Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by jdthompson, May 18, 2012.

1. jdthompson

jdthompson New Member

Does anyone have a bid part time letter box job ? If so how does the job work in your center,does full timers do the job or part timers ? Any input on what you did for your bid job will be deeply appreciated. Thank You .
  2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Not sure but I'm a FT driver with drop boxes and found some red lace panties in one yesterday, true story.
  3. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Sounds like you have a secret admirer. They were 4X weren't they?
  4. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Didn't check the size, took my pen out and carefully removed them, then placed to the side of the box.
  5. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Would you pay a dime to see this?

Here in NJ you have to have a Hazardous Materials Technician cert. to clean up those kinds of things!
  6. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Would you pay a dime to see this?

I'm a FT driver myself, but we're all pretty cool with the PM air drivers in our center. Most days they arrive at around 5:00, get their PCM, and take off. Most are back in the building by 8:00-8:30. I do believe the one guy who has the heaviest pickups actually goes straight to the airport, which would mean he doesn't make it back to the building until about 9:30.

I love when our air drivers go on vacation. They ask the FT drivers on the air drivers area if anyone is interested in the overtime before they seek alternative means. I always take it. Nothing beats 3+ hours of driving in circles and picking up 2 and 3 envelopes at a time out of LBX's at a clip of $46 an hour.
  7. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

x2. I used to have the air route pickups in my DIAD after my regular pickups "just in case"!
  8. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

I covered a pm route for two months 25 drop box stops, 3 customer stops, and a few on-call air stops usually 30-33 stops total. Was at the airport by 10 pm and back at the building by 10:45pm
  9. Ghost in the Darkness

Ghost in the Darkness Active Member

Shoulda dropped them in the FDX box next to yours, prbly would have made their day.
  10. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Tell me you at least smelled the pen.
  11. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Negative ghost rider
  12. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

thats some funky freshness right there. If it happens again I'll take pics for proper identification.
  13. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

The FedEx box is where anything that doesn't belong in my box goes.
  14. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

Smelled like butterscotch.

BSWALKS Easily Amused

In my center, they are combo jobs, bid by drivers that are a couple years away from retiring. 3-4 hours driving, then 4-5 hours working inside. I'm an air exception driver, cover air routes when the regular drivers are on vacation, sick, etc. Depending on the route, 10-30 letter boxes, 5-10 business pick ups & maybe 2-4 on calls. Occasionally they may have a delivery, & get to deliver on Saturdays.
  16. edd_tv

edd_tv Cardboard picker upper

ours used to be covered by article 22 guys, then they did away with those, so the 8 letter boxes were split onto 2 routes. so now those routes are almost guaranteed over 9.5 errday