Iran

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Negotiations won't successful.

How did England and France's negotiations with Germany in 1938 go?

Looked good to the peace niks in 1938.

By Sept. 1, 1939 all hell broke loose BECAUSE OF THOSE NEGOTIATIONS.

Because Hitler had no intention of EVER honoring that agreement.

But England and France did honor that agreement and were utterly unprepared for the German onslaught in 1939.

We are looking at the EXACTLY SAME CIRCUMSTANCES NOW.

And you hope they are successful?

Have you learned 1 damned thing from history?

In 1939, England and France did not possess any nuclear weapons.

Today, England and France have over 400 nuclear weapons between them.

Today, the United States has almost 2,000 nuclear weapons. And Israel has between 100 and 200 nuclear weapons.

That's a total of over 2500 nuclear weapons that could potentially be used against Iran....a nation that has NO nuclear weapons at all and that is months or even years away from being able to build one.

Please explain to me how a nation that is outnumbered 2500 to none in the nuclear weapons department has anything in common with Nazi Germany during WW2.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
In 1939, England and France did not possess any nuclear weapons.

Today, England and France have over 400 nuclear weapons between them.

Today, the United States has almost 2,000 nuclear weapons. And Israel has between 100 and 200 nuclear weapons.

That's a total of over 2500 nuclear weapons that could potentially be used against Iran....a nation that has NO nuclear weapons at all and that is months or even years away from being able to build one.

Please explain to me how a nation that is outnumbered 2500 to none in the nuclear weapons department has anything in common with Nazi Germany during WW2.
Because of one thing.

This is important, so read this very carefully.

THEY DON'T CARE.

You know what they do care about?

Wiping Israel off the map.

Like I keep saying, and some people still don't understand it, YOU DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH EVIL.

You kill it.

realbrown1

We also negotiated the SALT and START treaties with the Soviet Union. May have kept us out of a nuclear war that would have killed millions.
Almost always better to talk than go to war.
Have you not learned anything from history?
Do you know why we were able to negotiate with the Soviet Union and I know we shouldn't negotiate with Iran?

Because the Soviet Union wanted to survive.

They wanted to insure the continued survival no matter what.

They wanted it more than they wanted the US defeated.

You know what Iran wants.

They keep saying it, over and over and over.

They want Israel wiped off the map.

Why won't you believe them?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
France FM: U.S. Surrendered to Iran’s Last Minute Demands at Nuke Talks

The Iranian delegation threatened at the last minute to leave the talks entirely, which persuaded the American delegation to capitulate to the demands of the Ayatollah’s regime .
What started in September of 2013 as a chance to dismantle a vast swath of Iran’s nuclear program, turned into America making major concessions as the agreement was finalized, the Wall Street Journal explained.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Because of one thing.

This is important, so read this very carefully.

THEY DON'T CARE.

You know what they do care about?

Wiping Israel off the map.

Like I keep saying, and some people still don't understand it, YOU DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH EVIL.

You kill it.

Well if Fox News and the Republicans are correct, it sounds like you will be getting your wish fairly soon. Those evil Muslims will try to build a bomb, Israel will nuke them, and tens of millions of those evil Muslims will be dead. Will you thank Obama for helping make your dream come true?

realbrown1

Well if Fox News and the Republicans are correct, it sounds like you will be getting your wish fairly soon. Those evil Muslims will try to build a bomb, Israel will nuke them, and tens of millions of those evil Muslims will be dead. Will you thank Obama for helping make your dream come true?
Welcome to reality.

I don't see anyway to stop that scenario from happening.

Iran just can't be trusted to keep their word.

They will get the bomb.

After all, it's 1940's technology we are talking about.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Eh, I think the idea that that Israel will just nuke Iran to prevent them from building a bomb isn't realistic at all. That's Russia's backyard and I doubt Putin will sit idly by while Israel uses nuclear weapons on one their regional trading partners. Russia could flatten Israel with one strike and they would certainly make the Israelis aware of that if they haven't already. I do believe that Israel wants other countries to think that they would nuke Iran as a way to add urgency to the negotiations and get a tougher agreement, but in the end if the Iranians were to able to build a bomb Israel and the rest of the world will ultimately just live with it in the same way we live with N. Korea, Pakistan, India, etc.

moreluck

golden ticket member
162187_600.jpg

Sportello

Negotiations won't successful.

How did England and France's negotiations with Germany in 1938 go?

Looked good to the peace niks in 1938.

By Sept. 1, 1939 all hell broke loose BECAUSE OF THOSE NEGOTIATIONS.

Because Hitler had no intention of EVER honoring that agreement.

But England and France did honor that agreement and were utterly unprepared for the German onslaught in 1939.

We are looking at the EXACTLY SAME CIRCUMSTANCES NOW.

And you hope they are successful?

Have you learned 1 damned thing from history?

You sir, are delusional.

There is no comparison whatsoever.

realbrown1

Eh, I think the idea that that Israel will just nuke Iran to prevent them from building a bomb isn't realistic at all. That's Russia's backyard and I doubt Putin will sit idly by while Israel uses nuclear weapons on one their regional trading partners. Russia could flatten Israel with one strike and they would certainly make the Israelis aware of that if they haven't already. I do believe that Israel wants other countries to think that they would nuke Iran as a way to add urgency to the negotiations and get a tougher agreement, but in the end if the Iranians were to able to build a bomb Israel and the rest of the world will ultimately just live with it in the same way we live with N. Korea, Pakistan, India, etc.
You must have not been paying atttention.

Israel has enough nukes for Iran and Russia, with some to spare.

Russia knows this and will do nothing.

BrownArmy

Let Iran get the bomb and YES, someone will be nuked.

If (that's a big if) Iran got the bomb, they wouldn't be stupid enough to nuke Israel.

If they did, they would be wiped off the face of the earth.

I know you think that Iran is 'pure evil', which is very comic book of you, but whatever Iran might be, they're not stupid.

I'd be more worried about the India/Pakistan region in terms of nukes.

realbrown1

If (that's a big if) Iran got the bomb, they wouldn't be stupid enough to nuke Israel.

If they did, they would be wiped off the face of the earth.

I know you think that Iran is 'pure evil', which is very comic book of you, but whatever Iran might be, they're not stupid.

I'd be more worried about the India/Pakistan region in terms of nukes.
Nuclear bombs are 1940's technology.

About 20 of the 220 nations on the planet have them.

There is no IF Iran gets the bomb.

It's when.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So in your mind, the use of nuclear weapons in that region is inevitable?
It's like some weird fantasy where there's only one possible outcome, someone's gonna get bombed. It's the product of a Manichean worldview that thankfully most people don't buy into.

realbrown1

So in your mind, the use of nuclear weapons in that region is inevitable?
If we don't figure a way to stop Iran, then yes.

It is just a matter of time now.

Obama doesn't see Iran as any threat at all.

And that is why I am hoping Iran has a nuclear accident.

BrownArmy

Nuclear bombs are 1940's technology.

About 20 of the 220 nations on the planet have them.

There is no IF Iran gets the bomb.

It's when.

That's far, far from uncertain.

The framework for this new deal with Iran and the major six other countries involved would implement a more severe regimen of inspections than ever before.

However, even if Iran had a bomb RIGHT NOW, I sincerely doubt they would use it.

The utility in having a nuclear bomb isn't using it, it's having it.

Look at North Korea - they actually have some form of a bomb, and they could nuke Seoul tomorrow. Would they? No, because the rest of the world would 'salt their earth'...it would be game over.

You're mistaken if you think Iran would use a bomb, even if they had it.

You're also mistaken if you think Israel would nuke Iran...won't happen.