Local 251

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
I've been thinking and i apologize to you both. I was wrong and you were right.

The union ALWAYS puts the needs of its members first, above the financial needs of its leadership both local and national. What was I thinking, how naive of me.

You must be rich off all your grievances by now, even more rich than all that OT you've earned over the years. Good for you.
No need to apologize Joe. Your speaking to the best of your ability with the knowledge you have so far, unfortunately your depth of knowledge is simply waaaaaay to shallow. Your sarcasm is pretty thick but it's just comical because as Wide Load so eloquently put it, " they'll chew you up and spit you out. Work hard, work safe, work with integrity but be ready for the heat. It will find you sooner or later no matter how great of an employee you think you are.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
Ah, that's right... two peaks in and I have no idea what I'm talking about. Silly me. I still have the ability to think for myself and haven't been brainwashed yet... yes, that must be it.
Your backward Joe, the brainwashing comes early... Maybe 16 months in or so, the enlightenment comes later. Don't fret though, EVERYONE gets enlightened.

JoeSchmoe

Your backward Joe, the brainwashing comes early... Maybe 16 months in or so, the enlightenment comes later. Don't fret though, EVERYONE gets enlightened.
Perhaps standtall, you just have an overinflated ego who just likes to think you know everything and doesn't realize that some people, regardless of how "green" you may think they may be, are actually quite intelligent & perceptive and can figure things out quite quickly on their own.

JoeSchmoe

Sounds like your "enlightenment" has been you getting bent over by mgmt year after year and either taking it and/or enjoying it. Otherwise, you wouldn't have stayed as long as however long as you have been here.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
This was a post on the Facebook site.

"John Smith
The UPS Rally for Respect.

Seriously? How about we have a Rally for the truth. The truth about what this rally is really all about, because it certainly isn’t about the membership. This sideshow the BA is putting on down there has as much to do with respect for ups members as the moon has to do with my sunburn. I caution you all, this rally you may be foolish enough to attend and support tomorrow has nothing to do with ups members and everything to do with the buffoon of a Business Agent that’s running it. It is he who is pleading for respect, respect he doesn’t get because he doesn’t earn or deserve it. The man is a 2 bit punk and a chronic liar. A lot of talk and very little action. Ask any ups driver who had the misfortune of working alongside this clown to give one word that best describes him. They’ll all say “liar”
You see folks, what you may not know about our little “Pit Bull” as he likes to refer to himself, is that his circus antics down at UPS have gotten him banned from the property. (Sound familiar? Our hero is also banned from the projo and RIH) A BA that can’t go to the barn. Good Job! A legal no trespassing order has been filed with the Warwick Police Dept. If you want to know what this rally is really all about, contact the Warwick PD and ask for a copy of the incident report #15-2600-0F. Its public record, they’ll give you a copy if you’d like one. And while the few friends and supporters he has left down there are walking around with their hind feathers up, claiming he’s been thrown out for such reasons as “he’s really tough on them that’s why they don’t want him around” and “ they want him out cause he’s a bad ass”, the truth is not quite as pretty. Report #15-2600-OF tells a tale of at least 8 incidents of verbally abusing and/or threatening supervisors and managers with physical harm. Some even including offensive comments sexual in nature about people’s mothers. A little Ironic don’t you think? Him asking you to attend a “Rally for Respect”? Sounds to me like he doesn’t know the definition of the word. The report also shed light on at least two times that management and their security personnel contacted the BA’s boss, you know…the other one, requesting some assistance with his subordinate’s bad behavior. But, to no avail our little pit bull was given just enough leash to hang himself with.
And so my friends, before you go down for your morning cup of respect tomorrow ask yourself this. “does this man deserve my support after not having the decency to tell me why he really wanted me and the other members down there”? I think not.
p.s. Is our dues money paying for this?"

wide load

Then there is an update.

"John Smith
THIS JUST IN……….
Sec/Tres of Local 251 MT and UPS BA MM of local 251
Strike a deal in late night meeting Thursday……….
Last night in a meeting with UPS management an agreement was made BA MM would serve a 2 week suspension from UPS, and upon his return must behave himself and act professional at all times when conducting business at UPS.

Today’s Rally was nothing more than a circus side show to save face"

I was just looking for info and thought there might be something here but there wasn't ......then I saw this thread about how great everything was going
Yea they got the cops called on them and now they aren't allowed on property. That's a weak ass aboard. The company can't stop your elected union officials from representing members. That's just a simple case of TDU taking over your local and now ups treats them however they want. I hear that 9.5 grievances are settled got 10cents for every dollar owed. That jack wad Tailibi is so in over his head it's not even funny. I lov it. A hospital worker representing upsers. Labor has to be creaming in their pants over this. They actually want to to deal with taibi because he is the one that made the deal for ten cents on every dollar owed to members who's 9.5 rights were violated. They can't get 8 hours either. TDU has made it a joke. Now upsers have to suffer because hospital people are in charge. Joke

What a joke. How can a Ba represent members when ups got him suspended. He's their female dog now. Way to go TDU activists. That's what they say they are. friend TDU.

wide load

What does it show as a local union when UPS can suspend the business agent? That is weakness. I'd be worried. But that's TDU for you. Smokescreen.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The last EBoard sucked.

These guys are picking up the pieces from the mess they left.

I am sure UPS would love to have the old EBoard back in office.

I heard they were a bunch of pansies.

And UPS loves Old Guard pansies.