Lawsuit

rod

Retired 22 years
No actually he said most management people are worthless, and in our district all ft management persons have to produce one producing sales lead a month. Granted its not 10,15, 20 whatever amount a driver may get but thats not their job, their job is to run the business: train, plan, follow up, etc. I could just as easily say the union protects worthless employees and lazy because they want to glide by on the bare minimum, but I dont because I know the majority of arent that way. No UPSer is more valuable then the next, without management no one would have jobs and without hourlies no one would have a job.

He was a little harsh in his wording. I have never heard of management being required to sign up one producing sales lead a month- Must be some regional thing. So how do you get your sales leads ?- phone?- stopping at businesses on the way home? word of mouth? How far up the management ladder are required to do this? :peaceful: Your pulling my leg -- aren't you:wink2:

drewed

Shankman
they havent done it this month but they did it the prior couple months, sometimes they were sent out in the middle of the day to get them on the way home whenever, everyone you see is a potential lead

drewed

Shankman
No actually he said most management people are worthless,

Can you pst a video in defense of his statement? I have 80 drivers in my center, 1 manager 3 on car sups fulltime, 1 pt on car sup and for what? 5 salaries to sit in the office when the building is empty and occasionally go on road to find us doing something wrong.

300 twilight employees and 70 pt sups to work this shift. 70 clip board holders?

Sounds like he hit it right on the head!

Red like I said, there wouldnt be a company if it wasnt for management people, and there wouldnt be a company if it wasnt for hourly workers.
Your first example sounds like a lack of managent we have half the drivers and only lack the pt sup. Our on roads spend the majority of the time on road.

Your other example sounds like a vastly over supervised sort. On my sort I have about 15 employees, so if you use that logic there should only be about 20 sups on that sort.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Drewed if we the drivers walked into work tomorrow and no one was there, (management) we would be able to load the package cars, go out and deliver the packages, do our everyday pickups and return back to the building and probably a little more efficent.

But now if management came into work and the drivers were not there, than what?

drewed

Shankman
who ordered the package cars, your uniforms, scheduled the feeders and flights, turned on the lights, created the advertisement and sign your checks?

705red

Browncafe Steward
who ordered the package cars,
We are driving package cars from the late 70s and early 80s, that sup is probably dead of natural causes by now.

your uniforms,
Have you seen these uniforms? That sup needs to be fired!

scheduled the feeders and flights,
Feeders never make the departure time any way, another waste of a management position, i will talk with the pilots union.

turned on the lights,
If i can drive a truck with 100s of thousands of dollars of cargo im pretty sure i can flip a switch.

created the advertisement and sign your checks?

Oh, mullet boy is the first one to go, but we will keep the check signer around the only worthy sup i have met.

drewed

Shankman
gotta love drivers that think they are Gods gift to UPS, never seems to surprise how asinine they can be.

Red I tried meeting you half way on this one and youve done nothing but be a clusterfukc of thoughts and reasoning.

rod

Retired 22 years
who ordered the package cars, your uniforms, scheduled the feeders and flights, turned on the lights, created the advertisement and sign your checks?

ordered pkg cars----the stuff we drove was crap
ordered uniforms-- from reading the Brown Cafe thats nothing to brag
about
scheduled the feeders and flights ----give you that one although most of
feeder routes run on the same
schedule night after night
turned on the lights----your not going to brag about that are you? Not
exactly rocket science
created adv-----------some ad agency comes up with that stuff
sign your checks----well that does justify keeping one of you:wink2:

drewed

Shankman
ordered pkg cars----the stuff we drove was crap-- and they are being replaced correct?
about--- thats not the issue, the issue is its not bargaining unit work
feeder routes run on the same--
schedule night after night- and 30-45 years ago it took UPS managment people to open up interstate routes and open new operations across the country
exactly rocket science-- it was meant of more paying the bills not physically turning the switch
created adv-----------some ad agency comes up with that stuff--- and some UPS managment person did research to find a advertiser then another one to approproate the money for it
sign your checks----well that does justify keeping one of you

Cut your losses and move on. At best, you may be able to sue them for a month's worth of pay. Good luck trying to get a court to award damages for your health. When you asked for your pay, what was the reason they gave for not paying? How much of the time they owe you is vacation time? You've probably now realized that you never received anything written regarding vacation policies. Emails to local HR also get the standard "look on UPSers.com".

