Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

Jungle boy dee

Hoffa, doesnt have nothing, except that he Is weak!....UPS loves that! They will kiss his behind! and do what thay can, to keep him in power. They have his puppet strings and they do no not want to start over, with a new devil!
How the hell is that driver allowed to have a full sleeve on his arm!!!!!!!!! Wtf
What do u care!!!! Worry bout yourself alot of ups drivers in nyc have full n booth sleeves on their arms

outlaw

UPS fired Liam years ago. His job wasn't at risk.

I hope at the gm meeting the members demand he resign. He has poisoned this local with his tdu bs. It takes brains and balls to be a good ba. A steady diet of kool aid just don't cut it. Wake up 804 we just bit the bullet, it's time to rid our local of tdu.

stink219

I hope at the gm meeting the members demand he resign. He has poisoned this local with his tdu bs. It takes brains and balls to be a good ba. A steady diet of kool aid just don't cut it. Wake up 804 we just bit the bullet, it's time to rid our local of tdu.
Great post!!

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

bigd

Once again!
Thanks hall and Sean O'Brian.

Tim S should invite Hall and O'Brian to our next general membership meeting (April 27) so all members have the opportunity to thank them personally!

Local804 members will never forget what you done for us!

Brown Spider

I hope at thbe gm meeting the members demand he resign. He has poisoned this local with his tdu bs. It takes brains and balls to be a good ba. A steady diet of kool aid just don't cut it. Wake up 804 we just bit the bullet, it's time to rid our local of tdu.

It would be inappropriate for such a demand to be raised at the general membership meeting. No action can be taken by the Executive Board to force his resignation. Do you even have any idea if the Maspeth 250 would support such a demand? I mean...after all...the biggest critics of Liam and the Executive Board are the self serving opportunists from outside of Maspeth. Aren't you guys getting tired of kicking the political football around?

Brown Spider

Once again!

Tim S should invite Hall and O'Brian to our next general membership meeting (April 27) so all members have the opportunity to thank them personally!

Ummm...actually, I think it's O'Brien. Anyway, why don't you run your suggestion by the Local 804 Executive Board? That would be the appropriate venue for such a request. And I'm sure that they've already considered your repeated calls for their resignation. Hey! Bring member 6045 and not a brain in his head<<<oops, I mean not what i voted for>>>with you. And good luck with that!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Maspeth has had problems for 30 plus years.
Started before Carey, at it's worst with Carey and still bad today.
Being relocated to Maspeth is a threat every management person has heard over the years.
It is referred to as the cesspool of UPS.
We had a center manager busted down to Driver Supervisor and sent to Maspeth in 1990. The company was trying to get him to quit. He hung in and after about 5 years in purgatory was allowed to come back ,but never again in Manager Status. he told me on more than once he hated every minute he was there

browned out

I would grieve the 2 week suspension or reject it and stay with the discharge if UPS did not grant Reyes his Weingarten Rights or UPS did not follow the contract.

Reyes, Liam or any other discharged drivers rights under NLRB Federal Law are not diminished in any way by the decision made by UPS and the Union to agree on a 2 week unpaid suspension.

You do not want this in your employee history if the action was indeed legal. If UPS violated anything with in the NLRB; why would employees settle for anything less than full reinstatement with everything expunged and back pay. Drivers will be entitled to pain and suffering damages and punitive damages to UPS. That is if...and it is a big if; UPS violated Reyes Weingarten Rights or UPS did not settle the dispute in the required manner outlined in the contract.

Drivers can file with the NLRB or other State or Federal Agencies even after they are reinstated. Drivers have nothing to lose by filing with the NLRB or any other govt. agencies. I would file anywhere the case would apply.

UPS will follow thru with their 2 week unpaid suspensions. If you think they will make good on their commitment to resolve grievances more expeditiously and follow the contract and stop the excessive harassment; then I have a bridge in Brooklyn that you may be interested in buying.

Stay strong 804, stand your ground and complete what Liam fought for. Liam you are a badass and an inspiration to all of us. Your speech hit it right on the head.

