Strike Authorization Today?

Screenshot_20230616-184510-740.png

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If they can get this done in time it's barely going to get done by the last day.

Just speculating 🤔.. maybe put it out for vote 14 days before August 1…?

Will O’Brien be willing to extend the current contract if he gets a tentative agreement.

Whatever he negotiates will still have to go through the usual suspects.. typically the Central, Southern, L89, L705, L710, and L805. Members are still very pissed at the way the last one went down.

“Eat them eat cake” mentality will not work this time.

Staydryitsraining

Will need significantly stronger overtime protections as well.
Yea I would appreciate that more than a raise. However I think there is a majority of drivers at the company who have become reliant on the OT to pay their bills and now live by the mantra, I get paid by the hour, I'll take the ot or gonna be a big check that's all.

DriverNerd

Just speculating 🤔.. maybe put it out for vote 14 days before August 1…?

Will O’Brien be willing to extend the current contract if he gets a tentative agreement.

Whatever he negotiates will still have to go through the usual suspects.. typically the Central, Southern, L89, L705, L710, and L805. Members are still very pissed at the way the last one went down.

“Eat them eat cake” mentality will not work this time.
Can't put it out for vote in the middle of August if they're still negotiating terms. I think a handshake agreement would be enough for O'Brien not to call for a strike. That's just my opinion though.

If people really are dumb enough to vote down a strong contract just because they're pissed at UPS that's on them. The best way to get back at them is to accept a contract that's going to cost them and benefit you. Some will vote no even if we get everything we demanded in the contract.