They do this for a reason. This means they can claim any policy they want when a dispute comes up. Have you ever tried to parse the different UPSers.com pages regarding management vacation accrual?

When I quit (from management), they actually sent me a certified letter several months later claiming I owed them money for vacation days taken but not yet earned at the time of my resignation. I pointed out all of the Saturdays the building management was required to come in to do upgrades to software systems (DCS update, GTSS transition, never-ending UDC upgrades).

Be glad you got out now. Everyone in managment is miserable; most of them have too much invested to leave now. They're running out the clock until they can retire without losing the last 5 years' of MIP awards that UPS holds hostage. Notice that the Brown Cafe thread about managment buy-out has around 3500 page views? There are an awful lot of management lurkers on this board. They all want out.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream

My checks are routinely signed, not to mention usually wrong, by payroll in...The last place I heard of was Texas, I don't know who does it now.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Great silly circular arguement pusher here. Anyone else catch this one? TOo funny!

"Drewed if we the drivers walked into work tomorrow and no one was there, (management) we would be able to load the package cars, go out and deliver the packages, do our everyday pickups and return back to the building and probably a little more efficent.

But now if management came into work and the drivers were not there, than what?"

drewed

Shankman
Drivers would bitch and complain bc management got it done, either themselves or theyd get an outside contractor BIG BROWN ALWAYS ROLLS ON

705red

Browncafe Steward
Drivers would bitch and complain bc management got it done, either themselves or theyd get an outside contractor BIG BROWN ALWAYS ROLLS ON
Drewed, pull your panties out of a bunch and un wedge them from your crack. I was just having a little fun with, and by the way, theres not enough subcontractors out there to replave what we do day in and out.

I wanna play too. (since it isn't about the OP)
Drewed we saw how " Management got it done" in '97. Leaving the building with two people per car full of packages and returning with the same packages.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Whoever it was got paid way too much money. Petty administrative functions such as these can be handled by a clerk.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
ordered pkg cars----the stuff we drove was crap-- and they are being replaced correct? actually, automotive is a division of ups. your center team has no say as to what they get in and when. all they can do is request

about--- thats not the issue, the issue is its not bargaining unit work well then why are the drivers doing it. we either fill out the forms at work,or do it on line. oh yeah, i forgot, management has to figure out where they hid the forms. but that can be done by an oms

feeder routes run on the same--
schedule night after night- and 30-45 years ago it took UPS managment people to open up interstate routes and open new operations across the country and we are keeping those same ups managers around now to do what? besides, i heard al gore sr invented the interstate:wink2: at least that is what it says all over our interstate system in tennessee

exactly rocket science-- it was meant of more paying the bills not physically turning the switch this sounds like a job the oms is qualified to do. does not need a member of management making 75 grand a year

created adv-----------some ad agency comes up with that stuff--- and some UPS managment person did research to find a advertiser then another one to approproate the money for it with some of the adds i have seen, maybe these jokers need to be fired?

sign your checks----well that does justify keeping one of you since you did not respond to this one, i would assume you know the actual truth. a computer either signs the checks, or they are printed with the signature in place. and the payroll is subcontracted out to an outside company. probably owned by ups, but not actually ups employees.

as you can see by my responses in blue, there are some things that management is needed for. the issue is that the ratio of drivers and part time hourly to managment has increased dramatically over the last 25-30 years. and while they do provide a value to ups, i would suggest that many are very overrated when it comes to the actual value of work performed, and the check recieved at the end of the payperiod.

i am reminded of an old saying. idle hands and minds are the devils playground.

best

d