I've Been Working on the Railroad

STFXG

Direct actions at FedEx get you fired, and if I all of a sudden "came out" as MFE, what do you think would happen? .
I imagine all your fellow disgruntled coworkers standing with you and proclaiming "I am MFE!" in a show of support and unity.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
You've really been carrying Fred's water for him lately...good lackey. Now, it appears as though he's delaying raises until October, a move that will save him a full year. I guess he hopes nobody noticed. What do you think of someone who plays games like that? A "good businessman", or a chiseling rat bastard? I'll go with the latter. My guess is that you're admiring his tactics.
I think nothing of his tactics because they are what YOU and I and everybody else who's been around here for any amount of time have come to expect of Fred. I do wonder at your tactics which have brought about nothing. You cry about not having union protection, but so what? There are 250 drivers from local 804 who significantly put themselves outside union protection for a cause and THEY ARE STILL WORKING.

One day Fred may take away that one last raise, cut that one little perk, raise the ire of the couriers one smidge beyond what they will take...it does not seem this raise will be that occasion.

Keystone

look guys and gals, it's pretty simple...MFE disagrees with the way Fred handles his business but does not want to flaunt that in the station or hub....it's simple, that's illegal unless you are off the clock; and, as we all know with Fedex, the only time you are off the clock is when you are about to clock in, on lunch in your area away from your fellow couriers, or clocking out and trying to get home to what ever you look forward to when you clock out. All he or she, and the rest of us that work, or have worked there, is an honest hour's pay for an honest hour's work.

I think the mantra here is quit expecting more from the employees while giving them less....that's a pretty simple lesson to learn. If it were preschool and I gave you three cookies each day for a month for doing what was asked of you, and then, started giving you two cookies for putting up your toys for a month...you'd probably wait to see if the other shoe dropped....then when I only gave you one cookie for putting up all your toys, you'd stop putting up all your toys. It's really not rocket science, especially all the while I started with one cookie, then two and up to three while your cookie stack went south....

It's toddler common sense....give me what I want, and I will give you what you want. An honest day's pay for an honest day's work. That's not that hard, and I don't think any of those on here looking to better themselves and their families are asking for anything less than the American Dream....so with that said, let's all enjoy April Fool's Day and living in the greatest country on God's green earth and hope for the best but prepare for the worst....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think nothing of his tactics because they are what YOU and I and everybody else who's been around here for any amount of time have come to expect of Fred. I do wonder at your tactics which have brought about nothing. You cry about not having union protection, but so what? There are 250 drivers from local 804 who significantly put themselves outside union protection for a cause and THEY ARE STILL WORKING.

One day Fred may take away that one last raise, cut that one little perk, raise the ire of the couriers one smidge beyond what they will take...it does not seem this raise will be that occasion.

They already have a union. 250 drivers who did the same thing at FedEx might not be fired immediately, but they eventually would once FedEx had lined-up replacements. You don't know how this place works...I do. There would be an "investigation", which would last just long enough to re-staff the operation, then everyone would be fired.

bbsam

Staff member
You yourself have claimed Express can't keep themselves staffed. 250 permanently revolving positions at once/constantly? Well you stand more chance at change by putting that nightmare in place than your posts here.

P

prodriver

You yourself have claimed Express can't keep themselves staffed. 250 permanently revolving positions at once/constantly? Well you stand more chance at change by putting that nightmare in place than your posts here.

Talking the talk is one thing, walking the walk is another.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The RLA was revised in 1936 to cover airlines.

Great. Was there an equivalent to FedEx in 1936? No. Were the airlines of 1936 anything like they are today? No. Is the RLA applicable at-all to FedEx? NO. Are you an intelligent representative of the PR Dept? NO. Are you trying to confuse the issue and make it look like the RLA is legitimate? Yes.

And finally, is the RLA a loophole that Fred S exploits endlessly to prevent unionization, up to and including corporate blackmail (Boeing) and political corruption? YES!!!

bbsam

Staff member
They already have a union. 250 drivers who did the same thing at FedEx might not be fired immediately, but they eventually would once FedEx had lined-up replacements. You don't know how this place works...I do. There would be an "investigation", which would last just long enough to re-staff the operation, then everyone would be fired.
Another thing I've noticed is that you insist time and time again that I don't know how Express works but you are equally certain that you know all about Ground, it's structure, how drivers are paid, etc. Are you really that full of yourself?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
.....so with that said, let's all enjoy April Fool's Day and living in the greatest country on God's green earth and hope for the best but prepare for the worst....
There once was a time when I believed that - I truly did...and I believe at one time it actually was. But when I see the underhanded crap my government pulls (the same government I used to believe had my fellow countrymen's best interest at heart), with each and every day seeming like a never-ending twisted April First, I sadly no longer feel that way. To believe otherwise, I'd have to have my head buried in the same sand pile as the Kool-Aid-drinking FedEx rah-rah squad.

What nation is better?...I honestly do not know. But if this is currently the greatest country on earth, we are living on a very sick planet indeed.

Signed,
Disillusioned former flag-waving patriot.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Another thing I've noticed is that you insist time and time again that I don't know how Express works but you are equally certain that you know all about Ground, it's structure, how drivers are paid, etc. Are you really that full of yourself?

I guess I am. I've been around since RPS days, and Ground is RPS on steroids, an expanded version of the same scam. A perfect fit for Mr. Smith...and you.

P

prodriver

I guess I am. I've been around since RPS days, and Ground is RPS on steroids, an expanded version of the same scam. A perfect fit for Mr. Smith...and you.

Home Depot uses contractors to install appliances, Lowes uses them for flooring, Sears for hot water heaters etc. Thousands of truckers that are contractors for dedicated freight. Are all of these scams also? I've been around since RPS days also for what its worth.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Home Depot uses contractors to install appliances, Lowes uses them for flooring, Sears for hot water heaters etc. Thousands of truckers that are contractors for dedicated freight. Are all of these scams also? I've been around since RPS days also for what its worth.

Those folks are clearly contractors. You are clearly defacto employees....BIG difference.

P

prodriver

Those folks are clearly contractors. You are clearly defacto employees....BIG difference.

How are we employees and they are not? They pickup from same store/building and cover same area just as we do. A lot of their vans have sears or home depot on them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How are we employees and they are not? They pickup from same store/building and cover same area just as we do. A lot of their vans have sears or home depot on them.

All has to do with the degree of control exerted upon you by your employer, and by how many politicians your Chairman owns.

Slick silver

The funny thing is, is before express, before ground... I worked for lowes as a delivery driver for them. They are employees. Lowes actually wasn't bad to work for, just the job was to much on my back. The whole contractor thing is beginning to be like a norm for a lot of companies especially with health care and everything. I strongly think the government needs to do something with regards to this. This classification of who's a contractor and who's a employee

Sent using BrownCafe App

P

prodriver

All has to do with the degree of control exerted upon you by your employer, and by how many politicians your Chairman owns.

The control how so? If a contractor for home depot has complaints from install jobs they won't do business with said contractor. Sears etc all have "windows" to perform job duties just as we do.

P

prodriver

The funny thing is, is before express, before ground... I worked for lowes as a delivery driver for them. They are employees. Lowes actually wasn't bad to work for, just the job was to much on my back. The whole contractor thing is beginning to be like a norm for a lot of companies especially with health care and everything. I strongly think the government needs to do something with regards to this. This classification of who's a contractor and who's a employee

Sent using BrownCafe App

I'm pretty sure they still have employees doing some delivering, the floors are done by contractors at least some of them.