Is Peak Season officially over?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I went in this morning and all the DIAD 4s were packed up. We were told we weren't using Helpers anymore. My dispatch was jacked up with 31 stops off another route and they started the harassment about telematics again. How is it everywhere else?

I pulled seniority and took my first Option Day.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I used my Helper all week and was clocking out at eight hours, a couple of times they paid me to walk out to my car. I might have an hour of OT this week.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We were told Helpers were done and over with,and that things were back to 'normal'. we have only been running a very few helpers this week and Monday I'l be filing my first excessive grievance for the year. I have 3 Eleven hour days ,a 10 hour day and today will be right at 9.5.

HomeDelivery

728, grievance for working 52.5 hours in a week? and you'll get paid extra for filing? nice... imagine if you work up to 70 hours a week, with no extra OT pay or other bennies... (yes, i'm on my way out of this hellhole)

as for the OP, i don't think it's over; did you read the following:

http://browncafe.com/community/threads/funny-story-i-guess.354399/

i didn't think it was funny, but points that other regions are still playing catch-up

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Peak season continues here, as a result of inclement weather that hit while we were still heavy. Many subdivisions still have not been plowed... but it could hit 50 here over the weekend after failing to get above 0 on Tuesday. Our Preload is starting at 1AM on Monday, so I assume heavy volume will continue into next week. I finished the week with the fourth most hours I've worked on Preload in the last ten years (the top three were last month), and third most hours (including helping) overall. Another sweet paycheck. But... even though it looks like peak, and the hours say it's peak... it doesn't feel like peak.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
43436.jpg
Hideous!

I went in this morning and all the DIAD 4s were packed up. We were told we weren't using Helpers anymore. My dispatch was jacked up with 31 stops off another route and they started the harassment about telematics again. How is it everywhere else?

I pulled seniority and took my first Option Day.
They're being nice still here. They still need to pass our rider.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Peak season continues here, as a result of inclement weather that hit while we were still heavy. Many subdivisions still have not been plowed... but it could hit 50 here over the weekend after failing to get above 0 on Tuesday. Our Preload is starting at 1AM on Monday, so I assume heavy volume will continue into next week. I finished the week with the fourth most hours I've worked on Preload in the last ten years (the top three were last month), and third most hours (including helping) overall. Another sweet paycheck. But... even though it looks like peak, and the hours say it's peak... it doesn't feel like peak.
Please tell me that is Photoshop:halfdead:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Remember boys and girls, if helpers are being used they aren't allowed to cut normal bid routes, if they are grieve it and get $$$$$. File it under seniority, I have seen these get paid personally.

Notretiredyet

We had people out past 10pm all week except Tuesday when it was -30 windchill and they called everyone in at 8 PM. Can't believe they didn't ask some of us to work today.