Lawsuit

some1else

Banned
they havent done it this month but they did it the prior couple months, sometimes they were sent out in the middle of the day to get them on the way home whenever, everyone you see is a potential lead
'

i have a theory how they do it. i turn in a sales lead. it gets "lost" the customer opens an account. who do you think gets credit? how many sales leads do you think ive put in since then?

pissedoffmanager

Just somewhat of a quick update to this thread....yes, I did sue, and within two days of providing evidence that other people including our PDS and Driver Sups were changing numbers, I was offered and took a nice settlement.... UPS is a great nationwide company, but as far as ethics go, at least in this part of the country, it fails, and I am sorry I ever took the job with them just after getting my MBA. I am much happier teaching college courses now, and frankly have better hours!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just somewhat of a quick update to this thread....yes, I did sue, and within two days of providing evidence that other people including our PDS and Driver Sups were changing numbers, I was offered and took a nice settlement.... UPS is a great nationwide company, but as far as ethics go, at least in this part of the country, it fails, and I am sorry I ever took the job with them just after getting my MBA. I am much happier teaching college courses now, and frankly have better hours!

Wow, that's impressive. I've never heard of anyone getting a teacher's certificate in less than 2 months.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen

Sniff.... Ick..... Anyone else smell that?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
hmmm...well then. Good luck teaching liberal policies to p/t upsers as a college professor. Apparently, your already adept at spreading crap around!

drewed

Shankman
Wow, that's impressive. I've never heard of anyone getting a teacher's certificate in less than 2 months.

A lot of community colleges dont require a teaching certificate hoke, even our public scholls dont require one if you want to be a sub teacher you just have to have BA

pissedoffmanager

You have no idea....you are making assumptions that show only how ignorant you are. I started at UPS 5 years ago, right after I finished and graduated with an MBA. I earned what you call my "Teachers Certificate" when I graduated, this is not something I just did on the spur of the moment after quitting UPS, I already had it, and kept it up to date by teaching the Saturday Business classes at the local college. Next time you speak up and make assumptions about something....be sure you are right.....because no where did I ever say or even hint that I just earned my right to teach.....assumptions get you into trouble, and frankly they show ignorance...applause to you for showing yours.

tieguy

Banned
You have no idea....you are making assumptions that show only how ignorant you are. I started at UPS 5 years ago, right after I finished and graduated with an MBA. I earned what you call my "Teachers Certificate" when I graduated, this is not something I just did on the spur of the moment after quitting UPS, I already had it, and kept it up to date by teaching the Saturday Business classes at the local college. Next time you speak up and make assumptions about something....be sure you are right.....because no where did I ever say or even hint that I just earned my right to teach.....assumptions get you into trouble, and frankly they show ignorance...applause to you for showing yours.

wow you got a nice 9 to 5 job teaching and a nice settlement and you're still PO'd. any chance we will see the video on U tube?

pissedoffmanager

wow you got a nice 9 to 5 job teaching and a nice settlement and you're still PO'd. any chance we will see the video on U tube?

I am not po'd at all at UPS...UPS did the right thing, and I even commend them for it. They owed me back pay, and wouldn't pay it until I filed a lawsuit, then they offered the settlement. I wanted nothing more than what was owed me, I cared about nothing else. As I said before UPS is a good company that was founded on great principles, and has some great people there, many of whom I am still friends with today. However, there is also somewhat of a dark side to the company that I experienced, and frankly that isn't right. No, I wouldn't go back to work for UPS as a manager, but yes I would as an hourly. As for your assumption that I am PO'd....yes I am at the fact that people on this board assume everything, and post their opinions based solely on those assumptions which are wrong most of the time. Tieguy, I hope everything is good up there in the northern part of the state if you are still there, last time I talked to you on the phone I think you were in the NJ or NY area, we were actually in a class together about 3 or 4 years ago.

dillweed

po'd manager - sorry you went through all this. Do be aware, however, that there is a dark side to most every organization. A-holes, liars and cheats exist everywhere; maybe even in the facility where you now teach.

I do agree that UPS can be a real hellhole and I've also seen management lie and pressure us unfairly to get their numbers.

Best of luck in your current position. Clear your mind of the bad experience and find peace within yourself.

pissedoffmanager

po'd manager - sorry you went through all this. Do be aware, however, that there is a dark side to most every organization. A-holes, liars and cheats exist everywhere; maybe even in the facility where you now teach.

I do agree that UPS can be a real hellhole and I've also seen management lie and pressure us unfairly to get their numbers.

Best of luck in your current position. Clear your mind of the bad experience and find peace within yourself.

I agree 100% my main argument was lack of pay that was owed to me. There are people who will stab you in the back at every job, it doesn't matter if it is a UPS job or not. What UPS did to me was wrong, but yet, I know that they are still a good company and take of others who happen to work in other areas. They actually gave me a good review on my reference, and actually I am still proud to say that I worked for them. What they did to me was wrong...still a great company made up of a great backbone of preloaders and drivers....yes. The management who seem to be so self absorbed in themselves is the main problem and eventually will run the company down.....why do you think the main reason people quit is lack of encouragement and lack of "pats on the back" for doing a good job? Every problem in the company points back to poor management, and that can be changed, providing you keep your wits about you and stand up to either a pt or ft supervisor....they have very little to no power, and can't do anything without a center or district managers approval............and by the time it gets there you have really screwed up..............do your job, and be thankful you have a job, and unless they screw you out of pay like they did me, dont complain and you will be fine. Managers come and go in this company, and there will always be PDS's who lie about numbers, and there will also be driver sup's who do the same. Always confirm your number via the GTS data that is posted, and if it is wrong let them know.....if they lie on those numbers the company does fall under guidelines for federal prosecution, and once threatened with that will always back down......just keep an eye out and do your job and you will be fine.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A lot of community colleges dont require a teaching certificate hoke, even our public scholls dont require one if you want to be a sub teacher you just have to have BA

My daughter has just begun teaching HS science in North Carolina and did not need her certificate, just her BS, but she does need to get her certificate and then her masters within a certain time period.

atatbl

My daughter has just begun teaching HS science in North Carolina and did not need her certificate, just her BS, but she does need to get her certificate and then her masters within a certain time period.

So....... I noticed you said something about a daughter.......... please provide pictures immediately as a source of verification. :happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So....... I noticed you said something about a daughter.......... please provide pictures immediately as a source of verification. :happy-very:

15840.jpg

12cube

I am sorry to hear about the games you experienced in management.

As said many times before "UPS is a great company. It is all the bad management that makes it a parcel factory"