Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

hartford ogs

Uh, were you here for peak? Did you know they lowered stops per car over the region in January? Not district. REGION! REGION!!!! Do you know our volume increased from sure
Post? There was a highering freeze in the last 5 year contract. That has been lifted. If you can't remember, UPS started with 9 new hires when DM was still BA. You think things have changed? You been here 2 days dude. Guys are still 9pm'ing it. How many 9.5 grievances have been paid?

Sent using the conscience of Local 251
Stops per car, hiring freeze, region? the more i listen to you i think you are mangment at our hub. You are to involved with the operation.

stink219

Stops per car, hiring freeze, region? the more i listen to you i think you are mangment at our hub. You are to involved with the operation.
It's called being educated. I know that is a difficult concept for you. Isn't that what our new union promotes? This was a union issue from a year and a half ago. You are better off just being told what's what by the new union. Just stick to following. You are better at it.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Because in one visit, in one day, 250 drivers have jobs again. That's why they saved the day.

I'm sure you wished the 250 were still jobless.

So why no visit, say Feb. 27th? Or any time between then until April 8th? What the hell took Hoffa so long to come out of the marble palace??

And, if you remember, I was the one saying to support those 250 drivers, their BA, and their E-BOARD.

You were the one who wanted the BA fired, and the E-BOARD to resign. In the middle of a battle.

Stonefish

So why no visit, say Feb. 27th? Or any time between then until April 8th? What the hell took Hoffa so long to come out of the marble palace??

And, if you remember, I was the one saying to support those 250 drivers, their BA, and their E-BOARD.

You were the one who wanted the BA fired, and the E-BOARD to resign. In the middle of a battle.
If they would have been there on the 27th you still would have had something negative to say about it. The reality is Hoffa/Hall got it fixed and you aren't happy about it. Give them some credit

stink219

So your saying that it is acceptable for the BA to do this then the Intl comes running? I'll find it in the constitution for you tonight. You didn't have faith in the local?

realbrown1

So your saying that it is acceptable for the BA to do this then the Intl comes running? I'll find it in the constitution for you tonight. You didn't have faith in the local?

I am saying that if a local finds itself in this kind of position the international should come under any circumstances.
It's their job.

upschuck

I am saying that if a local finds itself in this kind of position the international should come under any circumstances.
It's their job.
Problem with this is where is the line as to when the Int comes in and takes over, and when do they stay on the sidelines, and wait for the local to ask? I would think that the Int should have asked L804(if they didn't) to offer assistance in the bargaining. We don't know what happened behind the scenes and what didn't, so I will not make accusations as to what did or did not happen.

realbrown1

Problem with this is where is the line as to when the Int comes in and takes over, and when do they stay on the sidelines, and wait for the local to ask? I would think that the Int should have asked L804(if they didn't) to offer assistance in the bargaining. We don't know what happened behind the scenes and what didn't, so I will not make accusations as to what did or did not happen.
Did they take over? Do we have the details on how the negotiations went?
Who told you that the international took over negotiations?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Did they take over? Do we have the details on how the negotiations went?
Who told you that the international took over negotiations?
It was obvious that it was orchestrated to appear that the IBT made it happen ... whether that is the case or not.
I can imagine UPS wanted it to appear that way and may have refused to negotiate with 804 directly.

oldngray

nowhere special
It was obvious that it was orchestrated to appear that the IBT made it happen ... whether that is the case or not.
I can imagine UPS wanted it to appear that way and may have refused to negotiate with 804 directly.

UPS really doesn't like local 804 so I agree they may have refused to negotiate until IBT stepped in.

Elvis657

And the IBT "finally" stepped I'm sure for political posturing. No doubt giving H/h past actions over the years. I know I won't forget it in 2016!!!! Just glad to see the Maspeth 250 made it through the storm. Big brown better do what it takes to fix the problems in that building... I hope they do hope I have very little faith they will. Solidarity!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Big brown better do what it takes to fix the problems in that building... I hope they do hope I have very little faith they will. Solidarity!!
Maspeth has had problems for 30 plus years.
Started before Carey, at it's worst with Carey and still bad today.
Being relocated to Maspeth is a threat every management person has heard over the years.
It is referred to as the cesspool of UPS.

upschuck

Maspeth has had problems for 30 plus years.
Started before Carey, at it's worst with Carey and still bad today.
Being relocated to Maspeth is a threat every management person has heard over the years.
It is referred to as the cesspool of UPS.
I thought my hub was the place they sent management to die.

upschuck

When threatened with your hub, they typically up chuck.
Was told that my hub normally has the best numbers in district, and yet they still come down hard on management because they aren't good enough. Kind of makes me laugh when they complain about that.

outlaw

The truth is that the board messed up and your article 18 section 4 is bs. Any BA who encourages anyone to lose their job is no good.

FAT BOY just remember who saved your butt. Well for now at least.
image.jpg