Job description of cstc/csc

my country is an agent for UPS. i have asked my region [SG] to give me a manuel where the job description of CSTC are given but they did not come back with an answer. may be they were too busy or did not want to respond as they do not operate drectly and it is upto the local managment to decide.
can anyone provide me with the job descriptions of CSTC/ CSC so that i may have some guideline to go against management since i feel they are making us do things that is not our area i.e making revised invoice for shipments which are bering held at different destination countries, filing claims, etc...
pls advise

Raw

Raw Member
my country is an agent for UPS. i have asked my region [SG] to give me a manuel where the job description of CSTC are given but they did not come back with an answer. may be they were too busy or did not want to respond as they do not operate drectly and it is upto the local managment to decide.
can anyone provide me with the job descriptions of CSTC/ CSC so that i may have some guideline to go against management since i feel they are making us do things that is not our area i.e making revised invoice for shipments which are bering held at different destination countries, filing claims, etc...
pls advise
Dare I ask......what country are you in? :wink2:

Raw

Raw Member
i am Bangladesh. we are the largest exporters in the south east asia in the agent countries.
Lot`s of corruption in Bangladesh, more than in most counties. Good-luck!! [video=youtube;jZZ96J_PVbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZZ96J_PVbk[/video]

it is true but at least if i have some thing to go on i can show the management there are things which CS should do and thing that shouldn't. we get payed less the competitors but one thing is for sure the management wouldn't fire you. they would corner you so that you leave. and jobs here is very very hard to get if u don't have a strong reference.
anyway that's whole new area. could you give or know anyone that might help me?

Raw

Raw Member
it is true but at least if i have some thing to go on i can show the management there are things which CS should do and thing that shouldn't. we get payed less the competitors but one thing is for sure the management wouldn't fire you. they would corner you so that you leave. and jobs here is very very hard to get if u don't have a strong reference.
anyway that's whole new area. could you give or know anyone that might help me?
Give me some time to think. I think looking at your country you have bigger problems. Move to USA!

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
pls advise

Are you an outsourced phone center (much like our 800#)? Are you working as a customs broker for UPS international shipments? Need more info....

no we are not out sourced phone center. we are agent country and have to report to region {SG]
most recently we took over UPS SCS as of jan2010. UPS SCS were direct [JV country] they weren't doing well so region turned them over to us for operations.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
no we are not out sourced phone center. we are agent country and have to report to region {SG]
most recently we took over UPS SCS as of jan2010. UPS SCS were direct [JV country] they weren't doing well so region turned them over to us for operations.

So what is your job title and main duties?

rose tea
i don't have a fixed job description
receive pick up call, inquery call, provide basic clearence info, follow up shipments the next day it leaves from BD, send mails to destination countries for followup, provide feedback to customers, send mails to hubs incase of shortland, file for claims, get cursed out by customers etc..

705red
i don't get a chance to throw stones to shape them up but the thought did sometimes cross my mind

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
rose tea
i don't have a fixed job description
receive pick up call, inquery call, provide basic clearence info, follow up shipments the next day it leaves from BD, send mails to destination countries for followup, provide feedback to customers, send mails to hubs incase of shortland, file for claims, get cursed out by customers etc..

Sounds like the job of a CSTC rep (by the way, did that 25 yrs ago, before phone center was outsourced). No union contract to control what you should or not be doing. From what you posted, doesn't seem like you are performing any duties that are not unusual for a customer service phone rep. Even if you had a job description in writing (here we call it JBA), there will always be a line "additional duties - work as directed".
Do you have an HR (human resource) office you can contact to get a job description?

