Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

geneva54

So this is the companies contract proposal?

Why are they giving us a pay cut? UPS is a profitable company...........seems like they only care about pleasing the stock market I guess.

The health insurance is a major hit. How can they expect everyone to absorb this cost?
I guess I would have to sell my house to pay for my family's health insurance. The For Sale sign on my front lawn would read......"House for Sale to pay for UPS Health Insurance."

No real pay increases to even cover this health care. The so called bonus is nothing...........you might be lucky to see half of that after taxes.

UPS is just using the "bad economy card" right now to try and give everyone pay cuts.........like we are a stuggling company.............Thanks UPS for being a so called Honest Company.

Like I said before we shouldnt do anything with this contract right now...........just leave it alone.
Or just vote on it.........let it get voted down and then they can negotiate for another year.

FOGMAN

Ranji Batsman
Hey UPSSOCKS, I am thinking of sweetening my vacation a little. I want to do some snorkeling and maybe some deep sea fishing, about four or five easy hours should do it. Stay for 1 minute after work each day and I am home free. God bless Darmento and the contract he got us! YEAH! The funny thing is you actually think that I am not getting this doubletime and these easy hours. The sweetest money of all is the money you don't have to work for. THANK YOU!
Please Mr. Clocksucker no more bragging of your good fortune. This bragging only makes it easy for people like Mr DOL to justify their anger. Be thankful for the good fortune you have.

Obi-Wan

Re: The FAA is dropping the ball
Originally Posted by unionman
There's a cop on this beat, but the evidence suggests the Federal Aviation Administration has sometimes worried more about inconveniencing airlines than about aggressively safeguarding passengers. During a hearing Tuesday on last year's regional carrier crash near Buffalo that killed 50 people, the National Transportation Safety Board criticized the FAA for repeatedly ignoring safety recommendations and for not cracking down hard enough on regional carriers to make sure pilots are up to the job.
Not that the major airlines are blameless. An investigation by USA TODAY's Gary Stoller showed that airlines, including the majors, flew at least 65,000 flights over the past six years when maintenance deficiencies should have kept those planes grounded. Are the airlines cutting corners to save a buck, or are they just too sloppy to ensure work is done properly? Either answer is a bad one.

The FAA eventually caught up with violators and fined them. But that's hardly reassuring. The agency punishes only the violations it manages to find out about, and even when that happens, a lot of potentially risky trips can occur before it acts. Southwest flew more than 60,000 flights in 2006 and 2007 without doing mandatory inspections for fuselage cracks, a cause of past crashes. The FAA ultimately fined Southwest, but only after agency whistle-blowers told Congress that superiors were coddling the airline.
The Air Transport Association, the group that represents major U.S. airlines, defends their safety record — which has in fact been very good in recent years — and notes that there have been no maintenance-related passenger fatalities among its members since January 2000.
But there have been some hair-raising incidents related to shoddy maintenance, including a United 737 that returned to Denver in April 2008 after shutting down an engine with low oil pressure readings. An inspection showed that in place of two required protective caps, there were shop towels — shop towels! — covering openings on the engine.

More mechanics, equal safer planes. The ratio agreed upon at UPS is 4 to 1 (4 mechanics for every 1 plane). If that final offer goes through right now, that would mean the company could lay off almost another 100 mechanics. Why isn't the FAA enforcing a 5 to 1 ratio or better yet, the Teamsters?

geneva54

Did you say "Final Offer?" That isnt a final offer..........more like a test to see how stupid we are.
Im sure the Company negotiators will get a fat bonus if they can bamboozle us into accepting a cut in pay while the company continues to be profitable and make millions. I guess they want us to pay for the aircraft too.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Yeah because UPS is the only company in the world with paid vacations... The teamsters fought real hard to get paid vacations and paved the way for every workforce in the world. Paid vacation time is a given. The teamsters didn't get it for you.

You aren't allowed to post anymore. You are banished......

*****! Look in to history, not only did the Teamsters and other Unions get you paid vacations, they also got medical benfits, overtime pay, you ever hear of something called the weekend? Yes that was brought to the american work force by the Unions. What many people today take for granted came from teh hard work and in many cases off of teh lives of Union members that died to make this country a better place.

Now if you want to continue your little piss ant attitude about the unions, I suggest that you do not bad mouth these individuals that gave all, because I will come through your computer and ****** youv

Last edited by a moderator:

airbusfxr

705 Red, dont let UPSSUCKS rile you up brother. He along with that idiot Disfuntional Manager want us to work for free and pay for health care. Both of those idiots are just low level sups that want us to look up to them. Here the deal we all work hard providing customers the upmost service commitment and no matter how many bad decision the uppers make the troops will continue to make our customers happy. UPS is asking us to pay for health care and do not give us enough of a raise to cover it, and in 2013 you will be asked to pay for health care, like DM and UPSSUCKS, but remember both of those clowns do not provide UPS with anything but stirring us up. We are front line service providers and UPS can afford to pay us, we are the ones working. I would love to see both of those guys on that new show undercover boss, just think of how funny those 2 bozos would look trying to do our jobs.

Last edited:

UPSSOCKS

*****! Look in to history, not only did the Teamsters and other Unions get you paid vacations, they also got medical benfits, overtime pay, you ever hear of something called the weekend? Yes that was brought to the american work force by the Unions. What many people today take for granted came from teh hard work and in many cases off of teh lives of Union members that died to make this country a better place.

