January...blah

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Kdiddy, Jan 1, 2016.

1. NonDeliverOtherMissed

NonDeliverOtherMissed Active Member

January-worst month to be a UPS driver? I'll agree. Still exhausted from peak, still doing 200 stops but with no helper, getting cold out(hate working with 3 layers of clothing), management starting their BS again(numbers, safety rides, yearly certifications etc.) Anyone else agree January SUCKS?!

2. Peppermint Patty

Peppermint Patty Cardboard Pusher

Agreed! Worst most tiring month of the year.

3. DOK

DOK Active Member

Hate the weather and cloths, but we use helpers all month here. Think spring....

4. NonDeliverOtherMissed

Just a heads up too- overheard my sup. saying Wednesday the 6th will probably be our heaviest non-peak day...knew I shoulda saved a sick day.

5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

A few of my Center's UPS Stores were shipping out 2-300 packages last Monday, more than before Christmas. I was told my golf cart route will be in next week, I still have my Helper.

7. Not that many stops, but other than that, you're speaking my language. Even before I started at Brown, I considered January the worst month of the year. It might be December now though due to peak. I love the $, but it's difficult to get excited for Christmas due to late start times, exhaustion, & missing evening meals. January seems to take forever to push through. February sometimes too, then usually some optimism, thawing, & new energy creep in as we head into March & more daylight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I was off last Monday and was told that my pickups were very heavy, with the UPS store right at 200. There were about 30 packages when I swept them for air yesterday.

I just have to get through this week and then I am off for a month.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

That's a Leo Buscaglia quote. One of my favorite guys.

10. Indecisi0n

Who do you think gave it to him?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. NonDeliverOtherMissed

Yep last Monday Staples on my route had 185...end of day- only 10 pieces. Rest were drop offs. Biggest pain in the @## was they keep everything at their processing center inside the store..no dock.

12. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

God.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You need to have them start scanning the drop offs.

14. Indecisi0n

I

15. NonDeliverOtherMissed

I'm sure they do, they get like wat 25 cents per drop off...still doesn't add it to their EOD...so between scanning and hand carting them through the store was there about 40 min. Good thing last Monday only had about 80 stops.

16. Browndriver5

Browndriver5 Active Member

Don't you have 7 more option days since it's a new year ? Just take one

17. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

"A bad day at a especially well paying job beats any good day of unemployment"... (Wally, BC 2016)

18. Indecisi0n

They already asked me if I want off Monday.

19. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

February is going to feel like it's a day longer this year.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Just like every holiday should be on a Friday or Monday so we can all have long weekends with no F'd up weird work day gaps, every month should be changed to 30 days! This 30 some months, 31 others & February's bizarreness is just blatant stupidity!