Is ups freight going brown ???

Dieselhed

im a city driver out of RIA, and 2 weeks ago we got a new tractor . the tractor was all brown like the feeder trucks . the only differance is that it says ups freight below the shield on the door . another thing i was told by management that our gray shirts are being phased out very soon .

Good, get rid of everything related to Overnite. We are UPS Freight, we should look and act like it.

raceanoncr

ups freight drivers will top out at $26.15 very soon so your 1/3 less doesnt really add up . ALL OF OUR work is protected under the contracts . you cant move packages through a freight hub and the package hubs cant move freight . there two differant beasts . alot of people may think that you can but the answer is no .

You think so? Trust me, it's coming.

Yellow and Roadway thought the same thing. When merged, they were promised to keep separate companies. Now? Roadway pulling Yellow, Yellow pulling Roadway, the two companies are now YRC.

As has been said here already, many of our hubs ARE set up to break freight. It WILL happen.

dragracer66

They are already using freight trucks to pull parcel trailers. I was in Flagstaff AZ back in april and I stopped at a Pilot truckstop to fill up the rental car and I see a single axle freight tractor with sleeper on it pulling one of our ww pups. So i walk over to the set and its a 6 digit ww trailer with the srs legs (hydro legs with the rubber boots) on it. I started talking to the driver and he told me the rail yard gave it to him to take to LA with a freight trailer. He said the rail yard didn't have another freight trailer for them but they did have a parcel trailer going to the same city so they gave it to him. So if i saw that i wonder how often that happens. And now if they are painting freight tractors brown how can you tell the difference driving down the road. You know this company will try to get away anything they can to save a 1/3........ Think about it!!!!

Buckethead

Freight guys have come on property and SOME of them drive like they no idea what they are doing. I`ve seen some of our guys crash better.

This is exactly the same kind stuff Motor Cargo and Overnite employees used to say about eachother.

I dont see is as you looking down on us, its obvious you are at our level. Welcome.

Buckethead

You know, i hear a few of you guys throwing out this 1/3 thing. But theres a more interesting fraction, at least to me, and thats 1/2.

1/2 relates to the amount of my weekly pay currently, as opposed to what i was making 2-3 years ago.

When you type 1/3, i see 1/2.

Last edited:
I made $1800 last week as a "1/3 the cost freight driver" what did you make as a hard working package driver?? Lets see dig ditches or watch someone dig ditches for more money.....no brainer...

O

OldSnake63

its nice to see both small pk and freights input on this subject . seems like its the hotest ticket in town . i work out of the los angeles basin and delivered to ontario and grande vista as well as the satelite hubs like san bernardino, riverside, palm springs and victorville . i have been treated with "open arms" by all the small pk upsers . i was on the front lines of the organizing campaign for local 63 . in feb 09' i was elected shop steward .a title im very proud of .ive watched this all unfold before my own eyes . from the time time ups anounced it had sealed the deal for 1.25 b to the first day i put on the ups uniform . its been a snowball of change . no doubt im thankful for ups's intrest in overnite . my daughter was born 2 yrs ago a decision that was driven by the stability of our company . bottom line here is united we stand and divived we fall ...... nice to meet you !!!

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
its nice to see both small pk and freights input on this subject . seems like its the hotest ticket in town . i work out of the los angeles basin and delivered to ontario and grande vista as well as the satelite hubs like san bernardino, riverside, palm springs and victorville . i have been treated with "open arms" by all the small pk upsers . i was on the front lines of the organizing campaign for local 63 . in feb 09' i was elected shop steward .a title im very proud of .ive watched this all unfold before my own eyes . from the time time ups anounced it had sealed the deal for 1.25 b to the first day i put on the ups uniform . its been a snowball of change . no doubt im thankful for ups's intrest in overnite . my daughter was born 2 yrs ago a decision that was driven by the stability of our company . bottom line here is united we stand and divived we fall ...... nice to meet you !!!

We're a team brother. and 2 yr Belated congrates on having a daughter. My daughter is 9. Can't believe how time moves. Still young but it seemed like I was just watching her crawl around watching Elmo yesturday.

dragracer66

I made $1800 last week as a "1/3 the cost freight driver" what did you make as a hard working package driver?? Lets see dig ditches or watch someone dig ditches for more money.....no brainer...
Ill take my $1100 take home every week for, 47 hrs a week,working days and sleeping at home every night. Versus your 60 hrs plus to make that.....

ups3rUrs

My location, RIC, received our first all brown tractor Friday afternoon. Has any shop location received their Diesel Exhaust Fluid pump & the DEF fluid ?

247spies

Probably just trying to tie it all together as one abs not look like the colors of fed ex all over the place. On the photos on the property...you have to get permission to take photos, never trust the managers or give them a reason to terminate you...,

kstat69

Well guys its been obvious from the beginning that the original plan is to put us all together. Did you ever wonder why it was so easy to go union? Overnite tried for decades. Also our contracts end on the same day. Think about it. Leave it to big brown to revolutionize the industry yet one more time. We need to stand together not argue on who gets paid more or who drives better. Because when its all said and done, we're gonna be one!