Now if you want to continue your little piss ant attitude about the unions, I suggest that you do not bad mouth these individuals that gave all, because I will come through your computer and ******* youv

Brainwashed by the union... so sad... The unions didn't do anything, and no union memeber died to make this country a better place, unless they served in the armed forces.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrv

Brainwashed by the union... so sad... The unions didn't do anything, and no union memeber died to make this country a better place, unless they served in the armed forces.

Unions were formed in response to guys like UPSSOCKS. Thanks UPSSOCKS for making it all possible.

unionman

took the survey and could not answer yes, as hard as I tried, all 18 yes or no questions were answered with a no.

airbusfxr

I took the survey also. Said Yes to Strike. Said no to signing bonus, yes to retro, no to paying for H/C, and did I mention YES to strike. I also told them I trust the unions statements and distrust the company's statements. Did I mention YES to strike. The last question was how long I could stay out and my answer was "till the cows come home" but told them that UPS could not strike for 1 day due to FDX already set to get the freight. I hope the Warden gets his answers and gets back to table with the real Last and final offer. In closing, I told the guy that 4% a year raise, full retro, free health care, and job security, and UPS can afford an airline. Look at 4th quarter results, NDA and Int filling Mgt fat wallets, and the economy getting better. UPS pay your bills they are overdue.

geneva54

Im wondering how much those brochures cost that the company sent out.........they look awfully fancy. Reminds me of those other advertising scams I get in the mail all the time. Probably why they are laying off pilots to pay for the damn things.....makes me not trust even more..........

UPSSOCKS

I took the survey also. Said Yes to Strike. Said no to signing bonus, yes to retro, no to paying for H/C, and did I mention YES to strike. I also told them I trust the unions statements and distrust the company's statements. Did I mention YES to strike. The last question was how long I could stay out and my answer was "till the cows come home" but told them that UPS could not strike for 1 day due to FDX already set to get the freight. I hope the Warden gets his answers and gets back to table with the real Last and final offer. In closing, I told the guy that 4% a year raise, full retro, free health care, and job security, and UPS can afford an airline. Look at 4th quarter results, NDA and Int filling Mgt fat wallets, and the economy getting better. UPS pay your bills they are overdue.

hahahaha...

unionman

That strike question went something like this. Are you some what committed to a strike , totally committed or not at all committed to a strike.

blackfoot

totally committed to strike,full retro, 3% per year ,payed health care ,and work stays in house. If you dont want to strike put your letter in for management. They will need some pt sups (be prepared to pay for health care ) that know something about aircraft . Dont give us the bs about nw airline , they did not have the ramp or pilots behind them . When the time comes I will strike for the ramp and pilots if needed. UPS has ruined another employee, no more favors.

unionman

totally committed to strike,full retro, 3% per year ,payed health care ,and work stays in house. If you dont want to strike put your letter in for management. They will need some pt sups (be prepared to pay for health care ) that know something about aircraft . Dont give us the bs about nw airline , they did not have the ramp or pilots behind them . When the time comes I will strike for the ramp and pilots if needed. UPS has ruined another employee, no more favors.
Totally committed is the no brainer answer that I said also.... My friend at FEDEX said they are getting another raise in April of a $1.61 and that they just hired another 3 mechanics in Dec of 09 putting there total mechanics up to 2450. UPS has 900 mechanics doing no real maintenance at all (C Checks) and farming even more out.

unionman

Now the pilots are just as pissed off as the mechanics. Isn't aviation great. Look what this guy had to go through to get to UPS, only to be shown the door....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FliFast
Many will say, that this place is the worst job they ever worked at...

I have towed banners
Single engine freight cessnas
corporate on turbo props out of TEB for almost nothing
piece of crap lear charter for almost nothing
nice gulfstream charter for awesome money
Atlas Air for almost nothing
UAL for many years only to have a good 10 months of pay
Countless other charter and corporate jobs

And now UPS.

21 years since I have taken my commercial checkride. I can honestly say UPS is the worst employer I have ever come across.

It is blood money.......
Currently looking for a better position, life is too short to have to work for
a s s "holes"

unionman

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]EXECUTIVE BOARD Publishes Solidarity Policy on Open Time and[/FONT] Junior Available (JA)​
The Executive Board has determined that, until further notice, the following policy is in effect:
* Any IPA crewmember who has received a furlough notice is exempt from this policy
1) Do not pick up Open Time except as outlined below;
2) Do not increase original credit line values by more than five (5:00) credit hours using line improvement, trip trades, and pick up of open time to restore SIK or MIL.
3) Do not participate in vacation buy-backs.
4) Do not voluntarily train on days off.
5) Do not bid for vacation on days off.
6) Do not bid for trips that carry-in to days off, including preferencing reserve assignments that carry into days off.
7) Do not accept Junior Available assignments.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]* - Captains on scheduled reserve days should accept JA2 assignments to the right seat.[/FONT]

airbusfxr

I am glad the IPA has put out guidelines for their members. UPS is in for a rude awakening, how can a group of Staff Level wallets expect to keep UPS competative with FDX?

mrv

One has to wonder why UPS chose to announce the Pilot layoffs on the eve of the 2727 contract survey? I think it was a lame attempt to intimidate the membership and influence the survey results. Normally UPS makes these kind of announcements on friday....one has to wonder. Now pretty much everyone in the Airline is pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.