Local 710

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So Mr. Bubblehead I am new to the Brown café. Apparently you doubt there was a letter in 710? Perhaps I misunderstood your post.
It was originally reported early on in this thread that there was a pension increase for retirees ($500/month) that was negotiated into the new contract for 710 UPSer's and that the details were listed in "a letter".

As it turns out, the 710 Pension is a multi-employer fund that did increase benefits to all retirees in the plan and was indeed detailed in a letter.

....but it wasn't exclusive to UPS retirees, nor was it as a result of any contract negotiations.

It was done by the funds Board of Trustees, presumably due to funding levels and all retirees from all the companies under it's umbrella received the increase.

It was originally reported early on in this thread that there was a pension increase for retirees ($500/month) that was negotiated into the new contract for 710 UPSer's and that the details were listed in "a letter".

As it turns out, the 710 Pension is a multi-employer fund that did increase benefits to all retirees in the plan and was indeed detailed in a letter.

....but it wasn't exclusive to UPS retirees, nor was it as a result of any contract negotiations.

It was done by the funds Board of Trustees, presumably due to funding levels and all retirees from all the companies under it's umbrella received the increase.
I apologize you are correct. I did not specifically state that it was not part of the contract negotiations. Just thought it was a little nugget people on here might find interesting. To be fair, though my post was only about the letter I received. I did not mention contract negotiations.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I apologize you are correct. I did not specifically state that it was not part of the contract negotiations. Just thought it was a little nugget people on here might find interesting. To be fair, though my post was only about the letter I received. I did not mention contract negotiations.
No you didn't, but others did vigorously.

....which lead me to ask to see this "letter".

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I saw that letter also. Doesn’t it seem odd that SOB would throw Mike Cales under the bus like that? What am I missing?
Local 710 did not support the current slate.

I’m not saying this is retribution, but I do know we also ended up with a jurisdictional dispute immediately after the election where they were trying to move centers from 710 to a less desirable local.