Indiana-Is a great place to be a bigot....

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm thinking of joining a new religion where animal sacrifices ( endangered animals ) and illegal drugs are used . Will the RFRA allow me protection from local laws ?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Where did I equate your job choice to being gay?

I didn't.

You are lying.

Based on your responses in this thread I thought you were insinuating that job choices were like the "choice" to be gay. My bad.

FedEx was initially an excellent choice for a career, but if I had it do over again I'd go Brown in a second. When I hired-on, and for quite awhile thereafter, I made nearly equal money to UPS, had jumpseat privileges which were very convenient for visiting my family, and profit-sharing twice per year.

Having your CEO screw you over isn't based on your intelligence.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know I've been looking for one near me , but unable to find any .

I've never seen or even heard of one. I'm sure they exist, but the owners probably don't advertise it...or discriminate against customers. I've been to restaurants and bakeries/shops that I highly suspect are gay-owned but how do you know unless they tell you?

If I did find one, I'll bet I could go in, tell them I'm a born again Christian who doesn't believe in homosexuality or gay rights, and they'd still serve me.

It's just a hunch, but that's why gay-owned businesses aren't an issue.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/8/gordon-college-backlash-sparks-discrimination-accu/

Gordon College accuses gay activists of discriminating against its Christian students

No college has taken more flak after running afoul of the gay rights movement than Gordon College, but it turns out the small Christian institution in Wenham, Massachusetts, also has some supporters.

One of them is Lori D'Amico, who submitted petition signatures last week to require the city’s school district to hold another hearing on its vote to bar Gordon undergraduates from serving as student teachers in the Lynn system.

Another is Peter Kirsanow, a member of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, who fired off a letter to the Lynn mayor last month warning her that the school committee had violated the First Amendment by discriminating against Gordon College students based on their religion.

The uproar was spurred by Gordon President D. Michael Lindsay’s joining a July letter from religious leaders to President Obama, asking him to carve out a general religious exemption from an executive order banning federal contractors from discriminating based on sexual orientation or gender identity.

Critics have blasted the request as proof that Gordon condones discrimination, but Mr. Kirsanow disagreed.

“As noted above, no one has claimed that a Gordon College student teacher has discriminated against a Lynn public school student on the basis of their sexual orientation, or even made a comment about sexual orientation,” he said in his letter.

wkmac

Thanks to the new law in Indiana, a new god has emerged there.

Be careful as the law of unintended consequences can be merciless!

Praise God!
images

I'm just waiting now for the real Holy Sacrament to emerge and then I'm off to Indiana! ;)

did_jesus_eat_mushrooms_by_sex4me.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Op-ed writer Frank Bruni, onetime Times restaurant critic and a gay activist, has written that Christians who hold on to “ossified,” biblically-based beliefs regarding sexual morality have no place at America’s table and are deserving of no particular regard.

In one fell swoop, Bruni trashes all believing Christians as “bigots,” saying that Christians’ negative moral assessment of homosexual relations is “a choice” that “prioritizes scattered passages of ancient texts over all that has been learned since — as if time had stood still, as if the advances of science and knowledge meant nothing.”

In other words, if you still cling to your benighted views and your “ancient texts,” you are living in the past and your views merit no respect.

Bruni’s solution to the impasse is not some sort of goodwill compromise or a treaty of mutual respect, but a take-no-prisoners ultimatum to Christians to abandon their beliefs or else. When Bruni says that Christians’ understanding of sexual morality is “a choice,” what he means is that there is a way out without completely losing face: just embrace the new morality preached by mainstream liberal churches that see nothing wrong with any sexual arrangement you are comfortable with. Then we will accept you.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Op-ed writer Frank Bruni, onetime Times restaurant critic and a gay activist, has written that Christians who hold on to “ossified,” biblically-based beliefs regarding sexual morality have no place at America’s table and are deserving of no particular regard.

In one fell swoop, Bruni trashes all believing Christians as “bigots,” saying that Christians’ negative moral assessment of homosexual relations is “a choice” that “prioritizes scattered passages of ancient texts over all that has been learned since — as if time had stood still, as if the advances of science and knowledge meant nothing.”

In other words, if you still cling to your benighted views and your “ancient texts,” you are living in the past and your views merit no respect.

Bruni’s solution to the impasse is not some sort of goodwill compromise or a treaty of mutual respect, but a take-no-prisoners ultimatum to Christians to abandon their beliefs or else. When Bruni says that Christians’ understanding of sexual morality is “a choice,” what he means is that there is a way out without completely losing face: just embrace the new morality preached by mainstream liberal churches that see nothing wrong with any sexual arrangement you are comfortable with. Then we will accept you.
Why do you care what Frank Bruni says?