Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr8dog

it cant be put out for a vote. company doesnt want it to be. will be voted down by 90 percent of mechanics. then wall street journal starts printing "strike at ups looming". customers run to fedex. If we walk the pilots and all teamster employees walk with us. theres no way it will happen. we got em right where we want em. just gonna take a few more months. warren doesnt want to go thru another november like he had this year. be pacient.

747fixer

A strike or lockout would be very, very ,very bad. The final offer should be put up for a vote. Let the membership of 2727 decide with their hearts.

Hey fogman!!! It's time to putup or shutup!! Local 2727 is ready...Is'nt 90 percent good enough...we voted and we said we wanted to strike!! Well we are deciding with our hearts and we are telling the Big Brown to go get ****** this not about us (local 2727) its about the package side of the business. Why would the company want to go down that road with 1050 people when the company has 300,000 union employees that "WILL WALK IF NEEDED" getting ready to renew there contract. Start the fight with them...not us! We are small fish in a big pond! Anyway Fogman you are an airgroup puppet and you are a yes man and should not even post here!! Have a nice life!

Last edited by a moderator:

FOGMAN

Ranji Batsman
Hey fogman!!! It's time to putup or shutup!! Local 2727 is ready...Is'nt 90 percent good enough...we voted and we said we wanted to strike!! Well we are deciding with our hearts and we are telling the Big Brown to go get ****** this not about us (local 2727) its about the package side of the business. Why would the company want to go down that road with 1050 people when the company has 300,000 union employees that "WILL WALK IF NEEDED" getting ready to renew there contract. Start the fight with them...not us! We are small fish in a big pond! Anyway Fogman you are an airgroup puppet and you are a yes man and should not even post here!! Have a nice life!

Listen or your tounge will keep you deaf. A man who misses a chance and the monkey who misses its branch cannot be saved.

Last edited by a moderator:

airbusfxr

Fogged over man, please understand that sitting in the AGB is your career path. You have a degree in Engineering and are paid to write EOs, we are the ones that make it happen. We all know your AGB pay scales are below industry standards, so get a UNION and get PAID. Please understand that we are sad you are underpaid but YOU have to organize your college edumenticateded buddies and join us so you can get paid. Why do you want us to take a substandard "last and final" offer? You and your work group must organize and take on UPS and get a contract like we are getting this year.

Last edited:

airbusfxr

Foggy, also the E-Board is the exclusive commitee that says yes or no on a contract proposal. They said NO and 90% of the members support them with a strike vote. The company had NO right to bypass them and put this concessionary contract on the web for all to view. When we are out on strike you can come over to the ramp and turn planes, oh you have an engineering degree, not an A&P.

Last edited:

FOGMAN

Ranji Batsman
Foggy, also the E-Board is the exclusive commitee that says yes or no on a contract proposal. They said NO and 90% of the members support them with a strike vote. The company had NO right to bypass them and put this concessionary contract on the web for all to view. When we are out on strike you can come over to the ramp and turn planes, oh you have an engineering degree, not an A&P.

Airbusfxr I hope you get what you are seeking, but remember if you're going to live by the river, make friends with the crocodile.

airbusfxr

Foggy, WE are asking for a fair days pay for a fair days work. You should ask the company why they live by the sword, remember that saying, so lets hope they do not die by the sword. Customers want reliable worldwide service, we give them safe, on time, worldwide service commitments and we are asking to be compensated fairly for this service. Your buddies in the AGB and ATL are asking us to take a pay cut for providing the most profitable service that UPS provides. You should tell them that if they live by the river they should make friends with the aligators. I know the AGB is close by milage, but a world away from the ramp, to bad you only hear one side of the story. The path we travel is made of gold that we have provided, we only want a small piece of the path that we have paved.

UPSSOCKS

Foggy, WE are asking for a fair days pay for a fair days work. You should ask the company why they live by the sword, remember that saying, so lets hope they do not die by the sword. Customers want reliable worldwide service, we give them safe, on time, worldwide service commitments and we are asking to be compensated fairly for this service. Your buddies in the AGB and ATL are asking us to take a pay cut for providing the most profitable service that UPS provides. You should tell them that if they live by the river they should make friends with the aligators. I know the AGB is close by milage, but a world away from the ramp, to bad you only hear one side of the story. The path we travel is made of gold that we have provided, we only want a small piece of the path that we have paved.

