Iran

bbsam

Staff member
I think people are missing the point that there were others involved at the table. Things were not going to "remain as they were".

Iran's nuclear weapons program is contained for the next 15 years. Yes, when sanctions begin to be lifted, Iran will begin to profit handsomely. And some say that will mean it will put those proceeds toward terrorism in the area. Maybe. But then again, Iran has a crippled economy to mend.

In the next 15 years, the Mideast nations need to do what they've dragged their feet on and improve their own security. Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Jordan all need to figure out their roles in this. They don't have to like each other, just have a common foe. An aggressive Iran can be that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Saudi Arabia jack up oil production as a financial way to hamstring Iran.

Iran may celebrate the deal, but they still have a tricky way forward both domestically and internationally.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What war are you talking about? There is no imminent threat of a war with Iran? Are you believing the crap your hero is feeding you??? What war??? The US race war? The "domestic terrorist" war??? The "RTW" war??? The war with ISIS??? What war has been prevented???

You act like Iran is our 51st state. We are an outsider attempting to tell them how to run their country. Are they a bad actor? Yes. Are they obligated to do what the rest of the world tells them to do? No. But if they choose to abide by the agreement, the threat is reduced. What don't you understand here?

Obama has negotiated probably the best deal possible under the circumstances. If they don't follow it, they get the crap kicked out of them. And do you really think Israel is going to wait around if they are actually working on a bomb?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
youth.jpg

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
You act like Iran is our 51st state. We are an outsider attempting to tell them how to run their country. Are they a bad actor? Yes. Are they obligated to do what the rest of the world tells them to do? No. But if they choose to abide by the agreement, the threat is reduced. What don't you understand here?

Obama has negotiated probably the best deal possible under the circumstances. If they don't follow it, they get the crap kicked out of them. And do you really think Israel is going to wait around if they are actually working on a bomb?

Typical liberal sidestep. Here's the question stated as simply as I can make it for ya'....Is Iran actively threatening the US or anyone with making or delivering a tactical or strategic nuke within the next 12 months? If so, I must be living in a cave because I have not seen the headlines stating that the world on the the verge of a nuclear war with Iran. Your hero is grandstanding because he has little to negative foreign diplomacy or knowledge. He was doing better bowing to everyone that playing with the grown ups!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Typical liberal sidestep. Here's the question stated as simply as I can make it for ya'....Is Iran actively threatening the US or anyone with making or delivering a tactical or strategic nuke within the next 12 months? If so, I must be living in a cave because I have not seen the headlines stating that the world on the the verge of a nuclear war with Iran. Your hero is grandstanding because he has little to negative foreign diplomacy or knowledge. He was doing better bowing to everyone that playing with the grown ups!
If that's your belief then I'm not sure why you have an issue with the negotiated deal?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yeah, but if we manage to take out their nukes, what threat are they to us?

You are so clueless when it comes to warfare its not even funny..

Let me help you out with your question...since you asked it...

1) first threat to us- another economic collapse of the USA.. Jobs will be lost, oil will skyrocket for years, the stock market would crash, home values would crash, companies would fold and another round of endless casualties of US troops around the world.

2) Endless conflict in the middle east- other middle east nations would retaliate against the USA and Israel for any attack on soverign Iran. Shipping lanes would close, oil would be stopped, oil producing countries would stop production and exportation and USA targets all across the middle east would come under attack.

3) Our reputation- once again, we would be the only nation to spread radiation upon the innocent civilians of a country with a bombing campaign that would expose nuclear cores and lethal radiation doses that couldnt be cleaned up.

These are the REAL threats to the USA.

You live in some fantasyland where airplanes fly around the world without being shot down, and somehow you think we could fly into Iran and bomb them without the latest in soviet technology shooting us down as soon as we crossed the border.

A person who believes in Rhetoric over Reality.

What do you think the Iranians would do or their allies after such an attack?? What makes you think for ONE SECOND that we could do this all in one bombing run??

It would take weeks to take out all the sites and after the first strike, IRAN and its partners would set up defenses and intercept missions after that. Our success rate would drop by almost 50% after the first planes or drones made the first strike.

By then, the world would then start crashing.

While IRAN poses us no military threat, they dont have to. We will inflict the damage upon ourselves if we cater to the wishes of Israel.

Israel is the problem, not the solution.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You are so clueless when it comes to warfare its not even funny..

Let me help you out with your question...since you asked it...

1) first threat to us- another economic collapse of the USA.. Jobs will be lost, oil will skyrocket for years, the stock market would crash, home values would crash, companies would fold and another round of endless casualties of US troops around the world.

2) Endless conflict in the middle east- other middle east nations would retaliate against the USA and Israel for any attack on soverign Iran. Shipping lanes would close, oil would be stopped, oil producing countries would stop production and exportation and USA targets all across the middle east would come under attack.

3) Our reputation- once again, we would be the only nation to spread radiation upon the innocent civilians of a country with a bombing campaign that would expose nuclear cores and lethal radiation doses that couldnt be cleaned up.

These are the REAL threats to the USA.

You live in some fantasyland where airplanes fly around the world without being shot down, and somehow you think we could fly into Iran and bomb them without the latest in soviet technology shooting us down as soon as we crossed the border.

A person who believes in Rhetoric over Reality.

What do you think the Iranians would do or their allies after such an attack?? What makes you think for ONE SECOND that we could do this all in one bombing run??

It would take weeks to take out all the sites and after the first strike, IRAN and its partners would set up defenses and intercept missions after that. Our success rate would drop by almost 50% after the first planes or drones made the first strike.

By then, the world would then start crashing.

While IRAN poses us no military threat, they dont have to. We will inflict the damage upon ourselves if we cater to the wishes of Israel.

Israel is the problem, not the solution.

TOS.
You are THE TROLL.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
If that's your belief then I'm not sure why you have an issue with the negotiated deal?
Maybe you've never learned that you shouldn't make deals with people who swear the will kill you?

But you've probably have been living in a liberal fantasyland.