Lets go Buckeyes

upschuck

I just checked the time of possession. Ohio State had it over 37 minutes with them having the ball 23 of 30 minutes in the second half. No wonder the Oregon defense looked tired.
The bad side of that kind of offense, hard to keep the ball to rest the defense, when things are not going right.

oldngray

nowhere special
The bad side of that kind of offense, hard to keep the ball to rest the defense, when things are not going right.

Plus Oregon relies on deception in its spread offense so has trouble in the red zone with lack of a real power game. They score very quick or not at all. That really hurt them on two or three drives.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Switching uniforms from ugly ass green to sleek grey cost the Ducks a championship. I know something about winning in ugly ass green.

oldngray

nowhere special
Switching uniforms from ugly ass green to sleek grey cost the Ducks a championship. I know something about winning in ugly ass green.

Packers should wear those really butt ugly (blue) retro uniforms.

USATSI_7504176-620x896.jpg

upschuck

ESPN Greeny thinks C Jones has a 50-50 chance of going to the NFL. Best three starts of a career ever, but not enough work, IMO.

oldngray

nowhere special
ESPN Greeny thinks C Jones has a 50-50 chance of going to the NFL. Best three starts of a career ever, but not enough work, IMO.

They are saying he might be a 3rd or 4th rounder. He definitely has potential but not quite ready yet. He has the potential to be the best OSU QB in the pros since Miller and Barrett are option and running college style QB's.

upschuck

They are saying he might be a 3rd or 4th rounder. He definitely has potential but not quite ready yet. He has the potential to be the best OSU QB in the pros since Miller and Barrett are option and running college style QB's.
Do you think any will transfer or go pro?

oldngray

nowhere special
If he lives up to his promise, Urban Meyer will get more than a ring for leading the Ohio State Buckeyes to a national championship -- his third as a coach.

Meyer's promise was written in ink.

"He promised us after we beat 'Bama in the locker room that if we won the next one, he'd get a tattoo," tight end Jeff Heuerman told USA Today Sports after the Buckeyes' 48-20 victory over Oregon in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game presented by AT&T

http://espn.go.com/college-football...meyer-ohio-state-buckeyes-promises-get-tattoo

upschuck

Urban Meyer has only been in coaching for 13 years. Seems longer than that. 3 National Champions, and 2 other undefeated seasons. That man is good.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You are a good sport. Sorry I got a little happy on here but you would understand if you came from the city of Cleveland. We are cursed. Anyway you have a great program there with the ducks.
You have every right to be happy and proud of your team. Ohio State deserved to win and deserves to be the champion. At least I can say that the Ducks got beat by the best!