Is Peak Season officially over?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by scratch, Jan 10, 2014.

1. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I went in this morning and all the DIAD 4s were packed up. We were told we weren't using Helpers anymore. My dispatch was jacked up with 31 stops off another route and they started the harassment about telematics again. How is it everywhere else?

I pulled seniority and took my first Option Day.

2. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Still have our seasonal drivers planned till the 17th. No OT at all this week for me, and I'm good with that!

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I used my Helper all week and was clocking out at eight hours, a couple of times they paid me to walk out to my car. I might have an hour of OT this week.

4. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

We were told Helpers were done and over with,and that things were back to 'normal'. we have only been running a very few helpers this week and Monday I'l be filing my first excessive grievance for the year. I have 3 Eleven hour days ,a 10 hour day and today will be right at 9.5.

5. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

728, grievance for working 52.5 hours in a week? and you'll get paid extra for filing? nice... imagine if you work up to 70 hours a week, with no extra OT pay or other bennies... (yes, i'm on my way out of this hellhole)

as for the OP, i don't think it's over; did you read the following:

http://browncafe.com/community/threads/funny-story-i-guess.354399/

i didn't think it was funny, but points that other regions are still playing catch-up

6. 1080Driver

1080Driver Member

I had my helper Monday & Tuesday this week, but the work dropped way off starting Wednesday

7. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

Peak season continues here, as a result of inclement weather that hit while we were still heavy. Many subdivisions still have not been plowed... but it could hit 50 here over the weekend after failing to get above 0 on Tuesday. Our Preload is starting at 1AM on Monday, so I assume heavy volume will continue into next week. I finished the week with the fourth most hours I've worked on Preload in the last ten years (the top three were last month), and third most hours (including helping) overall. Another sweet paycheck. But... even though it looks like peak, and the hours say it's peak... it doesn't feel like peak.

8. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Hideous!

9. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

They're being nice still here. They still need to pass our rider.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

We are done with helpers, but TCDs were out today and I think they are scheduled for next week.

11. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

I'm replacing jump seat springs every day and Monday preload will be using an MDU in the shop again.:biting:

12. cachsux

cachsux Wah

You'd hit it.

13. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Please tell me that is Photoshop:halfdead:

14. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Give her credit for dressing to get some.

15. Mack Grant

Mack Grant Active Member

Same thing here. I'm actually back home already and it took me over 1/2 hour to drive.

16. justcrankn

justcrankn New Member

I'll have a helper all next week. I had him for 9 hours today.

17. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Remember boys and girls, if helpers are being used they aren't allowed to cut normal bid routes, if they are grieve it and get $$$$$. File it under seniority, I have seen these get paid personally.

18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

....even if the bid driver(s) affected are used as helpers at their regular pay rate....?

19. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Yes, as the bid driver should be running his route instead on the truck as a helper. They wouldn't pay a FT driver to be a helper here.

20. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

We had people out past 10pm all week except Tuesday when it was -30 windchill and they called everyone in at 8 PM. Can't believe they didn't ask some of us to work today.