Twilight loaders not getting 3.5

I've been at ups since the end of 2022. Currently working part-time twilight load and have been since January. Since the new contract was ratified, we have been told we need to call into the center Tuesday-thursday to see if we can come in or not. How's does the work when it comes to the 3.5 hr guarantee? Yes, I have a full-time job but this part-time income definitely helps, plus I am supposed to be eligible for benefits soon. And yes, I put name down on every driver bid sheet available to become full time.

Edit to add: we have all talked to our steward and she's looking into it. We have been told it's because senority drivers need their guaranteed hours. Apparently it has "slowed down". once we got our pay raise....

Nah
I've been at ups since the end of 2022. Currently working part-time twilight load and have been since January. Since the new contract was ratified, we have been told we need to call into the center Tuesday-thursday to see if we can come in or not. How's does the work when it comes to the 3.5 hr guarantee? Yes, I have a full-time job but this part-time income definitely helps, plus I am supposed to be eligible for benefits soon. And yes, I put name down on every driver bid sheet available to become full time.
I'm sure your contract doesn't say anything about calling in to find out if you're working. If you're scheduled go in and demand your 3.5.

I'm sure your contract doesn't say anything about calling in to find out if you're working. If you're scheduled go in and demand your 3.5.
I was originally scheduled mon-fri, which has been my schedule since I started there. some of the other guys are tues-sat. Now they have taken everyone off from tues-thurs and said we need to call. Apparently nobody is actually scheduled anymore tues-thurs. I just don't understand wtfriend they're doing. So if we're not technically on the schedule, can we still demand our 3.5?

I was originally scheduled mon-fri, which has been my schedule since I started there. some of the other guys are tues-sat. Now they have taken everyone off from tues-thurs and said we need to call. Apparently nobody is actually scheduled anymore tues-thurs. I just don't understand wtfriend they're doing. So if we're not technically on the schedule, can we still demand our 3.5?
Well you don't have any seniority so when things get slow you can be on call

Nah
Well you don't have any seniority so when things get slow you can be on call
I'd argue they can only do that if the supplement allows for it.

They tried to do that to me when I first transferred back in 19. I pushed back at them and told them "on call" isn't in the contract, and they need to either put me on the schedule with a start time, or as a lay off. In writing, the Friday of the preceding week. No exceptions.

I'd argue they can only do that if the supplement allows for it.

They tried to do that to me when I first transferred back in 19. I pushed back at them and told them "on call" isn't in the contract, and they need to either put me on the schedule with a start time, or as a lay off. In writing, the Friday of the preceding week. No exceptions.
Every supplement is different