Levittown Man Sues UPS For Discrimination

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Dfigtree, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Dfigtree

Dfigtree New Member

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

16, 37% of which are frivolous.
  3. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

4. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

5. but you know 63% of all statistics are made up on the spot....including this one right here :wink2:
  6. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Yes, but 37% of those made up on the spot are correct 42% of the time.
  7. I thought it was 47%.....I must be slipping
  8. jason67rs

jason67rs New Member

zero point zero.
  9. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Studies show that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

There are 3 kinds of people; those who can do math, and those who cant.
  10. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

There are 10 types of people ... those that are binary and those that are not.

Stole that from someone on BC.
  11. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

The story says his managers last name is Zmigrodski. I have never understood why the Polish people hate vowels so much. I get a headache just reading the name.
  12. looper804

looper804 Is it time to go home yet

The story says his local is 295.Here in New York we are 804.Is there a 295 in NY that I am not aware of? Anyone?
  13. looper804

looper804 Is it time to go home yet

I recognize some of the officials on the 295 web site.I believe they are representing DHL workers.
  14. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

Tough situation. But I believe that UPS will win in the long run. I would suspect that while the emotional bent of the story makes one lean to the driver, when the truth is out, he violated the last chance agreement that the union and company agreed to.

And that is why he is seeking help from a lawyer instead of filing with the union.

I bet he wished he had made those calls.......

15. Dfigtree

Dfigtree New Member

Hoax ... did you know that the guy who invented Boolean binary arithmetic had one finger on each hand?
  16. Mike23

Mike23 Guest

I can see UPS doing this. It looks like (to me) what happened is that UPS said, 'you have to go to anger management' the guy agreed but then hit this rough part of life with cancer. UPS says, 'That's not our problem, that's a personal issue and we don't need to accommodate for it.'

It's the exact same issue as I had when I hit rock bottom with depression (minus the being fired part). UPS just abandons you if they see you as the least bit of a liability or unable to give your 100% typical slave like work patterns. Unfortunately he'll lose the case with our suits :(
  17. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

This is why i hate last chance agreements. They do not cover just the case it was giving in, they tend to cover all and everything. You could be on one for attendance and instead of being progressively disciplined for missing a pick up or having a late air your done!
  18. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Did you know that the guy who invented hexadecimal had 7 fingers on each hand?
  19. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

At least one.
  20. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

wat :dissapointed::whiteflag: