Management is trying to make our whole center rebid because they are saying the am shuttle driver is a part time job but has always been a ft position

I'm more confused than when @rod Can't remember where he parked his car at the grocery store.

So the route never brings ground packages? How would that be bid by a RPCD. It would be either a FT air drivers route or a 22.3s bid.

Did this old timer have an ADA or something?
I think I typed in the wrong area or something lol. But I was trying to say that the am shuttle driver route has always been a ft position taken by our highest seniority driver. Now they are trying to say it’s a pt position. Yes they just touch air packages ( drive to airport and bring back to our center )

Thebrownblob

I think I typed in the wrong area or something lol. But I was trying to say that the am shuttle driver route has always been a ft position taken by our highest seniority driver. Now they are trying to say it’s a pt position. Yes they just touch air packages ( drive to airport and bring back to our center )
It Has to remain full-time work. File the grievance and tell them to pound sand.

Thebrownblob

Article 40 section 9, they could bid it as a full-time 22.3 if they have them.
The company was trying to send part-time air drivers to the airport to pick up packages and shuttle to other buildings. Filed the grievance they can no longer do that shuttle work, they created two full-time 22.3 jobs to cover it, part-time air drivers can, of course do early a.m. deliveries just not the shuttle work.

It Has to remain full-time work. File the grievance and tell them to pound sand

Yes we do have them. That position usually helps deliver bulk stops, air that a rpcd isn’t gonna make on time, or anything else to get more hours when they get back from the airport. When I said they only touch air that’s true for the shuttle, but after they get back they usually do whatever’s needed. Just to clarify

542thruNthru

The company was trying to send part-time air drivers to the airport to pick up packages and shuttle to other buildings. File the grievance they can no longer do that they created two full-time 22.3 jobs to cover it
I see what you're saying but was this route bid to an RPCD before the article 40 language? I agree it needs to be grieved, just arguing the language

Thebrownblob

I see what you're saying but was this route bid to an RPCD before the article 40 language? I agree it needs to be grievanced, just arguing the language
Good question didn’t really think of that . I suppose it could’ve been an old timer who retired. Still would be filing on that

542thruNthru

Good question didn’t really think of that . I suppose it could’ve been an old timer who retired. Still would be filing on that
Itw obvious the company is trying to cut routes and charge it to some other shift. They definitely need to file. I'm sure they can show case plenty of time cards for years proving it should be an rpcd route. Plus I think there is an arbitration about this as well.

I see what you're saying but was this route bid to an RPCD before the article 40 language? I agree it needs to be grievanced, just arguing the language
As far as what bid sheet
so the position has always been filled with the highest senior driver that’s always been a RPCD. I do think they sign a separate bid list but not sure what it says about the title ( classification )

Thebrownblob

As far as what bid sheet

so the position has always been filled with the highest senior driver that’s always been a RPCD. I do think they sign a separate bid list but not sure what it says about the title ( classification )
Fight the good fight brother, don’t just accept what your Center Manager thinks. He’s most likely full of :censored2:.

Itw obvious the company is trying to cut routes and charge it to some other shift. They definitely need to file. I'm sure they can show case plenty of time cards for years proving it should be an rpcd route. Plus I think there is an arbitration about this as well.
That’s exactly what they’re trying to do and for sure they can. Man
Fight the good fight brother don’t just accept what your Center Manager thinks. He’s most likely full of :censored2:.
oh yeah it’s a clown show. None of them know jack 💩 about anything and they try to make up rules all the time it’s hilarious

Commercial Inside Release

FYI:
Ground drivers in smaller centers desire the AM Air shuttle, because it can knock 1-3 hours off their ground routes. That way the get done 1-3hours early, and never have to be on their ground routes for more than 9-10ish hours.

No doubt management is pissed this particular driver bid the shuttle, because now they have to rearrange a bunch of rural routes, and maybe bring in another driver (if pickups require it)