesn't happen in the future.

Don't tell us how amazon.com has all the info including your apartment number because if they did you have your package.

I see packages all the time with bad address number, no apt number, etc. What is amazing it usually the same address over and over meaning that the person who has the account with the shipper didn't input the correct info when they set there account up.

It might say they sending out a post card because UPS can't find your APT# or phone number to get the APT #.

I'd go back and fix your account information on amazon.com so this doesn't happen in the future.

the information is right, it is my default information, i have never changed it, i dotn have to type it in every time, and i went back and double checked it, it is still right (surprise!)

dont act like i did somethin wrong here....somebody in the chain messed up but it wasnt me

UPSGUY72

the information is right, it is my default information, i have never changed it, i dotn have to type it in every time, and i went back and double checked it, it is still right (surprise!)

dont act like i did somethin wrong here....somebody in the chain messed up but it wasnt me

I know you don't have to type it in everytime either do the people at Amazon.com.

UPSGUY72

Almost forgot YES YOU DID DO SOMETHING WRONG. That's why didn't get your package and is why your complaining in about getting written up in your other Thread. As I see it the whole problem is that you think your pefect and you know everything.

Which is the reason your thinking about working for ABF after you ge fired from UPS.