You already get paid more than what you are worth.....

FOGMAN

Ranji Batsman
Mr DOL thankyou for your negativity. Your negative bully tactics tward me and others only show what is truely wrong with the company. Lets hope all our brothers and sisters in UPS will find a way to work out their differences without destroying one another. Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Your arrogance astounds me

D

Dis-organized Labor

Mr DOL thankyou for your negativity. Your negative bully tactics tward me and others only show what is truely wrong with the company. Lets hope all our brothers and sisters in UPS will find a way to work out their differences without destroying one another. Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.

...and your pathetic attempts to draw me into a debate with you and your colleague really astound me. I'll move airplanes if we need to. I'll deliver if we need to. I'll sort if we need to...I appreciate the Company that I work for. I'm smart enough to realize that I could never organize something this size and make sure all (debate "all") people are taken care of.
Don't reply, beacuse I really don't give a FF

UPSSOCKS

...and your pathetic attempts to draw me into a debate with you and your colleague really astound me. I'll move airplanes if we need to. I'll deliver if we need to. I'll sort if we need to...I appreciate the Company that I work for. I'm smart enough to realize that I could never organize something this size and make sure all (debate "all") people are taken care of.
Don't reply, beacuse I really don't give a FF

If these bums strike, I will have 78 Part Time Supervisors on a jet, to help you out... It's not much but the least I could do.

unionman

-- United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS
retailLoader_lg.gif
Loading...​
) said Tuesday its fourth-quarter profit more than doubled in the absence of charges, with improved international demand also helping the shipping firm.
For the most recent quarter, the Atlanta shipping giant said it earned $757 million, or 76 cents a share, up from $254 million, or 25 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
UPS was hit by $575 million worth of charges in the fourth quarter of 2008, mostly on a goodwill impairment of its UPS Freight unit.
Sales edged down to $12.5 billion from $12.7 billion.
Analysts polled by FactSet Research were looking for earnings of 71 cents a share and sales of $12.2 billion, on average.
UPS said it ended 2009 on a high note by "leveraging network changes implemented throughout the year and executing flawlessly during the peak holiday shipping period, which was stronger than we had anticipated," said UPS Chairman and Chief Executive Scott Davis.
All regions experienced export volume growth, led by Asia and the United States, the company said.
Shares of UPS rose 1.4% premarket to $59.20. In the last 12 months the stock is up nearly 38%.
For 2010, UPS forecast earnings in a range of $2.70 to $3.05 a share, with the first quarter slated to be the most challenging.
The Wall Street consensus was for the full-year is earnings of $2.79 a share.

More UPS News

UPSSOCKS

-- United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS
retailLoader_lg.gif
Loading...​
) said Tuesday its fourth-quarter profit more than doubled in the absence of charges, with improved international demand also helping the shipping firm.
For the most recent quarter, the Atlanta shipping giant said it earned $757 million, or 76 cents a share, up from $254 million, or 25 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
UPS was hit by $575 million worth of charges in the fourth quarter of 2008, mostly on a goodwill impairment of its UPS Freight unit.
Sales edged down to $12.5 billion from $12.7 billion.
Analysts polled by FactSet Research were looking for earnings of 71 cents a share and sales of $12.2 billion, on average.
UPS said it ended 2009 on a high note by "leveraging network changes implemented throughout the year and executing flawlessly during the peak holiday shipping period, which was stronger than we had anticipated," said UPS Chairman and Chief Executive Scott Davis.
All regions experienced export volume growth, led by Asia and the United States, the company said.
Shares of UPS rose 1.4% premarket to $59.20. In the last 12 months the stock is up nearly 38%.
For 2010, UPS forecast earnings in a range of $2.70 to $3.05 a share, with the first quarter slated to be the most challenging.
The Wall Street consensus was for the full-year is earnings of $2.79 a share.

More UPS News

That's great.... The best part is, everyone is profiting but 2727

Status
Not open for further replies.