Looking for some insight on purchasing and running a ground route

FedGT

That's not really negotiating. That's your weak answer every time you don't have a legit answer.

You are one to talk.

It's too late for them, they are in too deep. Fred has them brainwashed. Let them believe the are great entrepreneurs. They must defend the scam.

What is that the 150th time you've said this. Much more sad that you can't get on with your life and think what you say here matters.

Browndriver5

Real estate is much cheaper. Did you even read my post before going on your rant???? I stated that if rents pay the costs, you have other people buying appreciable assets for you. I said costs- those costs include maintenance, taxes, vacancies, etc. And Of course you stupidly assume that borrowing afgainst an asset isn't done by banks for some reason. If you have a property that has appreciated, and is still paying for itself, and you have also built up equity from loan payments, of course you can refi, pull the cash, and purchase another property. And it doesn't take hundreds of thousands of dollars. That is just ignorance. 30% down is enough, and you can do it with less.

And you may be uninformed about rental property and the housing bubble. Rents didn't decline, and vacancy rates for multi-unit properties went down. In fact, the vacancy rate was down so that apartment building recovered well before single family homes.

I have had rental properties since the early 80s, and they are both easier and less time consuming than fedex. The first was a rehab needing duplex that I got at a good price. Did the rehab, had positive cash flow, borrowed against the equity a couple years later,, still had positive cash flow. and purchased a 6-plex. Did some deferred maintenance, raised the rents, the rent from 2 units would cover the costs after about 4 years, had positive cash flow from 1986 through 2012 when I sold and retired. In the meantime, with money borrowed against equity, I bought and developed a single family home on a lot zoned for multifamily, and built three more units. Sold those, and moved to sunny California to retire. Long term, real estate is a much better investment that fedex could ever be. Ask Donald Trump.

I'd like to see the terms of any SBA loan that was secured only by the value of the contract. Maybe they'll loan based on value of vehicles, or you can pledge your 401k.

This took no special education or training, just some common sense and some due diligence.

Very wise post. Any millionaire will tell you to always invest in real estate.

It will be fine

I only speak the truth, and sometimes the truth hurts!
Not really. You always claim the only people that are successful at Ground got all their routes for free, then you say they are in too deep. It can't be both. If you're not carrying much debt you can easily walk away.

instiches

You could easily carry other deliveries for other shippers at the same time not affecting your fedex deliveries, but fedex won't let you.

Oh, I wasn't aware that FedEx prohibits me from owning other delivery companies. I should have read the contract carefully!

You could legally drop off remote rural packages at some other local delivery service to save you money, but fedex won't let you.

Man, I have to rack my brain so hard to come up with sensible reasons why FedEx would not want packages tendered to random delivery companies before it reached the final destination.

Try telling an independent trucker with a 53 foot trailer that he can only carry your cargo, even though he has 20 feet extra and is going right next door where he could earn another $500.

I don't understand the whole DOT number thing. Can you explain it to me?

FedGT

I only speak the truth, and sometimes the truth hurts!
That isn't very truthful. You speak of what is possible or impossible without having any experience of good and profitable multi route ownership. So all you tell is about other people that have told you of something that may or may not be accurate with a negative bias towards a company that wanted nothing to do with you going forward as well as you not wanting anything to do with them.

dmac1

Oh, I wasn't aware that FedEx prohibits me from owning other delivery companies. I should have read the contract carefully!

Man, I have to rack my brain so hard to come up with sensible reasons why FedEx would not want packages tendered to random delivery companies before it reached the final destination.

I don't understand the whole DOT number thing. Can you explain it to me?

Even though fedex doesn't prohibit you from owning other delivery companies, they DO prohibit you from delivering fedex packages with those other companies even though YOU own them. Andwho said random companies??? Are you so slow that you can't find reputable insured companies in your area that deliver packages/ Even in some of the small towns I've lived in have local courier companies- and fedex won't let you use them even if it is more cost effective for you.

Some of those courier services are the same exact ones fedex uses themselves during peak!!!!!!!!! You may make money, but you are not by any measure 'independent' and to keep claiming so just proves your ignorance of the laws.

bbsam

Staff member
Even though fedex doesn't prohibit you from owning other delivery companies, they DO prohibit you from delivering fedex packages with those other companies even though YOU own them. Andwho said random companies??? Are you so slow that you can't find reputable insured companies in your area that deliver packages/ Even in some of the small towns I've lived in have local courier companies- and fedex won't let you use them even if it is more cost effective for you.

Some of those courier services are the same exact ones fedex uses themselves during peak!!!!!!!!! You may make money, but you are not by any measure 'independent' and to keep claiming so just proves your ignorance of the laws.
Just out of curiosity, can you tell me WHY I can't deliver another company's packages on my Fedex truck?

upschuck

Incorrect. Try again. I'll give you a hint. What is the one thing that runs throughout every business decision of every company?
My BIL was and independent contractor with another large company, he could do whatever he wanted with his truck, a true independent contractor.