Lifer Hip Surgery YIKES!

UPS Lifer

Hello All,

For those that don't know, I am going in for a total hip replacement on Tuesday June 8th. I leave today for Flagstaff.
This is my cyber family. Through all the posts and flames... we are still a family. I am very glad to be part of this wonderful extended family of mostly UPS (former as well as present & retired) people. It was always the people that kept me going during my 36 year career. This site is great therapy for me and I am sure it is for others as well.

I wanted to let you know. I have a website that I finally got going again and will post updates there.

For those of you who know me from Facebook - I will post short updates there. I want to journal my experience for those who will have to go through this in the future.

My updates can be found at http://sperryr.com.

As for the title of this thread... I am actually looking forward to a new me or old me depending how you look at it!!

No posts does not mean that I am having problems ... I just may not have time during my recovery...

moreluck

golden ticket member
Best of luck with your surgery. Remember to push the button whenever it hurts.....La La medicine! Hope it's a quick re-hab too. Just do what they tell you to do. Be a good patient. I'll be thinking of you.....moreluck

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Here goes the thread! Lifer, I hope you went for a second opinion. I don't know how old you are and any mitigating factors, but artificial hips don't last that long. I'm just looking out for you, the old and/or new. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a pain free existance. You've been added to our ever increasing prayer list.:peaceful:

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Oh how I hate to hear about anyone having to go thru a major surgery like that. I sincerely hope you come thru it easily and speedy, Best wishes to ya Lifer!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hey All, just got a call from Lifer. He wanted everyone to know that the surgery went really well.:happy-very: He went in at 7:30 this morning. No pain meds as of yet but he said he hit the button once just to see. LOL He is in bed the rest of the day today but starting tomorrow morning he has therapy 3 times a day for 2 hours each time. He should be home by friday afternoon. His wife is his therapy coach and if I know her she will make him tow the line.:surprised: LOL No driving for him for probably 4 - 6 weeks. He's anxious to get back to BC but doesn't think he will be able to for a few days. He'll keep me posted and I will post updates as I get them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thanks for the update. That's really good news. Lots of hard work ahead, but it will lead to a more pain free life.

over9five

Staff member
Hey All, just got a call from Lifer. He wanted everyone to know that the surgery went really well.:happy-very: He went in at 7:30 this morning. No pain meds as of yet but he said he hit the button once just to see. LOL He is in bed the rest of the day today but starting tomorrow morning he has therapy 3 times a day for 2 hours each time. He should be home by friday afternoon. His wife is his therapy coach and if I know her she will make him tow the line.:surprised: LOL No driving for him for probably 4 - 6 weeks. He's anxious to get back to BC but doesn't think he will be able to for a few days. He'll keep me posted and I will post updates as I get them.

That sounds good. Haven't heard from my Mom yet, but hers was in the afternoon.