It's Vacation Bidding Time!!!

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Zachtt92, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Zachtt92

Zachtt92 New Member

It is that vacation time of the year! How is everyone doing on their bidding? Already took you vacations earlier??
    Need to bid mine really soon! I hear that they schedule your vacation for you if you don't bid???

Zach

2. muckduck

muckduck Member

It's been talked about a bit on a different thread in the FedEx section already. I'm guessing they pick for you if you don't. I would bid though.. we did ours a while back.

3. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Yes, they schedule them for you if you don't. Why leave that for them to do? Choose weeks YOU might want.

4. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

I'll give my 2 cents on bidding. This is from my perspective. I started at a large station. Most large stations have a lot of OG people been there a long time. If you are in a very large metro station I hope you like skiing. This is what I did. I didn't schedule back then at all. I bugged the scheduling manager all summer about cancellations. I always got summer vacations till I could bid my own. YMMV.

5. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

Bidding starts Monday. I handed mine in yesterday because I'm off this week. After the past 2 days, I need it. We had peak volume due to the snow (15000+ Thursday, 14000+yesterday, 8000-9000 is normal).

7. 59 Dano

59 Dano Well-Known Member

It's like that in small stations, too. There are a couple of markets in this area where they have increased the number of swings and decreased the number of full weeks available in the summer. On top of that, they are using option 4 in the bidding process -- these stations are top-heavy with couriers who get 5 weeks of vacation. They are ending up with a few people taking all the June and July weeks and most of the spring/fall breaks (to be with grandkids).

All of this right before the SFA, too. This is what happens when you don't take it. A few boycotters are going to take it this year and it's going to be brutal.

8. 59 Dano

59 Dano Well-Known Member

Schedule them for as late in the FY as you can. That way you get paid for all of it (plus any accrued time for the next year) when you quit.

9. fatboy33

fatboy33 Member

I let you know when we even get our vacation packets.