Iran

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
That's far, far from uncertain.

The framework for this new deal with Iran and the major six other countries involved would implement a more severe regimen of inspections than ever before.

However, even if Iran had a bomb RIGHT NOW, I sincerely doubt they would use it.

The utility in having a nuclear bomb isn't using it, it's having it.

Look at North Korea - they actually have some form of a bomb, and they could nuke Seoul tomorrow. Would they? No, because the rest of the world would 'salt their earth'...it would be game over.

You're mistaken if you think Iran would use a bomb, even if they had it.

You're also mistaken if you think Israel would nuke Iran...won't happen.
There is no framework.

There is no deal.

There won't be a deal unless Obama caves on every single issue.

And the difference between N. Korea and Iran are vast.

N. Korea wants to rule a unified Korea.

Not take over a nuked out parking lot.

realbrown1

Coming from you, my guess is I wouldn't be offended or the least bit surprised.
I'd also bet your plan to stop them would violate international law regarding preemptive war.
No it wouldn't.

Iran would be a parking lot and the world would be trying to figure out who did it.

And the beauty of this plan is whenever another country gets too big for it's britches, they would get an anonymous message that says REMEMBER WHAT'S HAPPENED TO IRAN.

Scare the hell out of them.

BrownArmy

Coming from you, my guess is I wouldn't be offended or the least bit surprised.
I'd also bet your plan to stop them would violate international law regarding preemptive war.

RB forgets that Iran is a sovereign nation, with ties to multiple other nations.

RB also forgets that Iran is a 'rational actor', and all it's declarations are 'bluster'...he embraces as truth the 'bluster' from the US and Israel, yet deeds the 'bluster' from Iran as proof-positive that they're about to nuke his house.

RB, school yourself on international politics - there are statements issued by the 'government' (meant for public consumption), and there are statements issued by the 'government' (meant for world-wide consumption).

There's a difference.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Iran is a major sponsor of terror groups throughout the Middle East .
Any nation that they have tick off might punish them dearly . Some may join with known enemies to accomplish that goal .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No it wouldn't.

Iran would be a parking lot and the world would be trying to figure out who did it.

And the beauty of this plan is whenever another country gets too big for it's britches, they would get an anonymous message that says REMEMBER WHAT'S HAPPENED TO IRAN.

So it wouldn't violate international law, because we wouldn't get caught?
That's an interesting rationalization.

realbrown1

So it wouldn't violate international law, because we wouldn't get caught?
That's an interesting rationalization.
I am not saying we do it.

We have many allies with nukes that could do it.

Make it look like an accident.

After all, they are playing with making nuclear weapons.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
No it wouldn't.

It would impossible to nuke the entire nation of Iran into a parking lot without the rest of the world immediately knowing where the missiles came from and who was responsible for the murder of tens or even hundreds of millions of innocent people. Of course...since they are all evil Muslims, I don't suppose that would bother you at all.

Overpaid Union Thug

This whole deal is a farce. I have a feeling that Israel will end up bombing Iran's nuke sites. Probably in conjunction with a cyber attack on the sites they can't bomb. I heard that Israel was about to pull the trigger on such a strike but Obama said no (sad they need his approval). They apparently needed to fly through airspace we control in order to be successful and SUPPOSEDLY we threatened to shoot their planes down if they went through with it. Do I know if that is true? Nope. Do I believe it's a possibility? Oh hell yeah. It actually makes sense. I mean Israel hasn't hesitated to bomb other sites before. Maybe they'll find another route for their planes.

soberups

I am not saying we do it.

We have many allies with nukes that could do it.

Make it look like an accident.

After all, they are playing with making nuclear weapons.

Nuclear weapons don't detonate by "accident."

They are highly complex devices that require a precisely timed implosion in order to achieve fission.

The crude, gun-type Uranium 235 fission weapon that we dropped on Hiroshima was only about 2% effective in terms of yield, and it consumed all the Uranium 235 that existed on earth at the time. Turning Iran into a "parking lot" would require a significant number of complicated, high yield implosion-type Plutonium 239 weapons, or else thermonuclear fusion weapons.

Nuclear "accidents" result in radiation leaks, or reactor meltdowns like the one at Chernobyl. They don't result in detonations.

realbrown1

Nuclear weapons don't detonate by "accident."

They are highly complex devices that require a precisely timed implosion in order to achieve fission.

The crude, gun-type Uranium 235 fission weapon that we dropped on Hiroshima was only about 2% effective in terms of yield, and it consumed all the Uranium 235 that existed on earth at the time. Turning Iran into a "parking lot" would require a significant number of complicated, high yield implosion-type Plutonium 239 weapons, or else thermonuclear fusion weapons.

Nuclear "accidents" result in radiation leaks, or reactor meltdowns like the one at Chernobyl. They don't result in detonations.
Accidents have happened in the past, and they will happen again.

There have been nuclear accidents before.

Just radioactive leakage, no explosions....yet.

soberups

This whole deal is a farce. I have a feeling that Israel will end up bombing Iran's nuke sites. Probably in conjunction with a cyber attack on the sites they can't bomb. I heard that Israel was about to pull the trigger on such a strike but Obama said no (sad they need his approval). They apparently needed to fly through airspace we control in order to be successful and SUPPOSEDLY we threatened to shoot their planes down if they went through with it. Do I know if that is true? Nope. Do I believe it's a possibility? Oh hell yeah. It actually makes sense. I mean Israel hasn't hesitated to bomb other sites before. Maybe they'll find another route for their planes.
Israeli aircraft and pilots are among the best on earth, but regardless of the route selected they do not have the range to strike targets deep in Iran without multiple mid-air refuelings that are far beyond the capacity of the handful of tanker aircraft that they possess. They also lack bunker-busting munitions of the type required to penetrate hardened underground targets such as the uranium enrichment facility at Natanz. Israel does have Popeye cruise missiles and Jericho medium-range ballistic missiles that can reach Iran, but these weapons have small payloads and cant penetrate hardened targets either...unless they are tipped with nuclear rather than conventional warheads. Destroying Irans nuclear program with conventional weapons can only be done by long-range stealth aircraft carrying bunker-buster bombs. The only nation on earth with those resources is the USA.

soberups

Accidents have happened in the past, and they will happen again.

There have been nuclear accidents before.

Just radioactive leakage, no explosions....yet.
You don't know what you are talking about.

A high-yield nuclear detonation cannot happen by accident. It would be like dumping a bunch of pistons and connecting rods and valves and a crankshaft into a loose pile on the floor and expecting a V-8 engine to build itself and start running "by accident."