Local 710

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Weird.

Local 705 and 710 each have our own contract separate from the national. Not sure why we’d be expected to have opinions on a contract that doesn’t apply to us.

I believe that their separate pension benefits are run thru Article 34 (master). If it is true that they negotiated pension increases for their current retirees this Contract it would open up the possibility of every pension plan doing the actual same thing, now or in the future.

Still not enough details yet to see if those increases are COLA driven. At one time the Chicago teamsters had one of the best pension plans out there, I remember back in “94” a Chicago area business agent showed me the pension benefits.

It ran about 100 dollars a service year or 3,000 a month for a 30 year pension. It was far superior to what Central States was paying back in the day.

I believe their part timers are still under the company controlled UPS Pension Plan, any vested time as a part timer will still pay peanuts.

542thruNthru

Think I’ll throw a little bitch fit like
@542 when he found out the central got a pension bump
giphy-32.gif

Thebrownblob

Weird.

Local 705 and 710 each have our own contract separate from the national. Not sure why we’d be expected to have opinions on a contract that doesn’t apply to us.
Doesn’t seem like it would make sense for him to spend the locals money to travel to something that does not pertain to your local. Unless I’m not understanding something.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Doesn’t seem like it would make sense for him to spend the locals money to travel to something that does not pertain to your local. Unless I’m not understanding something.

705/710 meeting after or before everyone else
They still have to have a 2 man meeting somewhere

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Let us get this straight… “receiving $ 500 a month bump for Current and future retirees”

“The Company won’t do that….”

Just shows that everyone’s pension benefits are politically controlled, absolutely no equity nationwide.
I can't find anything on here about a "$500 a month bump for Current and future retirees", in neither the TA redline or highlights document?

Local 710 UPS Tentative Agreement – Redline & Review Meetings

Sorry @burrheadd, I really wanted to be wrong this time.

bumped

Current and future retirees are getting a $500 a month bump here in 710.

It's not in the TA redline or highlights.
Is it correct your bump is because 710 is funded near 120% and the fund needs to spend the money before it takes on much additional money.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Current and future retirees are getting a $500 a month bump here in 710.

It's not in the TA redline or highlights.
So was this $500/month pension benefit enhancement made by the Trustees of the 710 Pension Fund, or was it negotiated as part of the newly proposed collective bargaining agreement (that still needs to be ratified)?

....because I find it hard to believe that 710 wouldn't list that as a win on their highlights document if it was as a result of recent negotiations.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So was this $500/month pension benefit enhancement made by the Trustees of the 710 Pension Fund, or was it negotiated as part of the newly proposed collective bargaining agreement (that still needs to be ratified)?

....because I find it hard to believe that 710 wouldn't list that as a win on their highlights document if it was as a result of recent negotiations.

We can’t always be right
Good game though

Bigtruck

Why would current retirees get a $500 bump? It’s not their money, they stopped contributing a long time ago. They knew what their monthly benefit was going to be when they retired, give the extra $500 to those that have not retired and are still contributing to the fund.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

It was made by the trustees, not negotiated. I had a letter with details, but I neglected to take a picture of it before I got rid of it.

I don't really care to have a stance in any of this argument, just confirming that we do have a $500 increase coming to all current and future retirees in local 710.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It was made by the trustees, not negotiated. I had a letter with details, but I neglected to take a picture of it before I got rid of it.

I don't really care to have a stance in any of this argument, just confirming that we do have a $500 increase coming to all current and future retirees in local 710.
I'm happy for anyone who gets more, but continue to assert that the Company will never agree to any COLA-type pension provisions....ever.

Trustees raising benefits as a result of funding levels is an apples and oranges comparison to compelling the Company through collective bargaining.