Interview on Friday

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Apd, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Apd

Apd

Well I have an interview on Friday and I was wondering if I should bring my resume with me or not? Also any tips or anything I should know before going in? Interviewing for a part time package handler position. Thanks

2. Johnny Paycheck

Johnny Paycheck Speak softly and carry a big stick.

You can bring your resume, but it certainly won't be required. Dress decent. Overall it's a pretty simple process. Explanation of job, tour of facility, interview.

3. Ant12

Ant12 Member

Do what you want but I wouldn't even call it an interview. I got hired about 6 months ago and it's literally just them talking to you about having the job lol, at least that's what happened to me

4. Fedex Guy

Fedex Guy Active Member

Resume is not needed. All you need to do is show up and they'll likely offer you the job.

5. Apd

Apd

Great, thanks for the helpful replies. Would jeans and a polo be nice enough?

6. BrownDead

BrownDead New Member

Yes, that would be fine

7. If your over the age of 24 don't even go after the job.

8. Apd

Apd

I'm younger than 24 so I think I'll be alright. Thanks

9. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Wear a light blue tuxedo, with a ruffled shirt. You will knock them dead!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

And don't forget the retro goalie mask from the seventies.

11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Casual Friday

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Polo and khakis/nice jeans. Leave the resume at home.

13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Bring a mirror. Saves so much time to check breathing. Does it fog up? Good, you're hired!

14. redrooster

redrooster WOOF WOOF

Ask the interviewer if they have a grievance form.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

They run tours through our hub on a daily basis, every sort. They can't keep people down here in Texas. Maybe too hot, I don't know. 10, maybe 15 at a time. They don't sugarcoat it. The tours are given in the same time frame that you will be working. A lot of them go out the guardshack and never come back. A couple of years ago, they lowered the age requirements to increase the employee pool. A while back there was an increase if foot injuries in the hub. Management got tough and said if you don't wear proper work shoes or boots, we will send you home. Haha that worked real well. People went home, the sort suffered and stuff didn't make pull times. Center loads were late and drivers were late getting out of the buildings. rut roh. Never mind, just wear what you want. But definitely nobody barefoot! And we mean that too!

16. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

They do enforce the no work boots, go home in my building from what I've seen. One of these days I want to show up wearing my elmo slippers just so they can send me home...lol.

17. Apd

Apd

Well I had my interview this morning, and I think that it went well. It was for a different shift than what I had applied to which I think :censored2: some of the others off, but I was fine with it. Hopefully I'll hear back soon.

18. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

If they send you home that means they don't like you. I wear sneakers all the time and nothing ever was said to me by anyone except my annoying shop steward whom I ignored.

19. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Lol I'm not in preschool....I've never been sent home for forgetting my crayons...although somedays, I wouldn't mind. Good luck with your sneakers when you drop an overweight on your foot and file an accident report. They will be all over your "improper footwear" like white on rice..

20. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

Lol, I unload package cars, what is the probability of something falling onto my feet/foot?