(Liam) ---- " I can tell you I don't have the IBT backing because the IBT cares more about UPS than the drivers. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If UPS abides by the contract, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for UPS, I will not pursue UPS. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will hold you accountable."**

** quote paraphrased, parodied and partially quoted from Taken. 2008. Director Pierre Morel EuropaCorp Distribution, 20th Century Fox. No part of the above quote was made by any 804 member or rep.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I would grieve the 2 week suspension or reject it and stay with the discharge if UPS did not grant Reyes his Weingarten Rights or UPS did not follow the contract.

Reyes, Liam or any other discharged drivers rights under NLRB Federal Law are not diminished in any way by the decision made by UPS and the Union to agree on a 2 week unpaid suspension.

You do not want this in your employee history if the action was indeed legal. If UPS violated anything with in the NLRB; why would employees settle for anything less than full reinstatement with everything expunged and back pay. Drivers will be entitled to pain and suffering damages and punitive damages to UPS. That is if...and it is a big if; UPS violated Reyes Weingarten Rights or UPS did not settle the dispute in the required manner outlined in the contract.

Drivers can file with the NLRB or other State or Federal Agencies even after they are reinstated. Drivers have nothing to lose by filing with the NLRB or any other govt. agencies. I would file anywhere the case would apply.

UPS will follow thru with their 2 week unpaid suspensions. If you think they will make good on their commitment to resolve grievances more expeditiously and follow the contract and stop the excessive harassment; then I have a bridge in Brooklyn that you may be interested in buying.

Stay strong 804, stand your ground and complete what Liam fought for. Liam you are a badass and an inspiration to all of us. Your speech hit it right on the head.

(Liam) ---- " I can tell you I don't have the IBT backing because the IBT cares more about UPS than the drivers. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If UPS abides by the contract, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for UPS, I will not pursue UPS. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will hold you accountable."**

** quote paraphrased, parodied and partially quoted from Taken. 2008. Director Pierre Morel EuropaCorp Distribution, 20th Century Fox. No part of the above quote was made by any 804 member or rep.
Every thread?

Once again!

If he invites them he'll have to share the food. He don't look like he likes to share.

not what i voted for

Ummm...actually, I think it's O'Brien. Anyway, why don't you run your suggestion by the Local 804 Executive Board? That would be the appropriate venue for such a request. And I'm sure that they've already considered your repeated calls for their resignation. Hey! Bring member 6045 and not a brain in his head<<<oops, I mean not what i voted for>>>with you. And good luck with that!

You are another big bag of wind and you are not a Teamster!!!

WESLA

It is what it is
Nothing is ever good enough on BC.
The fact that 250 teamsters stood up for their rights, and stood together, is righteous.
The forum has been bickering back and forth over who's fault this was, pointing fingers here and there, if it was right or wrong what maspeth did. Now, the 250 drivers have been reinstated, and instead of a simple congrats to the 250, and being thankful for your brothers jobs being saved, BC users are now arguing over who saved the day!!?!

Lol, come on children, recess is over.
And you know who I'm really mad at? Our CEO. I haven't heard him say anything on this. Yea!! It's his fault!!

Seems like the going thing to point fingers so I thought if join in.

CharleyHustle

When I look at the whole thing, it looks like a real slap in the face to local 804 and their e-board. Yes, 250 hourly got their jobs back which is fantastic, but the price was high. 2 week unpaid suspension, living in the high rent area of New York, UPS wins. The local has to reimburse all moneys lost due to the work stoppage, UPS wins. UPS calms the fears of the city and stops any action by political entities to penalize the company, UPS wins. The beloved BA is banned from UPS property, UPS wins. The conditions that started the whole process are still in place in every building, no commitment that the company has to change its ways, UPS wins. Ups has put the fear of termination into every job action nationwide, UPS wins. UPS is in better shape in every way than before the job action. That's 6 wins to one for the Teamsters, and the blame is going to be placed directly on the L804 board and their agents.