Injury at Home

vantexan

Hi guys, hope you can tell me what the rules are these days concerning sick days. I fell and hurt my back at home a week ago and was off all week. Are the first 5 days my allowed sick days? Is there still a 2 week medical leave for fulltime? My mgr mentioned something on the phone about FMLA but she didn't elaborate. Thanks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You've been around long enough to know that you drag your ass to work and then claim that the injury occurred while you at your first stop of the day.

Of course, this may not work when all you deliver is envelopes. :)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hi guys, hope you can tell me what the rules are these days concerning sick days. I fell and hurt my back at home a week ago and was off all week. Are the first 5 days my allowed sick days? Is there still a 2 week medical leave for fulltime? My mgr mentioned something on the phone about FMLA but she didn't elaborate. Thanks.
Yes. The first 5 days are sick days. We only get 5 anymore. You will be sent a FMLA packet from your HCMP person and you need to call Aetna to set up your STD, that is, if you're full time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

They want you on FMLA so they don't have to pay you. They will make you use your sick days first.

vantexan

Yes. The first 5 days are sick days. We only get 5 anymore. You will be sent a FMLA packet from your HCMP person and you need to call Aetna to set up your STD, that is, if you're full time.
I'm fulltime, was hoping to be back on Monday but back still hurts. Doctor said pain should be completely gone in 2-3 weeks.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Of course, this may not work when all you deliver is envelopes. :)
Contrary to your worthless opinions, a$$wipe.

FedEx-Truck-Driving-Jobs.jpg

!Retired!

Bye bye sick days. Either FMLA or unpaid days if you're out any longer.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
If it was, you'd need a vehicle at least twice as big.
I have a p 1200 and I use a Bertha in the morning for the first run.

They bring out my package car after I empty the Bertha. Or box truck is what you might call them.

And they pretty much fill our trucks to the ceiling every day. Rarely do I see our trucks going out with much room.