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
Sounds like you are performing sililar functions as they do in L-ville Kentucky.Anybody out there familiar with our brokerage /CSTC in Lville. I worked in the CSTC in No Calif in 1988 and it was a little different than--and now is outsouced to another company in Tampa and SLC--------------------sounds like they are creating the position in B-desh as it goes?

rose tea
i heard we used to have a manual (in 1988 when we were sub agent and were reporting to India) for every dept job description but then country manager tore the book and ever since no one don't know what exactly their job description is. since we do not have anything called union in our country you are correct by "additional duties- work as directed" but i want to get out of the box. i know in my country it's VERY DIFFICULT TO GET A JOB WITHOUT REFERENCE but i just want the management to know what our counterparts are doing NOW. as for HR i gave them a job description based on what i was doing they don't have any info. most recently my boss described my job as "providing solution for customer". we are now seeing that most european countries are requiring invoice with realistic values added version now is we are to provide revised invoice. didn't have much to argue as i didn't know what other countries CSTC/CSC were doing.

upsdawg
i am not aware that lville had a CSTC. the reason i say that is we send all mails to projectc and have no clue to where they are located. i have spoken with lville hub there are some EXCELLENT ppl there they had helped me in numerous case with issues beyond their job description[that is what i felt] and then there are some who only speaks what they see in the system. i want to attached the job description i made but don't know how to do it here.

SouthCal

Sounds more like what our 800# used to be like. Before we got the mainframe system and well before PCIS. Fortunately, for our friend in Bangladesh, She/he doesn't have to deal with bitchy OMSes like me, who believe that the 800# has nothing better to do than call me and annoy the hell out of me when I have a ton of other things to be doing. Unfortunately, it appears that because there isn't a breakdown for each individualised department (CSC, Preferred Group, Extra Preferred Group (the actual name escapes me) and a whole litany of other groups, that your job title is "Catch All". Which in short means that you do everything. Hopefully, there will be a change in that soon and you'll have a lighter work load to keep up with, and it sounds like you have a constant stream into your inbox. Good luck!

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
rose tea
i heard we used to have a manual (in 1988 when we were sub agent and were reporting to India) for every dept job description but then country manager tore the book and ever since no one don't know what exactly their job description is. since we do not have anything called union in our country you are correct by "additional duties- work as directed" but i want to get out of the box. i know in my country it's VERY DIFFICULT TO GET A JOB WITHOUT REFERENCE but i just want the management to know what our counterparts are doing NOW. as for HR i gave them a job description based on what i was doing they don't have any info. most recently my boss described my job as "providing solution for customer". we are now seeing that most european countries are requiring invoice with realistic values added version now is we are to provide revised invoice. didn't have much to argue as i didn't know what other countries CSTC/CSC were doing.

upsdawg
i am not aware that lville had a CSTC. the reason i say that is we send all mails to projectc and have no clue to where they are located. i have spoken with lville hub there are some EXCELLENT ppl there they had helped me in numerous case with issues beyond their job description[that is what i felt] and then there are some who only speaks what they see in the system. i want to attached the job description i made but don't know how to do it here.

What division of UPS do you work for - Supply Chain Solutions? These nasty customers who you deal with - what are they calling you about??

What division of UPS do you work for - Supply Chain Solutions? These nasty customers who you deal with - what are they calling you about??

iam with UPS SP. the customers are our PP clients who thinks they have bought us since they are using our service. actually DHL had spoiled them. they had provided the shippers here with so much service [provide invoice, country of origin, stamp/mutilate sample if required, pick up FC shipments without verifying with acct holder, provides printed awb 100-200pcs etc]
what i need to know what the out source call centers are doing as a job description of CSC.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
iam with UPS SP. the customers are our PP clients who thinks they have bought us since they are using our service. actually DHL had spoiled them. they had provided the shippers here with so much service [provide invoice, country of origin, stamp/mtutilate sample if required, pick up FC shipments without verifying with acct holder, provides printed awb 100-200pcs etc]
what i need to know what the out source call centers are doing as a job description of CSC.[/QUOTe

IMO you are doing exactly what a CSC rep should be doing - customer service related duties. That means servicing shippers and consignees over the telephone, with any requests you have the ability and authority to complete.
When you applied for this job, what was the description of the job you ultimately was hired for?
Do you have access to UPSERS.com where you can try to locate a corporate HR number. Or access UPS's web site and try to locate an HR
number?