Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

stink219

Why has the TDU web site taken down everything related to local 804. Not that I'm complaining BUT is Tim trying to distance himself from them to save his ass. It's to late, our eboard and TDU have ruined our local , and next Sunday the transition starts.
Transition?

If you were a supporter of them. Why not anymore?
Because they grew up and started thinking like a rational man. Stopped talking and sat back and listened. Assessed the situation. More times than not acting first is the worst move. Sit back and lay like a cat in the grass. Then you pounce when you see the weakness.

stink219

You are going to have to realize it's not about Hoffa anymore. He's a lame duck. It's now are you with Sean O'Brian and hall or against them. Don't underestimate the name hall and Sean O'Brian is a god on the east coast. For the people who like Hoffa sr and wish he was still around Sean is in that mold. He's the union tough guy that we want. A man with bravado and toughness.
People need to realize that Hall and OB are the future. Hoffa is more than likely retiring. He will be 73 next month. hall is a brilliant negotiator. With Sean on his right, we will gain a lot of momentum. If we let a TDUer in power, we would have 250,000 on a wildcat instead of 250.

Last edited:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Because they grew up and started thinking like a rational man. Stopped talking and sat back and listened. Assessed the situation. More times than not acting first is the worst move. Sit back and lay like a cat in the grass. Then you pounce when you see the weakness.

Sounds like a major anti-tdu bias you have there.

realbrown1

What would you care? Your not TDU. How can you sit there and deny you are TDU? Whenever a mention of them you play Mighty Mouse.
"Here I come to save the TDU day!!" Comical!!

Yep. I am not TDU. For the hundredth time.

Yep, I'll always be there to set the record straight on TDU, or to thwart that Old Guard BS that you spew.

realbrown1

People need to realize that Hall and OB are the future. Hoffa is more than likely retiring. He will be 73 next month. hall is a brilliant negotiator. With Sean on his right, we will gain a lot of momentum. If we let a TDUer in power, we would have 250,000 on a wildcat instead of 250.

People need to realize?

Do they need to realize?

Hall is a UPS sock puppet and OB is a jack booted union thug who will attack other teamsters for personal gain.

You witnessed that first hand and then posted the video on BC for all to see. That was really telling of how you and the Old Guard think.

realbrown1

Let me guess. A fair weather supporter, right?

You are the troll.
I don't think many members were blind to the facts in this case! Maybe some Blind Faith in 804 but that is changing. .......Not what i voted for

Learn to post before you start slamming someone.

It might help you actually look like you know something.

Big Bad Wolf

If you were a supporter of them. Why not anymore?
TDU has changed direction. What turned me off was going to conventions, we were trained by self proclaimed experts of labor that never pulled a trailer or lifted a box. Even Ken told us that "stretching the truth is within your legal limit". Basically telling us to lie on grievance forms. We were pressed to donate at conventions and try to improve upon prior donations.

Sent using BrownCafe App

fedupups

From Brown Spider..

I still maintain that the Article 18, Section 4 language would have prevailed, but that's not my call. I also think that Liam made a justified decision and a gutsy call. I'd choose him to represent me anytime. I also still support the Local 804 Executive Board because I'm not a one issue voter. I look at the representation they've provided, the contract they've negotiated, the pension improvement they've made, and their early decision to fix the health plan problems rather than hide them as was done in the past. They've done a lot of good work and I continue to support them. Tim may never earn the title of my "beloved president", but he's more than earned the title of President.

Brown Spider....I do agree with a couple of your points...Pension increase long time coming and needed.. Health plan 50/50 in agreement lot of drivers in collections when Union should just pay the bill whats the point of having medical coverage if bills aint getting paid...lucky you aren't a BA and relied on your understanding of article 18, section 4 or those 250 would never get their job back...you did leave out that this board introduced a part-time wokforce to do full time work (VCD's)...if u consider this a good thing well there is no hope for u...