job abandonment?

Aztec1989

Heres what happened.I am a sorter in smalls and i finished my whole bin but instead of being able to leave they ask us to go to secondary.I went and bagged a little but then I had to go to the bathroom BADLY. I went and told the part time sup and unfortunately I ended up needing a new change of clothes with only 20 until I had worked five hours I left the bathroom and headed towards the exit. I started to clock out and then noticed some one with less seniority then me walking down the hall but im not sure if he clocked out before I did or not.Can I be fired for job abandonment?or will I be given a warning?

Indecisi0n

tumblr_mjmgtysBWx1r5cm64o1_400.gif

Heres what happened.I am a sorter in smalls and i finished my whole bin but instead of being able to leave they ask us to go to secondary.I went and bagged a little but then I had to go to the bathroom BADLY. I went and told the part time sup and unfortunately I ended up needing a new change of clothes with only 20 until I had worked five hours I left the bathroom and headed towards the exit. I started to clock out and then noticed some one with less seniority then me walking down the hall but im not sure if he clocked out before I did or not.Can I be fired for job abandonment?or will I be given a warning?

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/account/#ixzz316won8ST
Yes. I hope you saved your underwear. You show them those and the argument is over.

Nimnim

The Nim
If they intent to fire you for job abandonment, they'll also ask you what happened. Be honest, if the :censored2: was real well even if they do try to fire you, as it works its way through grievance everyone will get a good laugh and remember times when they almost didn't make it and you'll get your job back.

Aztec1989

Well, on the other hand they had three people waiting around and not even working so its not like they had no one else to finish bagging out.They just wouldn't assign them.On top of that the sort manager,my union steward and I have had a talk about how they constantly skip seniority. I was told by my sort manager that I did not have to go to secondary.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Well, on the other hand they had three people waiting around and not even working so its not like they had no one else to finish bagging out.They just wouldn't assign them.On top of that the sort manager,my union steward and I have had a talk about how they constantly skip seniority. I was told by my sort manager that I did not have to go to secondary.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Rule of thumb...you never punch out and go home without a sup's permission. But, given the extenuating circumstances, they'll probably just give you a warning, I can't see them firing you for it. A guy in my center no called/no showed the other day..his excuse was...the power went out in his house and he couldn't find his clothes...even he got off with just a warning...lol