Is the 70 hours in 8 days rule a new law?

sppollock

70/8 is mostly a Over The Road trucking hours of regulations. Because UPS is a interstate transportation company they can use the 70/8 for there DOT regulations, but with past practice I don't think the union and the company would get away with it for you package car drivers. We do use it here in the freight division.

MAKAVELI

70/8 is mostly a Over The Road trucking hours of regulations. Because UPS is a interstate transportation company they can use the 70/8 for there DOT regulations, but with past practice I don't think the union and the company would get away with it for you package car drivers. We do use it here in the freight division.
We use the 70/8 here at FedEx Express and Ground. I don't think it would be that difficult to implement at UPS.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They wouldn't have to ask the union.