job abandonment?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Aztec1989, May 8, 2014.

1. Aztec1989

Aztec1989 New Member

Heres what happened.I am a sorter in smalls and i finished my whole bin but instead of being able to leave they ask us to go to secondary.I went and bagged a little but then I had to go to the bathroom BADLY. I went and told the part time sup and unfortunately I ended up needing a new change of clothes with only 20 until I had worked five hours I left the bathroom and headed towards the exit. I started to clock out and then noticed some one with less seniority then me walking down the hall but im not sure if he clocked out before I did or not.Can I be fired for job abandonment?or will I be given a warning?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Yes, you can be fired for job abandonment, but you will most likely receive a verbal warning.

3. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

I smell a troll.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Did you shart your pants?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

Change of clothes?!? Photo finish to the toilet and he lost. If I have to go to the bathroom, I don't ask. I tell them as I head that direction.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Gambling and lost!

8. Yes. I hope you saved your underwear. You show them those and the argument is over.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Can I have the underwear when your done with them?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

If they intent to fire you for job abandonment, they'll also ask you what happened. Be honest, if the :censored2: was real well even if they do try to fire you, as it works its way through grievance everyone will get a good laugh and remember times when they almost didn't make it and you'll get your job back.

11. Aztec1989

Aztec1989 New Member

Well, on the other hand they had three people waiting around and not even working so its not like they had no one else to finish bagging out.They just wouldn't assign them.On top of that the sort manager,my union steward and I have had a talk about how they constantly skip seniority. I was told by my sort manager that I did not have to go to secondary.

Sent using BrownCafe App

12. Aztec1989

Aztec1989 New Member

And that I could leave whenever I wanted. My union steward was present when she said it too.

Sent using BrownCafe App

13. Aztec1989

Aztec1989 New Member

Well that I could leave when I was done that is...but I get the feeling that this is not the case.

Sent using BrownCafe App

14. Aztec1989

Aztec1989 New Member

And yes I saved my underwear and yes I sharted.

Sent using BrownCafe App

15. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

What a crappy situation.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. Attach them to the grievance form?...lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Aztec1989

Aztec1989 New Member

So basically if I got fired then I could get my job back?

Sent using BrownCafe App

18. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Rule of thumb...you never punch out and go home without a sup's permission. But, given the extenuating circumstances, they'll probably just give you a warning, I can't see them firing you for it. A guy in my center no called/no showed the other day..his excuse was...the power went out in his house and he couldn't find his clothes...even he got off with just a warning...lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Lmao...with a stapler or tape?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I rally don't think it will go that far. Just tell your sort manager what happened with out getting all defensive about it. Verbal warning, "Okay, don't do it again".

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List