Work injury

Maddy1211

Hurt my ankle… it’s super swollen and was told I HAD to go to a McBride clinic by a sup. Today my manager sent me to an urgent care, the dr said it’s sprained put me in a boot and said if your boss thinks it’s safe to deliver then you’re good. It’s throbbing. I call my steward he says let me know what your boss decides. What ?

nWo

We had a dude in our building that took 2-3 months of for a super mild ankle sprain. You could probably take a week or so. Feel free to go see your own doctor too.

Nah
Hurt my ankle… it’s super swollen and was told I HAD to go to a McBride clinic by a sup. Today my manager sent me to an urgent care, the dr said it’s sprained put me in a boot and said if your boss thinks it’s safe to deliver then you’re good. It’s throbbing. I call my steward he says let me know what your boss decides. What ?
Get a second opinion. You may have to pay for it yourself.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Keep goin back till you are 1 hunnit

Nah
No he will not, it’s a workman comp injury they accept liability by sending him to clinic
I've heard of situations where comp refused to pay for it because it was an unauthorized examiner and they were already seen once. And Teamcare certainly won't cover a comp injury. So yes, she might have to pay for it herself. Still a good idea though.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I've heard of situations where comp refused to pay for it because it was an unauthorized examiner and they were already seen once. And Teamcare certainly won't cover a comp injury. So yes, she might have to pay for it herself. Still a good idea though.
Yes exactly doctors are known to refuse service if you tell them its work related and you’re not authorized by your adjuster to go to that doctor

Johney

BobJ

rub some dirt on it

DOK

Happened to me was out a week, think it was a Friday before vaca. If it’s only sprained, not broken, you can work on it if you can take the pain. Actually thought it healed faster working on it rather than sitting around. First few days stay off of it though, ice it and keep it elevated.

Over70irregs

I Smell a tie…..