Levittown Man Sues UPS For Discrimination

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Studies show that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

There are 3 kinds of people; those who can do math, and those who cant.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The story says his managers last name is Zmigrodski. I have never understood why the Polish people hate vowels so much. I get a headache just reading the name.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
The story says his local is 295.Here in New York we are 804.Is there a 295 in NY that I am not aware of? Anyone?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tough situation. But I believe that UPS will win in the long run. I would suspect that while the emotional bent of the story makes one lean to the driver, when the truth is out, he violated the last chance agreement that the union and company agreed to.

And that is why he is seeking help from a lawyer instead of filing with the union.

I bet he wished he had made those calls.......

d

M

Mike23

I can see UPS doing this. It looks like (to me) what happened is that UPS said, 'you have to go to anger management' the guy agreed but then hit this rough part of life with cancer. UPS says, 'That's not our problem, that's a personal issue and we don't need to accommodate for it.'

It's the exact same issue as I had when I hit rock bottom with depression (minus the being fired part). UPS just abandons you if they see you as the least bit of a liability or unable to give your 100% typical slave like work patterns. Unfortunately he'll lose the case with our suits :(

705red

Browncafe Steward
This is why i hate last chance agreements. They do not cover just the case it was giving in, they tend to cover all and everything. You could be on one for attendance and instead of being progressively disciplined for missing a pick up or having a late air your done!