It’s a rap

Indecisi0n

I been@ at ups for a Long time there were no cell phones when I started we had pagers I don’t know how much Time u have in back then there was a pay phone booth on every corner. What a pain in the ass u had to call the center every time they paged u
@rod tells us of stories about how they use to use Morse code to communicate before telephones .

Gixxer2003

86C654DC-8B0C-4D34-8CA8-2CA412F7FDCF.jpeg
I need to find one of these I’m gonna spend my free time restoring it beautiful car

Gixxer2003

F263CD47-2122-4AAB-B18E-9F698458F325.png
2D7F0C89-B556-43C4-9B70-439223F044D8.png
Anyone know of one of these for Sale? I wanna get my hands on one of these Gems from the Eighties someone has one or two sitting in their garage with 30 years of dust on it

Shiftless

It’s bittersweet I’m bored to death I wanna jump on the car with the guy in my neighborhood and be his helper

Bored? I always tell everyone new to retirement "Get Busy or Die" I can't even count the number of PKG drivers who just said "man I am taking it easy". Most of them are dead now! If you are into cars and two wheel stuff like you say? Get at it! You have an adjustment period to life when you first retire and everyone experience is different so just embrace your new found Love of Life!

I myself play with Cars and Motorcycles as some of my hobbies too. Take time to travel and enjoy the small stuff. Enjoy the Family more than ever with "NO STRESS" whatsoever is your new gig! Just get busy!

Gixxer2003

Bored? I always tell everyone new to retirement "Get Busy or Die" I can't even count the number of PKG drivers who just said "man I am taking it easy". Most of them are dead now! If you are into cars and two wheel stuff like you say? Get at it! You have an adjustment period to life when you first retire and everyone experience is different so just embrace your new found Love of Life!

I myself play with Cars and Motorcycles as some of my hobbies too. Take time to travel and enjoy the small stuff. Enjoy the Family more than ever with "NO STRESS" whatsoever is your new gig! Just get busy!
That’s a good idea I went from super busy to what am I gonna do now? I never thought about this when I was working

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I’m sure many drivers are faced with that O crap moment after they retire a guy in my center retired Friday and on Monday he was working for Pepsi co. Delivering Soda he cant sit still

In our pension fund we have to ask "permission" if we want to work after we retire. They do not want us working within our industry so I have no idea how your co-worker was approved to work for Pepsi as a delivery driver.

Gixxer2003

In our pension fund we have to ask "permission" if we want to work after we retire. They do not want us working within our industry so I have no idea how your co-worker was approved to work for Pepsi as a delivery driver.
I never knew that but it makes sense though Well the guy who I am referring to does not work for Pepsi co. Anymore maybe he found out that his pension would be Suspended if he continued to work there and quit. I don’t know... but today he is the Manager at a Meat Deli where they sell all sorts of beef,pork and chicken his stint at Pepsi didn’t last long too bad because Coca Cola and Pepsi delivery drivers make good $$$$. Add that to your pension cha Ching he did work there briefly I saw him there

rod

Retired 22 years
@rod tells us of stories about how they use to use Morse code to communicate before telephones .
There were times in the early years I was delivering in the dark out in the middle of no where that I would have killed to have access to Morse Code. (I learned it as a Boy Scout). Half the places I delivered to didn't even have a phone or if they did it was on an 8 party line and your chances of being able to use it were slim at best.

rod

Retired 22 years
I miss the Guys we were like high school teens I had a good Center I went to breakfast with a few retirees had a good time
We started a "retired guy" monthly breakfast here. At first about all that was discussed was UPS crap. Now UPS is very seldom brought up. Now its all about family stuff and aches and pains.

rod

Retired 22 years
That’s a good idea I went from super busy to what am I gonna do now? I never thought about this when I was working
I would recommend taking like a year off to play around before you even think of getting a side job. Learn how to relax and enjoy yourself. And most of all-get out of the house and away from Ma's nagging and honey-do lists. Them women will drive you nuts if you let them. :-)