Loading by hin number.

mixyo

Dispatcher
Most of the drivers in my center don't care if they're in perfect order, as long as an 8260 is on the 8000 shelf, a 3740 on the 3000 shelf, etc....

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Most of the drivers in my center don't care if they're in perfect order, as long as an 8260 is on the 8000 shelf, a 3740 on the 3000 shelf, etc....

Sent using BrownCafe App
Riiiight. And I don't care if my paycheck is accurate either....$480...$450...eh, close enough. It's not that they don't care....it's that they're smart enough not to set their expectations too high.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Sent using BrownCafe App
Riiiight. And I don't care if my paycheck is accurate either....$480...$450...eh, close enough. It's not that they don't care....it's that they're smart enough not to set their expectations too high.

To be honest, with the quality of loaders (not the old-timers) we had in my old center, we were lucky to have the box on the right shelf. Hell, even the right side was good!:angry-very:

blackcircle

If you have multiple boxes with the same HIN and one or two are too big load the small ones in HIN order, drop the big ones to the floor, and mark the ones on the shelf with a down arrow. Mark the top and/or side of the floor one(s) with the HIN number if the label isn't visible. This is assuming you using a marker instead of ripping labels.

I can't even get my loader to load hazmats on the floor, he thinks I'm crazy and started loading orm-d's to the floor and keeps putting hazmats on the shelf and only pulling papers roughly 50% of the time. I've tried explaining multiple times but I just check the entire truck before leaving now.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If you have multiple boxes with the same HIN and one or two are too big load the small ones in HIN order, drop the big ones to the floor, and mark the ones on the shelf with a down arrow. Mark the top and/or side of the floor one(s) with the HIN number if the label isn't visible. This is assuming you using a marker instead of ripping labels.

I can't even get my loader to load hazmats on the floor, he thinks I'm crazy and started loading orm-d's to the floor and keeps putting hazmats on the shelf and only pulling papers roughly 50% of the time. I've tried explaining multiple times but I just check the entire truck before leaving now.
Management prevent that problem in my building by not allowing loaders to load hazmats. I have never loaded a hazmat in a PC....ever lol.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yeah big stuff on the floor and dont ever put something on a shelf where it doesnt go unless you tell the driver. I wanted to strangle a part time sup who was telling new preloaders to "fill in the holes"

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yeah big stuff on the floor and dont ever put something on a shelf where it doesnt go unless you tell the driver. I wanted to strangle a part time sup who was telling new preloaders to "fill in the holes"

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app
My favorite is the PT sup who tells them...just jam the bulk in....and let the drivers deal with it. Yeah I'll get right on that. I don't waltz into the office, slap the DM's **** out of your mouth n tell you how to do your job, do I?? lol

MattE

I work in what I would guess is a smaller center. So I know most of the drivers. It's best to ask them and get a feel for how they like things. The pickiest of my drivers really isn't bad. He is most concerned I've for the 1000's in order. He also has a mall he delivers to that all goes to rdr or rdl. However the same store can be labeled to both sides on the same day. So I have to read the labels and put them on the correct side. But overall if I can keep them mostly straight they're all happy.

But putting anything over 40 lbs on the shelf here is frowned upon. And they're even pickier about hazmats being loaded correctly.

And fwiw I've been preloading for about a year and a half and can work any position. At first it can seem overwhelming but after a while you get the hang of it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

I bet you would like the job a lot better if you were paid $.50 less an hour then your driver. Even if you only worked 20 hours a week. That is what the starting pay was when I started.